Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Mount has barely played in the last six weeks. His biggest break in years.

We have a lot of fixtures in league/CL during April, so it will be interesting to see how he performs. He has needed the time off badly.

Reactions: Blender

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If they want 70, hell no.

That's ridiculous.

I would be interested in 40ish. Maybe some incentives. For more than that? Ehhh... Liverpool just has too much to do to put it all on that price.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If they want 70, hell no.

That's ridiculous.

I would be interested in 40ish. Maybe some incentives. For more than that? Ehhh... Liverpool just has too much to do to put it all on that price.
Their strategy is dumb.

I mean obviously they need to see if Bellingham is happening or not first. But if they have a nine figure Bellingham sized hole in their pocket there are just so many better things that they could do. I mean I would just take that money to Brighton and tell them I want both Mac Allister AND Caicedo. That would actually fix the midfield. But this is also why I wanted to pay Enzo’s release clause in January

Mount doesn’t help anything the team is bad at; he’s just an upgrade on Elliott. But LFC going to wind up with Mount and we will see how long it takes them to realize he doesn’t have a position, especially if they want to go double pivot; (which I think is already at the least in the process of happening). What other team in the world signs up to build their team around Mason Mount as their #10 ? Serious question. It’s not Chelsea

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Depends on the context obviously. In this case they absolutely did the right thing in my mind.

Richarlison and Hojbjerg were two other players that supposedly went to upper management and wanted them to deal with it.

"I wasn't a mutiny leader against him, it was quite the opposite. I'm sorry I didn't deliver as much as he expected of me and I didn't do enough for him to stay. When he left, I sent him a message thanking him for everything and wishing him the best cause that's what he deserves!"

"On the other hand, the journalist responsible for this awful lie did not even do the least which would be talking to my PR or listening to me. Bad professional and bad character! And shame on you, Tyc Sports!"

Reactions: luiginb

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I would love to see it especially at that price but managingbarca I have blocked because of how trash it is.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ndicka replacement

Who knows how long he'll need to adapt, but it sounds like a good buy no matter. BMG almost signed him last summer before the deal collapsed and IIRC Savi said he's been fantastic in Belgium this season.

In BMG news; they are being linked to a 3-4M move for Sochaux's Skelly Alvero.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
i hate it here. Barca is essentially reloading and we are just chasing after Mbappe. Go get me a fullback ffs
So many rumors' swirling. Both parties want a return and are prioritizing it, that much is clear. The latest news is that Messi is actually willing to play for free, seems off brand but I dont its not crazy to think he will take Alves type payment if barca cant afford him anything of substance. Like I said a few months back my gut tells me he's going back, pretty confident.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
So many rumors' swirling. Both parties want a return and are prioritizing it, that much is clear. The latest news is that Messi is actually willing to play for free, seems off brand but I dont its not crazy to think he will take Alves type payment if barca cant afford him anything of substance. Like I said a few months back my gut tells me he's going back, pretty confident.
yay

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I think it would be great to see Messi come back to Barca and win a last trophy with them. After that head across the pond and do 2-3 final years playing MLS.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Worth saying taxes post salary are different from country to country (much heavier in France for example).

Incredible numbers (IMO) :
Sancho
Hazard (but not that surprising at the time of his transfer)
Busquets (depending on when it was signed)
Alba
Alaba (on a free so that inflates the numbers)
Muller (depending on when it was signed)
Bernat (backup LB)
Ramos
Mukiele (backup RB)

Key word, estimated. Alba would also constitute “depending on when it was signed” and both he and Busquets go back to pre-Covid and the Bartomeu regime. And both players make significant positive contributions when they get the minutes (re: Alba). Their contracts were still bloated (more so from a length perspective, but still from a wage perspective), but clearly not a surprise.

Anyway, you missed a few. De Gea being really glaring, but also Marquinhos now though to be fair to PSG he was probably notably better when his contract was signed.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Saw this. Hopefully it’s true. Off the books for good and on to the next.

Ndicka replacement

Who knows how long he'll need to adapt, but it sounds like a good buy no matter. BMG almost signed him last summer before the deal collapsed and IIRC Savi said he's been fantastic in Belgium this season.

In BMG news; they are being linked to a 3-4M move for Sochaux's Skelly Alvero.

Just picked him up in our keeper league for the league minimum a few weeks ago. This was the most believable rumor I’d seen and I like it as he should get the minutes. Looks one of the best CBs in the Jupiler League right now and one of Ecuador’s starters in the future. N’dicka replacement indeed. Any word on the price?

i hate it here. Barca is essentially reloading and we are just chasing after Mbappe. Go get me a fullback ffs

Are you even chasing Mbappe though? I mean if you are don’t you want that anyway?

Madrid need to keep ”rebuilding” the squad to some degree, but they also have to consider the cantera in the coming years. A few players who could be squad players leaving more money to spend on the galacticos.

I think it would be great to see Messi come back to Barca and win a last trophy with them. After that head across the pond and do 2-3 final years playing MLS.

I mean if he’s going to LA to play with Riqui that’s one thing, but I would rather he retire with Barca or spend his final season with Newell’s. Sforza playing cross-field passes to Messi before the former goes to Europe (which should happen well before any such fictional scenario) and the latter hangs up his boots.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just picked him up in our keeper league for the league minimum a few weeks ago. This was the most believable rumor I’d seen and I like it as he should get the minutes. Looks one of the best CBs in the Jupiler League right now and one of Ecuador’s starters in the future. N’dicka replacement indeed. Any word on the price?

9M euros I think

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Key word, estimated. Alba would also constitute “depending on when it was signed” and both he and Busquets go back to pre-Covid and the Bartomeu regime. And both players make significant positive contributions when they get the minutes (re: Alba). Their contracts were still bloated (more so from a length perspective, but still from a wage perspective), but clearly not a surprise.

Anyway, you missed a few. De Gea being really glaring, but also Marquinhos now though to be fair to PSG he was probably notably better when his contract was signed.
Even if it was a long time ago, a LB has nothing to do among the most paid players in the world.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Even if it was a long time ago, a LB has nothing to do among the most paid players in the world.

I would say it depends on the LB, though I generally agree with you. Alba has at least made significant goal contributions since signing it. I reckon 28 league assists or so alone.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I thought April Fools Day was yesterday

This team has no idea why it’s struggling and none of these transfers ideas make any sense

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I thought April Fools Day was yesterday

This team has no idea why it’s struggling and none of these transfers ideas make any sense

I'm high on Gallagher and don't want to see him sold, but the problem with Gallagher is you need to use him properly to be effective.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm high on Gallagher and don't want to see him sold, but the problem with Gallagher is you need to use him properly to be effective.
He’s going to be 24 next season and he needs to be used “properly to be effective”. Klopp is really trying to sign Mount and Gallagher because he thinks he is getting Lallana and Milner. It’s another moron signing. Why are Liverpool signing Chelsea rejects? Or at least players that Chelsea have no issues replacing? No other UCL competing team in Europe would consider to be building around these players. If they want to sign a homegrown player and you are desperate to help Chelsea with their FFP problems just get Bettinelli and find some real players/start competing with Chelsea on the players that they actually want. Neither are going to be in UCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad