2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
As a little interlude to actual trade news, some Montreal fans are daydreaming that Josh Anderson could return the same as Jeannot. Was a fun first few posts. :D
Yeah some of them are hopeless. They dont get that its mostly just Tampa paying premiums for these guys and they are targetting guys on cheap deals. If they price themselves out they walk like Coleman and Goodrow. Jeannot will likely be like Paul and sign for term and lower $. Hagel already had a cheap deal signed. I told them basically Tampa can have 2 or 3 of those guys for the same cost as Andersons deal but most just gloss over that and argue with others saying they dont know Anderson and his game.

There will have to be retention and a very desperate team calling which I suppose could happen but unlikely.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
As a little interlude to actual trade news, some Montreal fans are daydreaming that Josh Anderson could return the same as Jeannot. Was a fun first few posts. :D
Jarmo deffo didn't do the best when trading away Domi, but it was almost worth the terrible return to not sign Anderson to that deal, With his injury history, his contract is almost untradeable.

Reactions: Jovavic

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
If they don't move him and Jenner suffers a career ending back-related injury next year, I will view that as another L for Jarmo. Not necessarily a massive L because there's always bad luck involved but still an L.
So operate in fear and collect the real Stanley Cup of HF which is draft picks? Yeah... That would be a major L to make moves because you are scared of worst case scenarios. Sometimes those deals make sense in the timeline, sometimes they dont. Right now does not, at all

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Sometimes those deals make sense in the timeline, sometimes they dont. Right now does not, at all
I think that in order to make that conclusion we should at least have a better knowledge of 1) what doctors think of Jenner's playing condition now and what it can be in the near future, and 2) how competitive they want the team to become for next season.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
“I’m sure the player (Gavrikov) is disappointed and so are we,” Kekalainen said. “We would have never taken him out of the lineup unless we had an offer on the table.

“But now it doesn’t make any sense to put him back in there when there’s one game left before the deadline. It just doesn’t make any sense.”

But Kekalainen said the two weeks of healthy scratches are an “unintended consequence” of the situation. He believed a deal was in place with Boston and was waiting on a return call from the Bruins when their deal with Washington for Dmitry Orlov and Garnet Hathaway was announced last Thursday.

Gavrikov, in the final year of a contract that carries a $2.8 million cap hit, is an unrestricted free agent this summer. Talks between Milstein and the Blue Jackets on a contract extension never gained much traction, with the two sides sitting far apart on the length of a new deal.

So Gavrikov sits, for two weeks as of today. He has continued to practice with the Blue Jackets.

“It’s unfortunate, but that’s what can happen when you go the route he chose to go,” Kekalainen said. “We wanted to sign him (to a contract extension).

“I can’t speak on (Gavrikov’s) behalf. This is part of the business. As I’ve said before, he’s getting compensated handsomely and he’s frustrated about not playing. I understand. But I’m frustrated that we couldn’t sign him.”

The Blue Jackets granted Milstein permission several weeks ago to negotiate a contract extension for Gavrikov with potential trade partners, according to an NHL source. But recently teams have been told by Milstein that Gavrikov will likely test free agency this summer.
The Blue Jackets are also hoping to trade two other UFAs: goaltender Joonas Korpisalo, who’s been on a hot streak the last month or so, and veteran winger Gustav Nyquist, who is out with a shoulder injury but has said he wants to return before the end of the regular season and be available of the playoffs.

Kekalainen said trade interest in Korpisalo has started to increase in recent days. He’s been the Blue Jackets’ best goaltender this season.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Basically anticipating the Riley Nash trade exactly, at this point. 7th rounder, that bumps up to a 6th if he plays in 50+% of the acquiring team's playoff games.

Also, super weird timing for that memo, three days before the deadline.

My guess is that want to emphasize that if you acquire someone and that someone becomes healthy enough to play, you need to play him. You can’t hold him out the last 3 weeks of the season for cap purposes and then activate him for the playoffs. Probably just a threat with no good enforcement mechanism, but they are just putting it out there so if anyone complains later, they can say they made an announcement.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

No CBJ listed so I assume that means we have taken his thoughts about not wanting to come here seriously

Reactions: LJ7

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City

No CBJ listed so I assume that means we have taken his thoughts about not wanting to come here seriously

Not necessarily. Remember, outside of a few whispers the team wasn't in on JG and certain outlets have the jackets in on Chychrun and others didn't. Now, I don't think they should trade for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad