Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He supposedly had an offer to play with Newcastle in the League Cup final when they were stuck without a goalie but passed. Amazing the power of a worldwide documentary (and ‘coming home’ too).

Actually now that I looked it up the Newcastle offer was back in September, so it wasn’t obvious then he’d get to play in the Cup, but still it’s a coup for a non league team to get an experienced PL goalie when the need came
Yeah the Newcastle offer was for the full season, I believe he had a couple of offers from Premier League teams.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Inigo, Lautaro and Foyth hopefully as subs, don't think either has the quality to start for us. But they'd be very good bench options.
Lautaro? He wouldnt come as a sub and barca are in on him. Inigo Martinez is who i meant.

He would be a sub obviously as Christensen, Kounde and Aruajo the goat are ahead of him. He is a great 4th choice CB. Foyth would start he's one of the better RB in the league and a clear upgrade on what we have. He's not Molina good but he's a good one. That position is scarce anyway.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
If we're going to play a RB with mediocre offensive skills I'd rather play Kounde/Araujo there, and the other one in the center with Christensen. I guess if Inigo comes Eric is gone, right?

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If we're going to play a RB with mediocre offensive skills I'd rather play Kounde/Araujo there, and the other one in the center with Christensen. I guess if Inigo comes Eric is gone, right?
He's way more of an offensive threat than any of our RB. Yeah Eric is a goner IMO just doesnt have it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Now this is 100% my speculation, but I will no longer be shocked if Kimmich leaves Bayern while still in his prime.

He might have been Nagelsmann's biggest fan in Bavaria and some of the feathers that JN most ruffled had to do with transitioning the leadership to Kimmich's generation. So with Joshua's...let's call it "prickly" personality, I can easily see this being the start of a splintering between him and Bayern brass.

Again, this is just me guessing, not any inside info I've heard or anything I've read...but I'll take Kimmich rumors a little more seriously now.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Now this is 100% my speculation, but I will no longer be shocked if Kimmich leaves Bayern while still in his prime.

He might have been Nagelsmann's biggest fan in Bavaria and with his...let's call it "prickly" personality, I can easily see this being the start of a splintering between him and Bayern brass.

Again, this is just me guessing, not any inside info I've heard or anything I've read...but I'll take Kimmich rumors a little more seriously now.
Arsenal could use a Xhaka upgrade and/or Partey replacement

Reactions: cgf

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Lautaro? He wouldnt come as a sub and barca are in on him. Inigo Martinez is who i meant.

He would be a sub obviously as Christensen, Kounde and Aruajo the goat are ahead of him. He is a great 4th choice CB. Foyth would start he's one of the better RB in the league and a clear upgrade on what we have. He's not Molina good but he's a good one. That position is scarce anyway.
Foyth is ok but I would go for Girona kid. Looks very good, and room to grow. Also cheaper

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Kimmich would be a great add. Always liked him from a far.

Would probably prefer Rice, I think the firs the mf perfectly. Arsenal may need both for next years quadruple bid....

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Bild and BZ are speculating that we're pursuing Victor Boniface after he shot us out of the EL. I don't know if his performances against us were representative of his overall quality. So hopefully @Savi can share some insight, cause against us he looked like a blend of Taiwo and Becker :laugh:

Well he's been streaky this season but when he's on, he looks unstoppable at times. I think he would be an excellent addition for most BL sides.

Reactions: cgf

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Gundogan linked to Barça on a free

Ingo Martinez locked up too.

Its shaping up to be

Roque
Gundogan
Martinez
Messi
and a RB Foyth the most linked. Crazy to me they dont go after one of Molina or the Girona kid.

But this would be a very good window and cheap. 3 free transfers. They wouldnt need to be spending more than 60 million on fees.

Inigo, Lautaro and Foyth hopefully as subs, don't think either has the quality to start for us. But they'd be very good bench options.

Foyth is ok but I would go for Girona kid. Looks very good, and room to grow. Also cheaper

Not sure where some of you think this money is coming from, but not sure what they’re going to do with the wage bill issue. And I have zero interest in Gundogan who would command a big wage and isn’t even necessary. Wouldn’t touch Lautaro Martinez with a ten foot pole either.

Ideally Busquets get a new contract that is really cheap and Alba agrees a drastic pay cut. Then we have to get rid of Garcia, the players on loan and a couple of guys we wouldn’t even want to lose.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Not sure where some of you think this money is coming from, but not sure what they’re going to do with the wage bill issue. And I have zero interest in Gundogan who would command a big wage and isn’t even necessary. Wouldn’t touch Lautaro Martinez with a ten foot pole either.

Ideally Busquets get a new contract that is really cheap and Alba agrees a drastic pay cut. Then we have to get rid of Garcia, the players on loan and a couple of guys we wouldn’t even want to lose.

I think they might be looking into selling Ansu/Ferran

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Ingo Martinez locked up too.

Its shaping up to be

Roque
Gundogan
Martinez
Messi
and a RB Foyth the most linked. Crazy to me they dont go after one of Molina or the Girona kid.

But this would be a very good window and cheap. 3 free transfers. They wouldnt need to be spending more than 60 million on fees.
Thought I read somewhere that you guys had an agreement with Ndicka, but I might be wrong.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The Barca stuff is much more recent for Ndicka.

But Arsenal are reportedly discussing Baku & Frimpong.

While Freiburg & Leverkusen are working on Becir Omeragic.
Yeah, I think once we signed Kiwior the links slowed down, which makes sense. Kinda surprised we're looking at right backs of that caliber. It would make sense right now given that Tomiyasu is injured, but we're set there otherwise, and we have a highly thought of youngster coming up in Reuell Walters. But Tomi is hurt a lot, so I guess I can understand it. I think it's more likely we look for a left back and Tierney leaves for first team football, which sucks, but I understand

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Lautaro is linked with barca, Luigi just confused I inigo Martinez with Lautaro.

I trust Alemany. With 80 million already off the books, pique/Greizzman. Busi and Alba reduced wages they’ll be in better position. Messi too should play ball and be on reduced wages. He’s going to get probably the fatest contract of his career once he retires from Europe.

Sell Dest, 2 forwards, garcia, etc to raise more $

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think they might be looking into selling Ansu/Ferran

Yeah, that’s the rumor. Still, does that leave us money to spend? Reports out there saying we need to reduce the wage bill by 200 million. So I don’t see how selling either of those two helps us get say Gundogan, who isn’t even necessary. Or take Inigo Martinez. Why are we signing him? Did they renew Alonso? Garcia is still there too. Makes no sense.

They need to really look at cantera and the players there. Some might not be ready just yet, but in a couple of years kids like Garrido should be getting a shot. And it’d be nice to see some of the kids get some shots if we can secure the league early enough.

The Barca stuff is much more recent for Ndicka.

But Arsenal are reportedly discussing Baku & Frimpong.

While Freiburg & Leverkusen are working on Becir Omeragic.

We’ve been linked with N’dicka for some time. If the Martinez rumors are true I doubt we’ll be in for him.

Lautaro is linked with barca, Luigi just confused I inigo Martinez with Lautaro.

I trust Alemany. With 80 million already off the books, pique/Greizzman. Busi and Alba reduced wages they’ll be in better position. Messi too should play ball and be on reduced wages. He’s going to get probably the fatest contract of his career once he retires from Europe.

Sell Dest, 2 forwards, garcia, etc to raise more $

See above about Inigo Martinez. Completely unecessary.

Again, see above. I’m see 200 off the wage bill. Do the math. That’s A LOT.

Yeah, plenty to get rid of. I agree with that. Still, not sure what we can bring in.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
And I’ve not seen enough of him to say what I think conclusively (waaaaaay too many U21 CBs out there that I either have or have earmarked for my keeper team), but what about Chadi Riad? Why do we need Inigo Martinez? Why not give him a shot?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Well, Christensen and Araújo are quite injury prone. It makes sense we want somebody else in CB. Iñigo would come on a free too. He's a good CB, but I get what you mean.

I guess if you get Iñigo it means the end for Jordi Alba, that way you also enable Marcos to be the LB back up

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Well, Christensen and Araújo are quite injury prone. It makes sense we want somebody else in CB. Iñigo would come on a free too. He's a good CB, but I get what you mean.

I guess if you get Iñigo it means the end for Jordi Alba, that way you also enable Marcos to be the LB back up

Araujo for sure, but Christensen isn’t that bad. I still don’t see the room though. I guess if we’re not going to get a RB then we’d need the depth, but I’d rather get Arnau Martinez who’d surely be on less wages than Inigo Martinez. Anyway, I see the budget move, but still think it’s unnecessary.

I hope Alba agrees a lower wage and stays. I’ve heard really good things about how he’s transitioned into a rotational role and I think he has plenty to offer on the pitch.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, that’s the rumor. Still, does that leave us money to spend? Reports out there saying we need to reduce the wage bill by 200 million. So I don’t see how selling either of those two helps us get say Gundogan, who isn’t even necessary. Or take Inigo Martinez. Why are we signing him? Did they renew Alonso? Garcia is still there too. Makes no sense.

They need to really look at cantera and the players there. Some might not be ready just yet, but in a couple of years kids like Garrido should be getting a shot. And it’d be nice to see some of the kids get some shots if we can secure the league early enough.

We’ve been linked with N’dicka for some time. If the Martinez rumors are true I doubt we’ll be in for him.

See above about Inigo Martinez. Completely unecessary.

Again, see above. I’m see 200 off the wage bill. Do the math. That’s A LOT.

Yeah, plenty to get rid of. I agree with that. Still, not sure what we can bring in.

Inigo Martinez' isn't my first choice but serves a purpose. Id sell Alonso keep Alba and get inigo.

Araujo for sure, but Christensen isn’t that bad. I still don’t see the room though. I guess if we’re not going to get a RB then we’d need the depth, but I’d rather get Arnau Martinez who’d surely be on less wages than Inigo Martinez. Anyway, I see the budget move, but still think it’s unnecessary.

I hope Alba agrees a lower wage and stays. I’ve heard really good things about how he’s transitioned into a rotational role and I think he has plenty to offer on the pitch.
He would be a real coup

Some people actually pay for this trash.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Inigo Martinez' isn't my first choice but serves a purpose. Id sell Alonso keep Alba and get inigo.

He would be a real coup

Some people actually pay for this trash.

Who is buying Alonso though? I don’t recall if we renewed him or not, hopefully not so we could just dump him. Anyway, there are other options. I’d rather gave Riad a shot and spend any Martinez money on any number of young CBs. Gasiorowski of Valencia for example.

LOL, they do indeed. Watch Gavi for one match and tell me he wants to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad