Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I also believe that Man City violation of EPL rules will affect their attraction power at least in the short term. Obviously if they clear themselves from them they should be favourite.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Why would he go to City? And why would they with all the investigations? Because they don't give a shit.

They know they're above the law. That court case won't change one iota.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Why would he go to City? And why would they with all the investigations? Because they don't give a shit.

They know they're above the law.
They are above the law the problem is convincing Jude that they are truly above it and not at risk of getting sanctioned. It it a tough sales pitch for one of the most prized player. They succeeded with Haaland maybe they can redo it with Jude...

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Giant sack of money makes it not really a problem.

As for Jude going there, I don't think money is the end all. But playing with KdB, Pep, Haaland et al are desirable.

Sure... they could be sanctioned. and have it mean something. But I could also hit the powerball.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That article didn't tell us anything we haven't known or couldn't have intuited by ourselves, but here are the two most relevant questions, with the context that Jude and his family clearly have their heads on straight and are thinking long-term.

1. Why would he go to a club with 101 violations hanging over its head, with more almost surely to follow?

2. Why would he go to a club which already has Camavinga, Tchou Tchou and Valverde in the midfield?

Liverpool has shat down its leg with some of the contract extensions (Ox, Keita, etc.) exacerbating their lack of transfer activity with the midfield, but the guys running the club aren't stupid. Everyone has known that his fee would get to this range - we wouldn't have put this much legwork into the signing if we weren't able to find the money.

It may not happen, but nothing has changed from the underlying situation all parties have been in all season, and that article doesn't prove otherwise. The one exception is our floundering form and difficulty in getting top four, but Jude's camp has said all along that lack of CL qualification isn't a deal breaker.

1. Pep & Erling could sell Jude on being de Bruyne's successor for the next decade of EPL dominance even if they have to go a window or two without any big signings.

2. Jude is better than Valverde/Ceballos and doesn't occupy the same areas as Cama/Tchou; their presence is only a positive because they would complement him well by ensuring he has the freedom to charge forward and be one of Real's central creative hubs.

Not saying LFC isn't one of the favorites for him, just that Real and City are very much in the mix for him too.

They are above the law the problem is convincing Jude that they are truly above it and not at risk of getting sanctioned. It it a tough sales pitch for one of the most prized player. They succeeded with Haaland maybe they can redo it with Jude...

What's the worse that could happen, they have to sit tight for a window or two? However could they convince Jude to join a team that only has Haaland, KdB, Foden, etc. and has to wait a whole year before they can add any more superstars.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
what’s the worst punishment they get? 12 point fine? Pay some money? Transfer window ban (after signing players now?) maybe they have to miss a season of Europe. They won’t send them to the Championship.

He’s 19. None of those things are prohibitive to his signing if he decides the project at City is the one he wants. Playing for Pep and with the players there is a massive attraction for any player. The question is more what does he want to do. I don’t think we know. All of the offers have some pluses.

Reactions: cgf

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
1. Pep & Erling could sell Jude on being de Bruyne's successor for the next decade of EPL dominance even if they have to go a window or two without any big signings.

2. Jude is better than Valverde/Ceballos and doesn't occupy the same areas as Cama/Tchou; their presence is only a positive because they would complement him well by ensuring he has the freedom to charge forward and be one of Real's central creative hubs.

Not saying LFC isn't one of the favorites for him, just that Real and City are very much in the mix for him too.

What's the worse that could happen, they have to sit tight for a window or two? However could they convince Jude to join a team that only has Haaland, KdB, Foden, etc. and has to wait a whole year before they can add any more superstars.
Demotion, banned from european competition and points deducted.

But yes he could also don't give a damn, ask for the most money possible and play for City

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Demotion, banned from european competition and points deducted.

But yes he could also don't give a damn, ask for the most money possible and play for City

As much as them being demoted would be hilarious, I can’t fathom that the PL would have the stones to do it and if there are hints of it you’ll suddenly see absolute truckloads of Abu Dhabi cash get thrown around to prevent it similar to how they got out of the UEFA charges.

Points deduction may cost them continental competitions for a year, but I can’t imagine that would cause enough of an exodus of players to imperil their top 4 chances after that.

UEFA already tried to ban them from continental competitions for basically this exact same thing and Abu Dhabi was able to throw enough bribes at CAS to get it overturned so I can’t imagine they try again.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
As much as them being demoted would be hilarious, I can’t fathom that the PL would have the stones to do it and if there are hints of it you’ll suddenly see absolute truckloads of Abu Dhabi cash get thrown around to prevent it similar to how they got out of the UEFA charges.

Points deduction may cost them continental competitions for a year, but I can’t imagine that would cause enough of an exodus of players to imperil their top 4 chances after that.

UEFA already tried to ban them from continental competitions for basically this exact same thing and Abu Dhabi was able to throw enough bribes at CAS to get it overturned so I can’t imagine they try again.
Believe me I don't think Man City will have to face any of these consequences. I am just listing what they could face.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
City is a prime destination for Jude, and frankly, any top player that will move this summer. You'd already see players looking to bail out if they thought there was any chance something legitimate would take place. Shit Pep himself would have already resigned if he thought there was ANY inkling he would see more than a slap on the wrist.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He's also not available this summer, thus why Bayern isn't wasting their time with him yet.
I know LFC going to say they like him then watch him sign somewhere else because they didn’t think there would be a bidding war I guess

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Gundogan linked to Barça on a free
Ingo Martinez locked up too.

Its shaping up to be

Roque
Gundogan
Martinez
Messi
and a RB Foyth the most linked. Crazy to me they dont go after one of Molina or the Girona kid.

But this would be a very good window and cheap. 3 free transfers. They wouldnt need to be spending more than 60 million on fees.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Ben Foster coming out of retirement to play for......Wrexham.
He supposedly had an offer to play with Newcastle in the League Cup final when they were stuck without a goalie but passed. Amazing the power of a worldwide documentary (and ‘coming home’ too).

Actually now that I looked it up the Newcastle offer was back in September, so it wasn’t obvious then he’d get to play in the Cup, but still it’s a coup for a non league team to get an experienced PL goalie when the need came

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Ingo Martinez locked up too.

Its shaping up to be

Roque
Gundogan
Martinez
Messi
and a RB Foyth the most linked. Crazy to me they dont go after one of Molina or the Girona kid.

But this would be a very good window and cheap. 3 free transfers. They wouldnt need to be spending more than 60 million on fees.
Inigo, Lautaro and Foyth hopefully as subs, don't think either has the quality to start for us. But they'd be very good bench options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad