Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
25 games of that quality is still better than any Pool player and yet you guys expect Salah to have suitors next summer.
Weird.
As Liverpool know too well, availability matters a lot.

Salah is an ironman and can give BDO quality seasons. Neymar can only say one of those things.

Also Salah and his agent are on speed dial with PSG ownership and they have met on multiple occasions, so they will be interested. Not sure it’ll be a feeding frenzy but teams at the top of the market would be tripping over themselves for Salah, who is 30 g/an all comps in a bad season for him. That’s not too shabby

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Lol, And Neymar is at 34 in 29 games this season in what is called a problematic season.
Not too shabby indeed.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Neymar has the stench of the failed Paris program on him. Attitude problems and all. He's seen as a big raison for its failure, far more than Mpabbe and Messi.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I never loved Neymar even when we signed him and especially after he left. I also think he's clearly missed time for his sister's birthday and probably is involved in some locker room drama at PSG. That said, it amazes how much is put as his feet when Mbappe is there and based on the little I've read. I've even read some unflattering things about Marquinhos. Anyway, whether it's on the pitch or off it, Neymar seems to be an easy scapegoat.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Lol, And Neymar is at 34 in 29 games this season in what is called a problematic season.
Not too shabby indeed.
It isn’t, but Salah is going to give you more games and arguably more consistency than Neymar as a result of playing more games. Who knows, maybe they’ll be playing together?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It isn’t, but Salah is going to give you more games and arguably more consistency than Neymar as a result of playing more games. Who knows, maybe they’ll be playing together?
And Neymar gives you more goals and assists.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Clearing up a few things.

Neymar is never going to Liverpool. They are not in the market, and he would not want to go there.

As for Salah, I don't know how he got into this, but all I've ever been on record saying is that if PSG wanted to get him, and were giving a hefty bid, I would certainly consider it. They need a significant funding injection, and he's still a saleable asset, even if the price is likely down. Especially considering the weird meeting / lunch that occurred, and the reality that he might be interested in moving if they don't have CL. That's it.

As for Neymar discussion, I've only said that I think at this stage in his career, and his mileage, his cost is prohibitive for a lot of clubs. He would take TNT to Chelsea's salary scale. He also would likely involve some hefty payments on the side to do so. As far as Neymar on the pitch, he is a very talented player, and I don't think that's anything anyone is disputing. The questions I have are where he's going to be in a few seasons, considering he's 31, and maybe seen the best of his career already. Ligament damage, especially repeatedly at this stage, considering all the abuse he has taken does not make me excited about it. 25 matches might be what you get, and most of those could be great. But man, that's a truck load of money to pay a 31 year old player with injury issues.

I guess there is a world where he's Chelsea's new owners shiny new marquee player, but, it's kinda hard to see it working with the salary, age and injury issues. That's even before whether or not they can figure out what works for his dad, entourage and what he looks like in that team.

But, what do I know.

• Love
Reactions: Peen

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Just that the reasonning you're applying to Salah should easily apply to Neymar but you chose to ignore it.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Neymar - Injury history

One of these is not like the other at all. Actually looking at it, he has a serious question about his ankle and whether the ligaments in them are shot.

But to at least entertain it, it was frequently debated when his new contract was being worked out on whether it was a smart move as he’s getting older. However, his deal is not in the same ballpark as the cash for Neymar.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Neymar - Injury history

One of these is not like the other at all. Actually looking at it, he has a serious question about his ankle and whether the ligaments in them are shot.

But to at least entertain it, it was frequently debated when his new contract was being worked out on whether it was a smart move as he’s getting older. However, his deal is not in the same ballpark as the cash for Neymar.
No if you actually researched, Neymar is fixing his ankle right now.
And you forgot about their productions. Weird.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
How this discussion turned into Salah vs Neymar? :confused:

Both are incredibly talented player. The difference is the cost of both players as well as their salary.

Also Salah is most likely not leaving Liverpool unless he wants out. For Neymar from an outside observer, it seems like PSG want to move Neymar and let Messi leave. It has nothing to do with Salah...

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How this discussion turned into Salah vs Neymar? :confused:

Both are incredibly talented player. The difference is the cost of both players as well as their salary.

Also Salah is most likely not leaving Liverpool unless he wants out. For Neymar from an outside observer, it seems like PSG want to move Neymar and let Messi leave. It has nothing to do with Salah...
It had to do with Salah the moment some Liverpool fans said Salah would get tons of money while Neymar wouldn't even find a club because he's old and injured.
Yet he's more productive than Salah while not being older and being much more of an international superstar.
Neymar was also a top 4 player at worst for half the season. Salah was far from it.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
It had to do with Salah the moment some Liverpool fans said Salah would get tons of money while Neymar wouldn't even find a club because he's old and injured.
Yet he's more productive than Salah while not being older and being much more of an international superstar.
Neymar was also a top 4 player at worst for half the season. Salah was far from it.
More productive in a weaker league on a super team versus a team that's struggled in the midfield in a much stronger league. And just papering over injury problems is kinda silly. Sure, Neymar, again, in a weaker league, has two more G+A (and if you take out his game against powerhouse Pays de Cassel, he has fewer), but he's also not going to be adding any more to that tally this season. Salah will.

Also, Salah finished above Neymar in the 2022 BDO voting, 2021 BDO voting, 2019 BDO voting, and 2018 BDO voting. But sure, Neymar's stretch of a dozen games is all you need to know.

Then you have to factor in the salaries.

Just a remarkably ignorant post.

Reactions: luiginb

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don’t think either player is moving for a ton of money. If you think Neymar is, I think the only way that happens is if there’s some deal to someone else in the Middle East and it’s shady as all get out.

I think the only reason Salah might go for a decent bit of money is it’s clear Liverpool are not actively shopping him (or hope he goes), and he won’t take a mint to sign if he moved.

I also don’t really understand. If he’s (Neymar) that good, and everyone would want him, why should PSG sell him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't think Neymar moved for a ton of money. But yes he will have suitors, especially since the fee will be low.

PSG wants to move both Messi and Neymar or at the very least one of them.
And Neymar plays Mbappe's position.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
As long as he's willing to take a salary cut. I'm skeptical.
Yes. Nobody can afford other than Manchester United, Manchester City and maybe Newcastle. I do not think they would be interested in him but I could be wrong... Saudi Arabia clubs could afford him though

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yes. Nobody can afford other than Manchester United, Manchester City and maybe Newcastle. I do not think they would be interested in him but I could be wrong... Saudi Arabia clubs could afford him though
Probably Chelsea and Madrid, too, but it's not a question of just affording Neymar but also the blowing up of any salary structure. If he's getting 3x the next player and only playing half the games, that's gonna lead to some resentment.

Reactions: Chimaera
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad