Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If Liverpool are going to miss Jude, give me two or three of Veiga, Gravenberch, hell, even Tielemans on a free is worth a kick, and I'm sure there are a few other names I'm not thinking of.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Liverpool are going to miss Jude, give me two or three of Veiga, Gravenberch, hell, even Tielemans on a free is worth a kick, and I'm sure there are a few other names I'm not thinking of.
1679487283520.gif

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Veiga is only going to go for the release clause (40M€). Newcastle likely triggers it. Madrid also linked
He’s very very talented. Newcastle would be a good spot for him. Obviously Madrid too. Celta is a pretty fun team with him in it shame it’ll get broken up

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Veiga is only going to go for the release clause (40M€). Newcastle likely triggers it. Madrid also linked
I get that. There's a que of clubs who likely will be interested at that price. They'd be stupid if not. I've seen City linked. I've also seen Newcastle linked to 8 other guys, because that's what will sell British papers.
Bayern has said that Gravenberch is unsellable.
I get that. He also seems to be unplayable for Bayern right now too. So, who knows how much some agitation and a solid bid might start the talking.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I don't agree about Tielemans (even though he's good enough to be a sub in midfield for you guys), but Veiga (8/10) and Gravenberg (6/8) are well on their way to be starter quality for Livepool. Veiga came out of nowhere this year, but he's been REALLY good.
I’m not into the Gravenberch idea at all. They are circling back on an old target. Gravenberch was always a raw player and he hasn’t gotten enough minutes for his development. Think that would be very risky. I like Veiga but I am not sure about him being athletic enough for PL and this is another raw guy who is going to need a ton of minutes. If we have to sign a guy like that because they missed on Jude, it’s going to end very poorly. Titlemen’s is an upgrade because everyone would be an upgrade but there’s a reason no one wants him

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
My thing with Tielemans is there's a decent / good player in there, and the price is definitely right with the budget. I've seen Newcastle linked (just like with everyone else). If he's got the fitness (and when in form, he does), he could put in a good shift for the club. They need guys who can run, and put in a shift. He also has a bit more experience, to where I would not feel uncomfortable with him starting high profile matches.

Saying that, I will then say, I've seen the Ruben Neves link, though I don't know if that fits the pace / industry they're looking for, but for a cheaper price, I would not say no.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I get that. There's a que of clubs who likely will be interested at that price. They'd be stupid if not. I've seen City linked. I've also seen Newcastle linked to 8 other guys, because that's what will sell British papers.

I get that. He also seems to be unplayable for Bayern right now too. So, who knows how much some agitation and a solid bid might start the talking.

That came out recently in response to the rumors from England about LFC's interest. According to the reporting, Bayern are thrilled with Gravenberch and even if he takes the whole season to settle in, they have big plans for him moving forward.

So I can't realistically see them selling him this summer, and he'd need to regress next season for them to seriously consider selling him next summer.

...and unplayable is an overstatement. He hasn't started outside of the CL, but (when fit) he's been a regular sub.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That came out recently in response to the rumors from England about LFC's interest. According to the reporting, Bayern are thrilled with Gravenberch and even if he takes the whole season to settle in, they have big plans for him moving forward.

So I can't realistically see them selling him this summer, and he'd need to regress next season for them to seriously consider selling him next summer.

...and unplayable is an overstatement. He hasn't started outside of the CL, but (when fit) he's been a regular sub.
So the rumor came from Jose Enrique who is a former LB for Liverpool and now in his post player career he is a FSGOUT twitch streamer/podcaster/Twitter head because he has nothing better to do.

He was on one of his “shows” and said Gravenberch to LFC was done; and that he knew because they have the same agent. So there is a HEFTY grain of salt here

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So the rumor came from Jose Enrique who is a former LB for Liverpool and know in his post player career he is a FSGOUT twitch streamer/podcaster/Twitter head because he has nothing better to do.

He was on one of his “shows” and said Gravenberch to LFC was done; and that he knew because they have the same agent. So there is a HEFTY grain of salt here

Yeah, I wouldn't put anything into that. The way Bayern came out to shut down any rumors about Gravenberch was really clear...and it's not like there's been any internal grumbling about Gravenberch like there was with Sabitzer last year.

From all the german reporting, they love him and think he has a huge future at the club.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I was going to say, who are city going to sign in midfield to replace their aging center, read:

Manchester City are growing confident they can land England's Jude Bellingham, 19, in the summer, but Real Madrid remain in the race for the Borussia Dortmund midfielder. (ESPN)

Liverpool are not willing to pay the fee demanded by Dortmund for Bellingham so will switch their attention to Wolves' Portugal midfielder Matheus Nunes, 24, instead. (Fichajes - in Spanish)

Whats the fee?

Liverpool may move for Bayern Munich's 20-year-old Netherlands midfielder Ryan Gravenberch if they miss out on top target Jude Bellingham, 19, of Borussia Dortmund. (The Athletic - subscription)

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Musiala, Gravenberch, & Coman were singled out as definitely in Bayern's plans.

Für Ryan Gravenberch (20) können sich interessierte Klubs Anfragen sparen. Der Holländer gilt weiter als Investition in die Zukunft – und damit als unverkäuflich.

"Clubs interested in Ryan Gravenberch can spare themselves the trouble of asking. The dutchman is viewed as an investment in the future and so unsellable."

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Oh, I'm sure they want to keep him. I don't believe all the internet rumblings. If anything, it might the agent talk for, play my guy a bit more, or he might be willing to look elsewhere.

But, there's a difference between we want the guy, and Liverpool deciding to lodge a hefty bid.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Don't underestimate EPL-proven players like Tielemans, Arsenal could've gotten into awful problems if Chelsea seriously did not grab Mudryk from us, forcing Arsenal to go in for Trossard. Hindsight bias plays a part no doubt and there is a good chance that Mudryk is going to be the way better player down the line, but your core needs players now and he would be a good get.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He’s very very talented. Newcastle would be a good spot for him. Obviously Madrid too. Celta is a pretty fun team with him in it shame it’ll get broken up

A move to Madrid would be awful for him. He should go where he’s going to get minutes.

Celta have some solid players, but doubt the other stars leave. Aspas is too old and if Galan hasn’t left yet not sure he’ll go either. Both are well underrated outside of La Liga though and in my experience within some La Liga circles.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh, I'm sure they want to keep him. I don't believe all the internet rumblings. If anything, it might the agent talk for, play my guy a bit more, or he might be willing to look elsewhere.

But, there's a difference between we want the guy, and Liverpool deciding to lodge a hefty bid.

Usually, but that article also talks about how other Bayern stars like Gnabry & Sane could be available for a hefty bid; separating Musiala, Coman, and Gravenberch as players whom they will reject any offers for.

Sure if LFC offered them Bellingham money for him, Bayern could reconsider...but nobody's going to offer them that kind of money for Gravenberch this summer.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Ferguson being linked with basically every big-6 club.

Mitoma being linked with United, doesn't look serious at the moment.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Yeah, we need to invest in fullbacks and a striker. Midfield is okay.

That being said, if we can get Bellingham for a "reasonable" price, I would not be opposed to it. His offense would help replace Modric's. No one is Luka, but still.
RM need to get ready to use a different setup. These young guys are fantastic, and potentially Bellingham as well - but they can't replace Kroos and Modric. The calmness, vision, passing, etc... Those two are a different breed.
BUT... If they set up a system where they can exploit their mobility and speed, running into empty space, Bellingham and Valverde joining the attack, Camavinga and Tchoumeni dominating midfield... They need to do that.

What made RM such a juggernaut over the last 10 years was a midfield that couldn't really be pressed and would transition the ball perfectly from defense to offense - but was reliant on forward and fullbacks to finish the job (less so now with fullbacks being notMarcelo, Ghost of Carvajal, injuredMendy, etc.)

With these kids in there, they can afford to maybe carry a more defensive fullback on one side, cheat to one side (sort of like Bayern vs PSG, turns into a 3 ATB defensively, etc.)...

Buf if they try and copy their current system with notKroos and notModric, it's not gonna work.

Really depends on their next manager, he doesn't only need adjust to the life after Kroos and Modric, but change the system IMO.

Oh, and they still need at least on fullback and striker/forward.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I was going to say, who are city going to sign in midfield to replace their aging center, read:

Manchester City are growing confident they can land England's Jude Bellingham, 19, in the summer, but Real Madrid remain in the race for the Borussia Dortmund midfielder. (ESPN)

That article didn't tell us anything we haven't known or couldn't have intuited by ourselves, but here are the two most relevant questions, with the context that Jude and his family clearly have their heads on straight and are thinking long-term.

1. Why would he go to a club with 101 violations hanging over its head, with more almost surely to follow?

2. Why would he go to a club which already has Camavinga, Tchou Tchou and Valverde in the midfield?

Liverpool has shat down its leg with some of the contract extensions (Ox, Keita, etc.) exacerbating their lack of transfer activity with the midfield, but the guys running the club aren't stupid. Everyone has known that his fee would get to this range - we wouldn't have put this much legwork into the signing if we weren't able to find the money.

It may not happen, but nothing has changed from the underlying situation all parties have been in all season, and that article doesn't prove otherwise. The one exception is our floundering form and difficulty in getting top four, but Jude's camp has said all along that lack of CL qualification isn't a deal breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad