Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Nkunku's a very different player from Kai and Felix. Nkunku is much more shoot-first.

...which was why a double false-9 with him & Olmo worked so well. Olmo's size, skill, and playmaking were a great complement to Nkunku's nose for goal and speed.

He's more of a rich man's Timo.

When Diaby is making good decisions, he's excellent, but his decision-making has been very streaky...especially during Wirtz' absence.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Atm they'll have Silva, Sesko, Poulsen, Werner, Szoboslai, Olmo, Baumgartner, Forsberg, & Clark next season. So depends on how he settles in?
He's a traditional #9, so he'll probably play back up to Werner based on "aura" and "status." Then will probably eventually overtake him depending on how well he would adjust to BuLi.
Supposedly he wants to be a starter wherever he is next year. That won't be the case at Arsenal. He's worth big money now. Smart to sell
The problem is that I think this is another Gbnary case waiting to happen. Sure I see the rumours about Arsenal wanting 40 million, but we don't know if that will happen. Additionally, if we sell him for 40 million, I think he has the potential to be worth 60 million a season or two down the road.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
How many wingers do Arsenal need? Nelson had better numbers in that league.
Yeah I'm not sure I get it. I guess if Nelson leaves for more playing time, Pepe is gone because good riddance, ESR is locked in as an 8 behind or in place of Xhaka, and Marquinhos is loaned again, it would kinda make sense? You'd have the starting line of Martinelli - Jesus - Saka with Diaby - Nketiah - Trossard behind them. Then the midfield depth would involve Partey, Xhaka, Odegaard, Rice, ESR, Vieira, and Jorginho.

The problem is that I think this is another Gbnary case waiting to happen. Sure I see the rumours about Arsenal wanting 40 million, but we don't know if that will happen. Additionally, if we sell him for 40 million, I think he has the potential to be worth 60 million a season or two down the road.
Sure. He also has the chance to not play much and leave on a free.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's a traditional #9, so he'll probably play back up to Werner based on "aura" and "status." Then will probably eventually overtake him depending on how well he would adjust to BuLi.

If he can't play off a striker and starting is imperative to him, then it's even tougher to see the fit. It won't be long until Sesko moves ahead of Silva and Timo once he acclimates to the BuLi. That kid has always impressed when I've checked in on Jaissle's boys.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
If he can't play off a striker and starting is imperative to him, then it's even tougher to see the fit. It won't be long until Sesko moves ahead of Silva and Timo once he acclimates to the BuLi. That kid has always impressed when I've checked in on Jaissle's boys.
Probably won't end up at Leipzig. Milan and some other teams are interested too. Can see him go to Serie A

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Since Nkunku is leaving, I think Balogan would be a good get for RB. Switch Werner as a SS #10 and play Balo as #9.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Since Nkunku is leaving, I think Balogan would be a good get for RB. Switch Werner as a SS #10 and play Balo as #9.

If they're going to spend more than 30M for the first time in their history, why not spend it on someone who would fit next to Sesko?

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Sure. He also has the chance to not play much and leave on a free.
I'm not opposed to selling Balogun, but I think we can get more than 40M for him. His value right now could be the highest it will ever be, and if you can cash in for 50M-60M, that would go a long way to funding transfers for Rice/Caicdeo.

If they can't get that valuation for Balogun, then I wouldn't be opposed to selling Nketiah for 20M-25M and keeping Balogun for the rotational minutes behind Jesus next year. I know he's said he wants to start wherever he's playing next year, but I think he'd still get meaningful minutes with us.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ilkay is reportedly signing with Barca soon.

BILD has reported that LFC have made contact with Gravenberch.

Silva is considering returning to SGE...who are also getting linked to Balogun.

Speaking of, Balogun is the latest unrealistic-Union-link lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I told you they were going to work on sniffing around. I know Bayern might not want to sell, but I think there's a chance the player is interested.

I didn't doubt they'd sniff around, Gravenberch is a tremendous talent, I just doubted that Bayern would entertain offers.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I mean, if LFC are buying one player from Chelsea this summer I hope it’s this guy.

Klopp had his press conference today and it was grim.

Sounds like John Henry talking through Klopp’s lips.

I didn't doubt they'd sniff around, Gravenberch is a tremendous talent, I just doubted that Bayern would entertain offers.
I mean I think it would have been more possible if Naglesmann stayed. Think he gives Tuchel another chance to play him, but either way this is another transfer that I am not so keen on

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I mean, if LFC are buying one player from Chelsea this summer I hope it’s this guy.

Klopp had his press conference today and it was grim.

Sounds like John Henry talking through Klopp’s lips.

I mean I think it would have been more possible if Naglesmann stayed. Think he gives Tuchel another chance to play him, but either way this is another transfer that I am not so keen on

I'd say it's the other way around. Nagelsmann was looking to lead the generation change at FC Hollywood, Tuchel was brought in because he was happy to appease the existing leadership structure.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'd say it's the other way around. Nagelsmann was looking to lead the generation change at FC Hollywood, Tuchel was brought in because he was happy to appease the existing leadership structure.
That’s a good point too. I’m looking it as new manager, new chance but you could be into something.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
An underrated player in the last 5 or so years of City dominance. As Barca signings go this is one I really like for you guys.
He's a fantastic player and smooth on the ball. However, the midfield is crowded unless they want him for DM.

He's a very good player. But he's not cheap, and he's also older.

With all their supposed salary issues, is he really the direction to go?
He'll be on reduced wages, like the other guys they sign from now on.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I guess if not being able to register players, and having to sell off assets at anything they can get for them, while also signing free signings of dudes who are on the back stretch is knowing what they're doing... All the while basically robbing Peter to pay Paul with their finances, welp, can't be better.

They're quite lucky that players want to come play there (though I have a sneaky suspicion there's some financial shenanigan's occurring to facilitate all these players leaving major millions on the table), and that they've lucked into developing a couple more generational talents right when they couldn't afford to buy them. Sure they've done that in the past... but they've also gone stretches without doing that.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I guess if not being able to register players, and having to sell off assets at anything they can get for them, while also signing free signings of dudes who are on the back stretch is knowing what they're doing... All the while basically robbing Peter to pay Paul with their finances, welp, can't be better.

They're quite lucky that players want to come play there (though I have a sneaky suspicion there's some financial shenanigan's occurring to facilitate all these players leaving major millions on the table), and that they've lucked into developing a couple more generational talents right when they couldn't afford to buy them. Sure they've done that in the past... but they've also gone stretches without doing that.
Selling off assets for what ever they can get them lol? This is just not true they made business deals with safety nets. And who were these players they couldnt register exactly? here's a hint none they all were.

Players in the back stretch of their careers... Lewa and in theory Gundogan both of which are still WC players. THe rest is speculative. They build a competitive team all the while drastically reducing the wage bill which is the actual issue. Their well on their way to winning the league so, yeah I'd say they know what their down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad