Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not sure Jude money gets Mac Allister and Caicedo.
It might not but it gets you pretty close in theory. 60-75 each is 120-150 which is basically Jude money but if LFC excuse is they need more than one guy, there you go. And neither will be on Mount (for example) wages. You could be right though; I could certainly see what you are saying being the case

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Not sure I see Leipzig paying that much. That's double what they paid for Timo and almost double what they paid for Sesko.
I agree that I doubt Leipzig pays that much. But Arsenal shouldn't sell Balogun for less. If the tables were turned and we were buying Balogun, we'd be paying 60-70M.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I agree that I doubt Leipzig pays that much. But Arsenal shouldn't sell Balogun for less. If the tables were turned and we were buying Balogun, we'd be paying 60-70M.

Well yeah, you're one of the richest clubs in football. Of course you're going to pay more unless you're selling to one of the few clubs richer than you:dunno:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Not sure Jude money gets Mac Allister and Caicedo.
I don't think they likely want both.

But... I will say, the 130 that's being talked about, plus agent fees / salary / etc, along with the possibility that he might not even move this summer... that amount of cash would go a long way to getting two or three really good players.

I think 55-60 likely for either at least gets Brighton talking.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

But... I will say, the 130 that's being talked about, plus agent fees / salary / etc, along with the possibility that he might not even move this summer... that amount of cash would go a long way to getting two or three really good players.

They’ve been linked with both. We know they need at least two guys. May as well get thee two PL proven players than can obviously play with each other. Brighton probably losing both. Doesn’t make any sense to go in there thinking “let’s only get one” but nothing LFC have done since last June makes sense

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Well yeah, you're one of the richest clubs in football. Of course you're going to pay more unless you're selling to one of the few clubs richer than you:dunno:
Leipzig isn't poor. If another team won't pay what he's worth in this market, then I'd rather we sell Nketiah for ~20M and just keep Balogun for next year. He'd get minutes here next year.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Forgot Redbull doesn't have money :sarcasm:
Leipzig isn't poor. If another team won't pay what he's worth in this market, then I'd rather we sell Nketiah for ~20M and just keep Balogun for next year. He'd get minutes here next year.

Leipzig isn't poor, but they don't have Arsenal money. Their wage bill is more than a third lower than Arsenal's and over the past 5 years, Leipzig has had transfer balances of:

+ 16.5M
+ 6M
+ 19.5M
- 41M
+ 7M
Total: +8M

While Arsenal posted:

- 168M
- 136M
- 67M
- 107M
- 71M
Total: -549M

Not saying Arsenal should sell Balogun for less than 40M, just that they and Leipzig do not have the same kind of money.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Leipzig isn't poor, but they don't have Arsenal money. Their wage bill is more than a third lower than Arsenal's and over the past 5 years, Leipzig has had transfer balances of:

+ 16.5M
+ 6M
+ 19.5M
- 41M
+ 7M

While Arsenal posted:

- 168M
- 136M
- 67M
- 107M
- 71M

Not saying Arsenal should sell Balogun for less than 40M, just that they and Leipzig do not have the same kind of money.
No money, no balgoun. :)

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

+ 16.5M
+ 6M
+ 19.5M
- 41M
+ 7M

While Arsenal posted:

- 168M
- 136M
- 67M
- 107M
- 71M

Obviously I was being cheeky. Leipzig is set up in a way to keep a good balance, but of course at the end of the day that's always been a choice (plus in part I believe the way the German league rules work in general). But who knows, as their ambitions grow and they find themselves within reach of titles, they may find themselves wanting or needing to reevaluate that stance. It's not like the owners wouldn't be able to sink more in if they felt like it (again, I guess somewhat limited by the league rules though?) But like, you look at a team like Liverpool, they have stingy-ass owners and did a good job of building up a team keeping a wage structure and trying to balance money coming in and out. But once they reached the heights they did, they found out that they're just as subject to that premium tax anyhow and it's nigh impossible to keep it up.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The new deal, which will keep the 26-year-old at Stamford Bridge until at least the summer of 2027, was finalised today with Chilwell having this to say:

‘I feel very settled at Chelsea and have really enjoyed my time on the pitch here so I’m very pleased the club want me to be part of the project long-term, and am very happy to sign this extension to my contract.

‘We are working hard for success and I will do my best to bring more smiles to the faces of the fans who have made me feel so welcome.’

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Obviously I was being cheeky. Leipzig is set up in a way to keep a good balance, but of course at the end of the day that's always been a choice (plus in part I believe the way the German league rules work in general). But who knows, as their ambitions grow and they find themselves within reach of titles, they may find themselves wanting or needing to reevaluate that stance. It's not like the owners wouldn't be able to sink more in if they felt like it (again, I guess somewhat limited by the league rules though?) But like, you look at a team like Liverpool, they have stingy-ass owners and did a good job of building up a team keeping a wage structure and trying to balance money coming in and out. But once they reached the heights they did, they found out that they're just as subject to that premium tax anyhow and it's nigh impossible to keep it up.

True. It'll certainly happen if Eberl leads them to ever greater heights. But they're not at that point yet and they still don't have the wealth that an Arsenal does.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

Arsenal offered 60M pounds to start for Caicedo and it was rejected out of hand.

Reactions: maclean

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
So Real Madrid then?

No way - 70 is the conversation starter. Both recently signed new contracts so there will be no rush for Bloom to sell them.
I agree that 70 is likely where it might start.

But if a full 55-60 bid was put in, there would be some agitation from player to get something worked out. I'm not saying it would end there, but... it's at least a ballpark to get rolling into.

They told both players they weren't going as they were midyear. Now, with the summer? It might be a different issue, if a bigger club came with a quality offer.

I of course understand Brighton don't play... but it's not as simple as you're not moving in football.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
But if a full 55-60 bid was put in, there would be some agitation from player to get something worked out.
A 60 bid plus an instagram post did nothing to move the needle with Caicedo.

They told both players they weren't going as they were midyear. Now, with the summer? It might be a different issue, if a bigger club came with a quality offer.
I don't think the only difference will be midyear vs summer. It's going to take a bunch more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad