Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He was a speed demon just one that had little IQ. Alba is tiny and great. There are many who are.
Moreno was also too small for the PL. Alba never left La Liga. You aren’t wrong about last of IQ though.

All I’m saying is with Frimpong Man Utd is basically sacrificing an unprecedented amount of size back there

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Moreno was also too small for the PL. Alba never left La Liga. You aren’t wrong about last of IQ though.

All I’m saying is with Frimpong Man Utd is basically sacrificing an unprecedented amount of size back there
Marcelo, Alves and Lahm are all similar height and would’ve been all time greats anywhere.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
That's just what people say to be nice. It's not everything, but size matters. A backline can't work without some of it somewhere.
It matters if they are not good aerially. Otherwise it don’t matter too much.

Barca played with alba-Masch-pique-Alves won a treble. If you can play you can play.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
It matters if they are not good aerially. Otherwise it don’t matter too much.

Barca played with alba-Masch-pique-Alves won a treble. If you can play you can play.
Weird example given that Pique is 6’4”.

Size is 100% not everything - Thiago Silva is insane in the air at 5’10”, Koulibaly is brutal in the air at 6’1”. But it helps!

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Not sure about the source but a move to liverpool would ultimately lead to Gini 2.0. Stay away from kloppo at all costs.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Marcelo, Alves and Lahm are all similar height and would’ve been all time greats anywhere.
But they weren’t playing on the same backline as each other at the same time

Not sure about the source but a move to liverpool would ultimately lead to Gini 2.0. Stay away from kloppo at all costs.

Tott can have this guy. LFC need Mac Allister

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I mean you said Moreno is too small for the epl.
He was. I’m just saying not a not of UCL level PL teams are running with a backline this small. Lisandro kind of getting found out a bit in the second half of the season; he hasn’t looked as good the second time teams are seeing him. You can’t teach height; yes it’s pedantic but it’s not common. We will see what happens

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He was. I’m just saying not a not of UCL level PL teams are running with a backline this small. Lisandro kind of getting found out a bit in the second half of the season; he hasn’t looked as good the second time teams are seeing him. You can’t teach height; yes it’s pedantic but it’s not common. We will see what happens
Morenos problems weren’t sized related though no?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Maybe I’m misremembering but I feel like he was just a bad defender and kind of a dumb player.
He was, but he was a bad defender because he didn’t have the physical attributes to mark anyone

And some flourish. Moreno was just a dumb dumb hence why he wasn’t successful elsewhere.
Sure, that’s not unfair, but you also aren’t getting Frimpong because of his defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad