2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Embarrassment of riches. I hope all those type of teams are in cap hell next year.
I don't know that Kane helps them much given the other teams. Kane has lost a step and appears to still be injured. He's not young and not the same player. Tarasenko... he no longer drives fear into opponents and has only helped the power play. Defense and goaltending is strong but as a team, I don't know that they still get by the 1st round playing the Devils. While the Devils lack experience, I think their skill players will put more pressure on the Rangers and Shisterkin hasn't been nearly as good this year.

I get where you are coming from but I don't see them as one with all the riches. Maybe it's my hate for that team. :D

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Kinda starting to wonder if Nyquist will end up a sweetener in a Gavrikov deal. Give us what we want on Gavi and we will throw in a middle six veteran forward who won’t count against your cap but might come in handy come playoff time.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
When Edmonton trades for Chychrun or Parayko, that’s when the Gav situation will start to turn really ugly

What if Jarmo shocks the world and we trade for Parayko? Something like Peeke, Boqvist, 2024 1st (top 3 protected), Mateychuk.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

No CBJ listed so I assume that means we have taken his thoughts about not wanting to come here seriously

Or it's Garrioch. The guy who blocked me because I called him out about shitting on Columbus years ago. He couldn't handle some push back. He's never viewed Columbus as anything worth writing about. Although I don't think CBJ is part of this any longer as I really feel this was a setback with Gavrikov. I'm starting to fall into the "I hope we even get a 3rd for him" camp. Just an ugly season on every front it seems. Damn Nationwide jinx. Indian burrial ground I tell ya!

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Kinda starting to wonder if Nyquist will end up a sweetener in a Gavrikov deal. Give us what we want on Gavi and we will throw in a middle six veteran forward who won’t count against your cap but might come in handy come playoff time.
Maybe I'm wrong but Nyquist at most is a lottery ticket? Someone who get s traded for a conditional 5/6/7th round pick if he plays in a certain number of playoff games?
Meaning hopefully we move him (to save some dollars) but in all likelihood we get nothing back in return.

Maybe I'm wrong but with him being hurt he is just a depth play for a team worried about injuries in the playoffs

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Looks like I was right about Gavrikov wanting term and Jarmo not giving it.

Canes should trade for Laine, get the band back together.
Canes don't need Laine. They have Svechnikov, Nečas, Teravainen, Jarvis. And I doubt their GM would want to trade Jarvis, on the other side Jarmo would want neither Teravainen nor Kotkaniemi.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I assume they just commuted - it is about an hour away from Pittsburgh. If he played for a team in the NW part of Pittsburgh, it is probably a shorter drive. I know plenty of people in Columbus that have driven 2 hours each way or more multiple time per week for youth hockey. There are Cincinnati kids and Athens kids that come to Columbus to practice/play.
Wiki page cites Coraopolis, same PGH suburb cited in the tweet. Anyways…

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020

Suitors are dwindling

washington definitely wasn't a suitor for gavrikov and i think everyone assumed getting mccabe would take toronto out of it anyway.

if anything this is good news as it takes two more LHD off the market (granted both are stylistically different) AND if toronto still has some kind of interest in gavrikov (despite now having a logjam at d) they could move boston's first for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad