Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Definitely fishy. Although Ferguson will prove to be a good singing where ever he ends up going. My guess (and hope) is we are a couple of years away from sale.
Probably better for him Brighton and the team in question to wait a bit he's barely played. I just dont see barca in on him considering their going to blow their load on some Brazilian talent.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
The poachers continue to try and poach:

I had to look up if an Irishman ever played for Barca for poops and giggles. Turns out the great Patrick O'Connell did between 1935-40.

I gave it a go back in 90's but fat Al Secord was no match for fat Ronaldo.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Rumors of Kovacic and Mount being of interest to Tuchel.

Mount one seems like an easy rumor, but the Kovacic one seems like the better fit.

Hasn’t really been much about whether or not Kova plans to extend this summer, but he too is expiring in 2024.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I wonder if the idea is to put Gundogan as a DM? If yes then Id take it. If not I dont see why he's brought in?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Mount one seems like an easy rumor, but the Kovacic one seems like the better fit.

Hasn’t really been much about whether or not Kova plans to extend this summer, but he too is expiring in 2024.

Not sure Kovacic is too much of a fit given Bayern will be adding Laimer to Kimmich, Goretzka, and Gravenberch, this summer.

Last edited:

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland

Rumors are City wants Kovacic as well. Not sure if Kovacic wants to stay at Chelsea. There were contract talks before the world cup but none since.

Reactions: Peen

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Not sure Kovacic is too much of a fit given Bayern are adding Sabitzer to Kimmich, Goretzka, and Gravenberch.
In short, if Kovacic is on form (and seems back on form now), there are very few players that would push him out of any starting 11 in the world.
If he goes to City or Bayern, assuming he's injury-free, I assume he'd start for both teams.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

I wonder if the idea is to put Gundogan as a DM? If yes then Id take it. If not I dont see why he's brought in?

This makes sense, there was too much smoke about both.

This clause though, I don't like one bit that they're signing contracts fearing they might not register them.

Also, it is way too much people in the MF. Kessie and/or busquets have to be goners?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
In short, if Kovacic is on form (and seems back on form now), there are very few players that would push him out of any starting 11 in the world.
If he goes to City or Bayern, assuming he's injury-free, I assume he'd start for both teams.

Not arguing whether he'd start or not, just whether Bayern is likely to pursue him...as he doesn't push Kimmich out of the starting 11, he's not the defender Laimer is, or the threat in the final third that Goretzka is, and given how much they love Gravenberch, I doubt they'd want to put Kovacic in his way as well.

Last edited:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not sure Kovacic is too much of a fit given Bayern are adding Sabitzer to Kimmich, Goretzka, and Gravenberch.
I think there’s a decent chance United try to buy Sabitzer. He’s been pretty open about enjoying his time here.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think there’s a decent chance United try to buy Sabitzer. He’s been pretty open about enjoying his time here.

Whoops lol, I definitely meant Marcel Sabitzer's NT colleague, Konrad Laimer, who will be joining Bayern from Leipzig this summer :laugh:

Laimer will get some PT at RB/RWB, but he's primarily being brought in as a 6; giving them a defensive option next to Kimmich (Laimer), an offensive option (Goretzka/Musiala), and a more balanced option that they are grooming for the future (Gravenberch).

I'm a kovacic fan and my ego loves seeing him get love...he's one of the players I hyped a lot when he was first breaking through...so I'm not trying to undersell him and claim he wouldn't get real PT from FCB.

Just that they have little need for him unless Kimmich actually leaves, and they're likely to be frugal this summer so they're in a strong position to win the race for Wirtz next summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Abusement Park

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
The only problem with that train of thought is Laimer sucks and is nowhere near starter quality for a team like Bayern.
Whoops lol, I definitely meant Marcel Sabitzer's NT colleague, Konrad Laimer, who will be joining Bayern from Leipzig this summer :laugh:

Laimer will get some PT at RB/RWB, but he's primarily being brought in as a 6; giving them a defensive option next to Kimmich (Laimer), an offensive option (Goretzka/Musiala), and a more balanced option that they are grooming for the future (Gravenberch).

I'm a kovacic fan and my ego loves seeing him get love...he's one of the players I hyped a lot when he was first breaking through...so I'm not trying to undersell him and claim he wouldn't get real PT from FCB.

Just that they have little need for him unless Kimmich actually leaves, and they're likely to be frugal this summer so they're in a strong position to win the race for Wirtz next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad