Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I think a manager astute enough tactically, along with some injury luck, would be worth the gamble for Wirtz. But the price will be prohibitive for many sides. Unless it's an oil club, if it doesn't work, it's going to sting.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think a manager astute enough tactically, along with some injury luck, would be worth the gamble for Wirtz. But the price will be prohibitive for many sides. Unless it's an oil club, if it doesn't work, it's going to sting.

What elite player is this not true of? Only the giants can afford world-class talents once they've already broken out.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Chelsea ruins everything *shrug*...it's worked out fine for KdB, Musiala, Pedri, Saka, Foden, Gavi, Vini, Kvara, Nkunku, etc.

Do you have 4 world-class attackers? If not then Wirtz's spot isn't occupied.
Not sure I understand some of those players being thier. Kvara, saka, Pedri, Vini,and Gavi are hardly 10s

Foden either.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not sure I understand some of those players being thier. Kvara, saka, Pedri, Vini,and Gavi are hardly 10s

Foden either.

I was reaching with Vini & Nkunku because their skillsets are quite different from the others...but all of them can thrive in multiple spots and so don't have a definitive position, just like Wirtz.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Wasn't Ahmedhodzic supposed to break the record? We'll see if it come true this time. Shouldn't go to a club like Bournemouth anyway.
Yes, but he had a down season with us so the price went down. He done great with Sheffield United who is probaly gonna make it to PL.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Camavinga, Tchouameni, Ceballos (which seemed to be better than the first two this year), Valverde.
All good trading chips excluding Valverde which they should keep. None are close to the level of Bellingham.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
All good trading chips excluding Valverde which they should keep. None are close to the level of Bellingham.

Camavinga & Tchouameni don't really play in the same areas as Bellingham. Sure we could technically label them all 8s, but they really don't overlap much.

Bellingham is much more of an 8/10 who needs to be free to rampage forward, if you ask him to stay in the deeper areas that those french mids occupy you will waste him.

Reactions: luiginb

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Camavinga & Tchouameni don't really play in the same areas as Bellingham. Sure we could technically label them all 8s, but they really don't overlap much.

Bellingham is much more of an 8/10 who needs to be free to rampage forward, if you ask him to stay in the deeper areas that those french mids occupy you will waste him.
It's obvious that Bellingham is a level above and Real Madrid is not the type of club that is known to not go after the very best players at their position.

Bellingham would most likely replace Toni Kroos or Luka Modric for them. If they need extra fund they could sell Camavinga (most likely).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's obvious that Bellingham is a level above and Real Madrid is not the type of club that is known to not go after the very best players at their position.

Bellingham would most likely replace Toni Kroos or Luka Modric for them. If they need extra fund they could sell Camavinga (most likely).
No, it's obvious to some EPL english-centered FIFA fans.
Cama and Tchou are vastly superior defensively. Bellingham offensively.

(Un)fortunately, Real is much smarter than that.

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bild and BZ are speculating that we're pursuing Victor Boniface after he shot us out of the EL. I don't know if his performances against us were representative of his overall quality. So hopefully @Savi can share some insight, cause against us he looked like a blend of Taiwo and Becker :laugh:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
No, it's obvious to some EPL english-centered FIFA fans.
Cama and Tchou are vastly superior defensively. Bellingham offensively.

(Un)fortunately, Real is much smarter than that.
I beg to differ. If Jude was French you would say the opposite quite clearly. Jude is arguably the best player at Dortmund and in the Bundesliga right now and they are currently positioned to win the league. He is not just hype.

How can rating Jude be considered EPL centered fan when the player is dominating in the bundesliga? How does it make sense?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

You're comparing apples to oranges. Bellingham would be worse in Cama or Tchou's role, just like they would be worse in his.

I agree that Bellingham would be a great replacement for Modric and an upgrade over Valverde & Ceballos.

I'm just pointing out that those young french 6s should have no impact on their need for Jude.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No I wouldn't.
Cama just dominated Liverpool recently, Tchouameni right before his injury was making outside foot assists for fun. And they're both vastly superior defensively.
I never said Bellingham is just hype. However, saying he's "obviously a level above" the other two who can easily be considered as the best 2 6/8 young midfielders in the game is laughable.

It makes sense to EPL fans who have no other interest than bringing back players like Jude or Sancho.
BTW, how did that work out with Sancho dominating the Buli?

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I beg to differ. If Jude was French you would say the opposite quite clearly. Jude is arguably the best player at Dortmund and in the Bundesliga right now and they are currently positioned to win the league. He is not just hype.

How can rating Jude be considered EPL centered fan when the player is dominating in the bundesliga? How does it make sense?

Musiala

No I wouldn't.
Cama just dominated Liverpool recently, Tchouameni right before his injury was making outside foot assists for fun. And they're both vastly superior defensively.
I never said Bellingham is just hype. However, saying he's "obviously a level above" the other two who can easily be considered as the best 2 6/8 young midfielders in the game is laughable.

It makes sense to EPL fans who have no other interest than bringing back players like Jude or Sancho.
BTW, how did that work out with Sancho dominating the Buli?

FWIW Sancho didn't dominate the BuLi in his final season. He was phenomenal the year before that, but his form went to shit after he didn't get the transfer to ManU that he wanted. He's been no worse in the EPL than he was that season, he just hasn't had Haaland next to him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Musiala

FWIW Sancho didn't dominate the BuLi in his final season. He was phenomenal the year before that, but his form went to shit after he didn't get the transfer to ManU that he wanted. He's been no worse in the EPL than he was that season, he just hasn't had Haaland next to him.
I agree. I was more refering to the fact that apparently, Bellingham is vastly superior to Cama and Tchou because he's the best in the Buli.
Which is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad