Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Crazy to think that I thought Mount was destined to be captain, and this will be how his Chelsea career ends, and I don't even have any emotion either way on him leaving.
It seemed inevitable. It really did. So strange how this has all shaken out.

I don't want him to leave, because I think this year will prove to be an aberration. I still have hope that my Mount kit will remain relevant, and I think it's still possible he sticks around and ends up as captain. But man, this is all so weird.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Camavinga, Tchouameni, Ceballos (which seemed to be better than the first two this year), Valverde.
Not sure what Madrid's game plan is tbh. Seems like an erratic accumulation of talent for the sake of it.

Hoping Benz doesnt decline and continues to excel at his age, with no proper coverage. Along the side their thin on the wings too. Truly perplexing.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not sure what Madrid's game plan is tbh. Seems like an erratic accumulation of talent for the sake of it.

Hoping Benz doesnt decline and continues to excel at his age, with no proper coverage. Along the side their thin on the wings too. Truly perplexing.

Wait for Mbappe or Haaland?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They promised Endrick they wouldn't sign any of them. In other words, he would not have competition for his spot in the team
I’m going to go out on a limb and say that they don’t have that in writing anywhere important/binding

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They promised Endrick they wouldn't sign any of them. In other words, he would not have competition for his spot in the team
Would be wild for that to be an indefinite promise, especially as age starts to catch up to Benz and Erling is ready for another change. Plus a promise made now isn't necessarily something they won't be able to talk him out of once he's an established superstar in his own right.

Same way Mouki leaving for Chelsea this winter would've been insane, but him going to a Bayern / Barca / Real in 2-3 years...after he's established himself as a worldclass senior team footballer...would make perfect sense.

It seemed inevitable. It really did. So strange how this has all shaken out.

I don't want him to leave, because I think this year will prove to be an aberration. I still have hope that my Mount kit will remain relevant, and I think it's still possible he sticks around and ends up as captain. But man, this is all so weird.

Who cares about that? If Kai doesn't stop scoring ASAP you jerks might keep him!

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Don’t know how to feel about it m, going to cost so much and no definitive position.

He has a definitive position; superstar.

Being serious, being able to play anywhere is very different from not being able to play any position. Flo is a natural 10; he just happens to be good enough to also play as a winger, false-9, and 8/10 hybrid as well, cause he's the german Iniesta.

Cost, on the other hand, is a legit concern. Unless there's an unreported buyout clause next summer, Wirtz could cost a staggering sum.

• Love
Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
He has a definitive position; superstar.

Being serious, being able to play anywhere is very different from not being able to play any position. Flo is a natural 10; he just happens to be good enough to also play as a winger, false-9, and 8/10 hybrid as well, cause he's the german Iniesta.

Cost, on the other hand, is a legit concern. Unless there's an unreported buyout clause next summer, Wirtz could cost a staggering sum.
We said the same thing about Felix, Kai and me for GLC... no one plays the #10 position anymore. These guys have to excel in different positions which they for the most part failed to do so.

If im spending a staggering amount I want to know what position he will fill and is it currently occupied? My concern is that it would be.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
We said the same thing about Felix, Kai and me for GLC... no one plays the #10 position anymore. These guys have to excel in different positions which they for the most part failed to do so.

If im spending a staggering amount I want to know what position he will fill and is it currently occupied? My concern is that it would be.
Wirtz could play in a role similar to Odegaard

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
No, the rumor is that Endrick signed under the impression/promise Haaland would come.
Nothing was mentioned about Mbappe.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Chelsea ruins everything *shrug*...it's worked out fine for KdB, Musiala, Pedri, Saka, Foden, Gavi, Vini, Kvara, Nkunku, etc.

Do you have 4 world-class attackers? If not then Wirtz's spot isn't occupied.

Last edited:
Reactions: maclean
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad