Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Fati for 40 is low in today's market, might come back to bite us in the ass. I wouldn't be happy for 40 for Ferran either, and I don't think he has Fati's potential.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Fati for 40 is low in today's market, might come back to bite us in the ass. I wouldn't be happy for 40 for Ferran either, and I don't think he has Fati's potential.
Thats the minimum.... personally for me it should be 50 each. Sneak a buy back clause if Fati somehow recaptures that magic. Win win.

Reactions: luiginb

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
So Real Madrid then?

I agree that 70 is likely where it might start.

But if a full 55-60 bid was put in, there would be some agitation from player to get something worked out. I'm not saying it would end there, but... it's at least a ballpark to get rolling into.

They told both players they weren't going as they were midyear. Now, with the summer? It might be a different issue, if a bigger club came with a quality offer.

I of course understand Brighton don't play... but it's not as simple as you're not moving in football.
We have passion and a reputation... as for honor.... which club in modern football really has some? :laugh:

Reactions: maclean

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hoping Jude goes Madrid solely so LFC can try (in vain) to get Tchouameni and/or Camavinga

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
So Real Madrid then?

I agree that 70 is likely where it might start.

But if a full 55-60 bid was put in, there would be some agitation from player to get something worked out. I'm not saying it would end there, but... it's at least a ballpark to get rolling into.

They told both players they weren't going as they were midyear. Now, with the summer? It might be a different issue, if a bigger club came with a quality offer.

I of course understand Brighton don't play... but it's not as simple as you're not moving in football.
Don't get me wrong, both of these players are moving. Would not be surprised to see both of them in new colours come Sept 1.

Just highlighting that it's going to be a long summer for the teams going in on in them. Brighton has no pressure to sell right now and have proven they won't go below their evaluations. If Bloom asks for 80 million, the other club will have to step up and pay it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
With Kroos and Modric being on their last legs, we would not sell either... and we would be extremely dumb if we did.
Sure but how much longer does Camavinga especially want to ride the bench and/or play left back? Would at least test their resolve with a strong offer.

Camavinga isn’t starting ahead of Bellingham-Tchouameni-Valverde

Yes there will be games but especially if Madrid has a big transfer fee for Bellingham they may want to offset that; they can always get another midfielder after all.

Yes probably wishful thinking but May as well try

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Sure but how much longer does Camavinga especially want to ride the bench and/or play left back? Would at least test their resolve with a strong offer.

Yes there will be games but especially if Madrid has a big transfer fee for Bellingham they may want to offset that; they can always get another midfielder after all.

Camavinga can start at 6, 8 or LB. Valverde can start at RW or 8. Tchouaméni 6 or 8. Bellingham would play the Modric role.

I think you can easily rotate all four, keep them fresh and play all of them in big games if needed. Considering the versatility of Valverde and Camavinga, it is doable. Heck, having Camavinga or Rodrygo as a supersub in a key games is a nice luxury to have.

I honestly do not see it as a problem.

Reactions: Power Man

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

I'm not sure of this. He's so good. In any case, the same applies for any of those 4 players. It could be an issue down the road.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Camavinga can start at 6, 8 or LB. Valverde can start at RW or 8. Tchouaméni 6 or 8. Bellingham would play the Modric role.

I think you can easily rotate all four, keep them fresh and play all of them in big games if needed. Considering the versatility of Valverde and Camavinga, it is doable. Heck, having Camavinga or Rodrygo as a supersub in a key games is a nice luxury to have.

I honestly do not see it as a problem.
I'm not sure of this. He's so good. In any case, the same applies for any of those 4 players. It could be an issue down the road.
I agree. It’s wishful thinking. But they are so good I am at least pushing those buttons

Either way my point is they should be aiming Sky high.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Would Balogun start for Leipzig? If so then a good chance he probably leaves the Arsenal as he's been rumoured out for the past three seasons it feels like.

Arsenal would be very stupid to sell him at this stage, especially considering I think he could've replaced Nketiah last year.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Would Balogun start for Leipzig? If so then a good chance he probably leaves the Arsenal as he's been rumoured out for the past three seasons it feels like.

Arsenal would be very stupid to sell him at this stage, especially considering I think he could've replaced Nketiah last year.
Supposedly he wants to be a starter wherever he is next year. That won't be the case at Arsenal. He's worth big money now. Smart to sell

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Atm they'll have Silva, Sesko, Poulsen, Werner, Szoboslai, Olmo, Baumgartner, Forsberg, & Clark next season. So depends on how he settles in?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gladbach's leadership is acknowledging that Stindl, Bensebaini, & Thuram will be leaving the club this summer. Stindl is heading back to Karslruhe, while Bensebaini is heading to BorussiaInc.

Thuram's destination is still up in the air, though he's been most closely linked to Inter...with Barca, Chelsea, & Bayern also having been mentioned in connection with the out-of-contract striker.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Gladbach's leadership is acknowledging that Stindl, Bensebaini, & Thuram will be leaving the club this summer. Stindl is heading back to Karslruhe, while Bensebaini is heading to BorussiaInc.

Thuram's destination is still up in the air, though he's been most closely linked to Inter...with Barca, Chelsea, & Bayern also having been mentioned in connection with the out-of-contract striker.
Gonna miss Stindl. He’s been a good servant.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gonna miss Stindl. He’s been a good servant.

Yeah, Gladbach is definitely entering a new era both on & off the pitch, but it was getting to that point in his career.

At least he can still be a key figure for his home club for a few more seasons, and maybe even help them actually threaten for promotion...as their academy regularly puts out professional talents.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The next manager better be empowered to reject Felix. There is no point in having both Nkunku and Felix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad