Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
With that in mind, the interest in Mount from Anfield is serious.

The Athletic has been told that significant conversations have taken place over a prospective move, with Liverpool already giving proper consideration to what kind of contract they could offer to persuade the player to join them — a reality which Chelsea accept is commonplace. They will not countenance him running his contract down and departing on a free transfer at the end of next season, so would look to sell him this summer if there is no prospect of him extending his stay.

That said, and given his qualities and age, they would still seek £70million ($86.2m), even though he is entering the last year of his deal. Whether Chelsea recouping that kind of fee for Mount is realistic remains to be seen.

- The athletic

Reactions: Blender

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Players that go out and give ultimatums are walking red flags imo
Depends on the context obviously. In this case they absolutely did the right thing in my mind.

Richarlison and Hojbjerg were two other players that supposedly went to upper management and wanted them to deal with it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
DD told Mbappe to sign with Madrid.
Didn't turn out to be.

Just because advise is given doesn't mean it will be followed :dunno:

Depends on the context obviously. In this case they absolutely did the right thing in my mind.

Richarlison and Hojbjerg were two other players that supposedly went to upper management and wanted them to deal with it.

That one is a red-flag :laugh:

Reactions: robertmac43

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

The Athletic has been told that significant conversations have taken place over a prospective move, with Liverpool already giving proper consideration to what kind of contract they could offer to persuade the player to join them — a reality which Chelsea accept is commonplace. They will not countenance him running his contract down and departing on a free transfer at the end of next season, so would look to sell him this summer if there is no prospect of him extending his stay.

That said, and given his qualities and age, they would still seek £70million ($86.2m), even though he is entering the last year of his deal. Whether Chelsea recouping that kind of fee for Mount is realistic remains to be seen.

- The athletic

Lunatics. They will lose him for free then.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Lunatics. They will lose him for free then.
They won’t. It’s been clear for over half a year now that the board will never allow for a single Rudiger/Christensen incident to happen again where key players leave on frees.

That’s probably just their starting ask.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I see them getting 20+ million euros less, with everything going on.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
That one is a red-flag :laugh:
Oh, I've had this discussion many times already on here.

I can understand how he can be a bit of a headache for football clubs. He's very blunt and confrontational. Can have some questionable behavior on the pitch. However that doesn't mean he's an awful person or anything. He's does a ton of charity work, stands up for the LGBTQ-community and is one of the very few brazilian players that weren't in Bolsonaro's pocket, and instead actively spoke out against him. He's not as awful of a person as a lot of people love portraying him to be.

This all being said I'm not too happy with how much Spurs paid for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh, I've had this discussion many times already on here.

I can understand how he can be a bit of a headache for football clubs. He's very blunt and confrontational. Can have some questionable behavior on the pitch. However that doesn't mean he's an awful person or anything. He's does a ton of charity work, stands up for the LGBTQ-community and is one of the very few brazilian players that weren't in Bolsonaro's pocket, and instead actively spoke out against him. He's not as awful of a person as a lot of people love portraying him to be.

This all being said I'm not too happy with how much Spurs paid for him.

Never said he was a bad person, just making a joke about how hard he is to work with.

Some of my favorite players...guys I would actually want to grab a beer with...are hard to work with. Doesn't make them bad people, but there was a reason why Max ended up in Turkey before joining us...ya know?

Reactions: Paulie Gualtieri

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
So like 10th place Chelsea and 6th place Liverpool, then?

Romero is so overrated right now it's hilarious.
Yes because 6 month form is how to judge a team. No one in the world would swap places/conditions from those two teams to spurs.

Overrated by whom lol no one actually rates him here except for maybe 2/3. Also no need to respond about cuti ability it’s been so beaten to death I have zero interest in getting into it with others who will jump in. If you like to tell me how amazing spurs are go right ahead tho.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
After Everton & West Ham were linked to him over the winter, di Marzio is reporting that Turin is interested in signing Füllkrug this summer.

Boo to that! Nic needs to replace Jordan for us, or finally join BMG...like I wanted him to after Kruse got poached by the wobbies.

In other news; Freiburg's Flekken is being linked to Brentford...which could open the door for 20yo Noah Atubolu to take over the starting job. He's the first big-time goalkeeping prospect we've had make it to the senior level in a while.

Would be really nice if Atubolu & Urbig could both hit; MAtS & Trapp will hold things down for at least another cycle, but they'll be in their mid-30s after the WM...

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
After Dest yesterday, the latest crazy Union rumor is linking us to Houssem Aouar; who has apparently already been in Köpenik.

I don't even know how to react to these rumors, the Boniface link seemed the typical lazy "got burned a player in europe, so buy him" story.

But Dest & Aouar are just weird connections for a journo to makeup if there isn't something to it...as the club just brought in Juranovic & Laidouni over the winter and both have been fantastic for us.

So if you were gunna make something up, these would not be the most logical names to pick...like Füllkrug.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Worth saying taxes post salary are different from country to country (much heavier in France for example).

Incredible numbers (IMO) :
Sancho
Hazard (but not that surprising at the time of his transfer)
Busquets (depending on when it was signed)
Alba
Alaba (on a free so that inflates the numbers)
Muller (depending on when it was signed)
Bernat (backup LB)
Ramos
Mukiele (backup RB)

Reactions: Gecklund

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Sancho is a great example of why players seem to like moving teams a lot (especially to move back to England). the PL pays insane wages for new, big money, signings.

There's zero arguments that a guy like Sancho should ever be offered a wage package above say Rashford, but because Rashford came up internally and Sancho was bought from outside, Sancho gets the bigger contract. Certainly Rashford isn't poor and makes a lot of money, but there's zero doubt if he was bought at 22 or whatever from abroad, he'd be on those type of wages as well.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

- The athletic
This is what we are/having been hearing in the LFC half too.

I don’t think Mount is a bad player, but I think the team fit is bad. I think if Chelsea sell Mount they are likely to replace him with a player that is a better fit for them (and Liverpool) than Mount is. If LFC want Mount as a 10 in a 4231, they should sign Szoboszlai or Wirtz. If LFC want Mount as an 8 in 433 they should sign Mac Allister or just stick with Harvey Elliott so they can use that money elsewhere; which again is nothing against Mount. It’s just bad strategy by Liverpool

So like 10th place Chelsea and 6th place Liverpool, then?

Romero is so overrated right now it's hilarious.

1680182781621.jpeg

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Sure. Some countries are better at enforcing them.

I guess some of what the take home pay is would all depend. We do know there's nebulous benefits, like apartments, cars, or even image rights that impact the numbers.

It's really a complex question. We also know that KdB and other City players likely were getting paid off book ('allegedly')

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

- The athletic
NGL £70M for a player with one year on his contract is insane. I hope LFC they don't cave to pay that or that they eventually move on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
NGL £70M for a player with one year on his contract is insane. I hope LFC they don't cave to pay that or that they eventually move on.
It’s insane. I think Klopp looks at Mount and he just sees Adam Lallana and is like, “yeah let’s do that again; I loved Lallana”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad