Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Needs to be emphasized again that size =/= aerial ability. Thiago Silva (listed at 6'0" but most likely more like 5'10") wipes the FLOOR with Koulibaly (6'1"), Christensen (6'2"), Chalobah (6'4"), when it comes to presence in the air. You can be dominant in the air without being tall. At fullback, it's ESPECIALLY less crucial.

Concerns about Lisandro Martinez's height were greatly overstated, and if I'm a ManU fan I'm not losing sleep over a 5'7" fullback.
Our current RBs are 6’0 and basically have the same aerial presence during the game as I have watching on TV.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ok so it’s the same team then. I think they’ve looked less good in the second half of the season after teams have gotten a look at them. And if they go Frimpong they are getting even smaller. It’s a choice. Maybe it hurts them, maybe it doesn’t but again what United are doing is unprecedented. Only they are doing it

During the second half of the season they’ve also been missing 2 of their starting midfielders for a good chunk of games (one via suspension, one via injury), had got rid of their starting striker and had their backup striker injured (as he has been most of the season). All that while playing basically twice a week constantly.

So yea, a dip in defensive stability is fairly expected, regardless of the size of the back line.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I haven't seen either that much but I like Baku better than Frimpong

Depends on which Baku they get cause Frimpong has been in better form this season. I'd agree that Baku's peak is higher & much more well-rounded, but it's been two years since he played at that level for a whole season.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Depends on which Baku they get cause Frimpong has been in better form this season. I'd agree that Baku's peak is higher & much more well-rounded, but it's been two years since he played at that level for a whole season.

Baku's lack of consistent form has certainly been a ridle.

• Haha
Reactions: bluesfan94

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
- Despite rumors linking him to england, Brandt has re-signed with BVB.
- SGE is expected to make Knauff's loan permanent
- Leipzig is being linked to Balogun
- Eduard Spertsyan is being linked to a number of BuLi clubs as the young armenian seeks to move on from Krasnodar.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Leipzig & Villareal join Arsenal & Chelsea in being linked to Baku. I wouldn't mind Arsenal for him I guess, but Leipzig would be ideal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Came here to post that lol
Yeah it may or may not be the right move, but with the time wasted, (and I am putting this very politely), it’s a tough pill to swallow. They torpedoed the midfield waiting for him and they have nothing to show for it

He is going to City.
Hard to blame him. Was never going to happen without UCL. I’m still not counting Utd out btw

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Man City is Real Madrid of the EPL, loves their shiny new toys and there have been a ton of rumours that Bernado and Gundogan are gone this summer. Silva was actually "supposed" to leave last summer.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
City it is.

Does anyone know what Madrid’s plans are with Modric and Kroos next season? And if Ancelotti is leaving who they will target as his replacement? Feel like those variables can swing things

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

They need to give that Jude money to Brighton and get Mac Allister AND Caicedo now. And whatever is leftover to Brighton too for REDACTED. What a mess. This is actually a major shitshow though. They’ve ruined their team over this.

Sums it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad