Transfer: 2023 Summer Transfer Rumors and Discussion - Closed Window Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Even read a headline today where Henry essentially said the PSG supporters weren’t fair to him.
Argentinian fans weren't then. I guess.

That’s not what he’s saying though? Well at least I hope not.
"Get them younger, get them in .... and then promote them. If they’re older, loan them out, but still look younger. Argentina is really affordable too."

If I didn't know LH, I'd say he is head of a mafia selling teenage women :D
Even in the football context, this is not looking good IMO though I understand his intentions.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They absolutely weren’t, in fact he suffered much much worse in Argentina. However, that ended when he finally got a real coach in Sabella. Then the love affair continued to what we see now as an obsession.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They absolutely weren’t, in fact he suffered much much worse in Argentina. However, that ended when he finally got a real coach in Sabella. Then the love affair continued to what we see now as an obsession.
Yes, but as much as I'm a Messi fan and it pains me to see him booed (or whistled here), it's easy for me because I'm not a PSG fan.
If I were I'd probably be mad at him.
Guy was great for 4 months and then once he had his goal (WC), he simply checked out. Marqui and Neymar were in a desastrous mental state, Kimpembe got injured, Verratti for some reason (he didn't play the WC so he has no excuse) started to suck and Mbappe got injured for a few weeks.
That was enough to destroy PSG's season. CL elimination, Coupe de France elimination, L1 losses.... and Messi just walking on the pitch with zero effort. I understand their frustration.
People might not like it but... Messi probably deserves it.

Reactions: Peen

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
They can express themselves how they like. It doesn’t mean Messi should stand for it. Not his fault they fumbled the CL yet again.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
had to listen to this band, really weird listening to German in such a calm manner. I love German metal bands, tho. Leiþa and Kanonenfieber :thumbu:

I'm curious how well they translate for non-germans because their lyrics are very silly and that's half the fun for me. That whole song is a play on the fact that "Ich Roque" sounds like "I rock" with Roque Santa Cruz's accent. Such an absurd idea for a song that they look so serious about in the music video :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: John Pedro

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Well talking about those as if they were kettle that need to be brought early and put in the academy while Barca was punished for signing under 16 players is rather weird.

I definitely get what you're responding to, which is why I tried to make a joke about that post having a bit of a "too catch a predator" vibe.

But LH never said they should be buying children under 16. He may have just meant younger than their senior team targets have been since the crisis started.

Last edited:
Reactions: les Habs

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
- ManU have reportedly already had positive talks with Frimpong.

- Moriba isn't in Leipzig's plans.

- And Füllkrug's agent has poured water on the Turin links....because he's obviously going to continue carrying Kruse's spirit & join Union...obviously...

But seriously, we would be a perfect fit for him footballistically...especially if we're able to hold onto Becker (we won't be) to partner him with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gecklund

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Wait what?

Not to mention the other thousand other shady shit they've done/do that aren't criminal per se. They're a gangster club.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Not to mention the other thousand other shady shit they've done/do that aren't criminal per se. They're a gangster club.
Oh the case where they haven't found anything illegal?

The shit they have done/do but aren't criminal... but makes them a criminal club?

Reactions: les Habs

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
6634E64F-8D15-4E53-B673-56464AFC6904.gif

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It's an expression. They're just a club of scumbags, pretty much. I get that you're a fan but come on.
I mean calling them a criminal club, followed by gangster club doesn't really seem "expression" more of an accusation...

scumbags sure... I mean what billion dollar entity isn't a bunch of criminal scumbags?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Because there’s 10 other players and it’s a team sport? I mean sure he deserves some blame like the others.
Which is what I said?
"Certainly his fault, no less than the others." to which you answered "I meant you can’t place the blame on him."

And if you factor his salary, he actually deserves more blame than the lower guys on the payroll.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Which is what I said?
"Certainly his fault, no less than the others." to which you answered "I meant you can’t place the blame on him."

And if you factor his salary, he actually deserves more blame than the lower guys on the payroll.
Sure just as much as Neymar and Mpabbe

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If Romano is saying it, then it probably has a good chance of happening. Doesn't matter, he makes Barca a worse team and prevents a youth player from getting actual development time.

A TON of rumours out there that Arsenal will go in for Leroy Sane in the summer. It seems that this rumour has been prominent for at least five months now and is still going on...

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

"Get them younger, get them in .... and then promote them. If they’re older, loan them out, but still look younger. Argentina is really affordable too."

If I didn't know LH, I'd say he is head of a mafia selling teenage women :D
Even in the football context, this is not looking good IMO though I understand his intentions.

No, they were too. Not sure why you felt the need to add that though considering I said as much back in the day.

Do you understand my intentions? Your initial reply tells me otherwise.

It's an expression. They're just a club of scumbags, pretty much. I get that you're a fan but come on.

Wow, sweeping generalizations, almost no context, “the other thousand other shady shit” and a case that has yielded nothing. You’re on a roll, pray continue.

You think they got away with it?
Neymar got his share.
And Mbappe is the only one not getting that treatment because he actually shows he cares? Heck Neymar does seem to care too. Messi is just not.

You honestly think Messi doesn’t care? And for context on how Messi is performing, statistically this is what he’s delivered in Ligue 1 since the World Cup:

-6 goals and 3 assists in 11 matches

And for context, that was after the World Cup where he played every minute of every match if I’m not mistaken. Now, let’s compare that to Mbappe:

-7 goals and 1 assist in 11 matches

And since he REALLY cares, let’s compare that to Neymar:

-2 goals, 2 assists, 3 yellow cards, 1 red card and 1 sister’s birthday party in 6 matches.

And so I don’t have to deal with it later, I already said that Neymar gets too much shit just a couple of weeks back.

If Romano is saying it, then it probably has a good chance of happening. Doesn't matter, he makes Barca a worse team and prevents a youth player from getting actual development time.

Messi? He makes us a worse team? What specific youth players are going to be held back? Provide names.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Messi? He makes us a worse team? What specific youth players are going to be held back? Provide names.
Absolutely, he's going to take a spot away from the youth wingers or youth CMs, which are Barcas' best positions for youth and potential. It's the same issue with CR7, he was taking a spot away from higher potential players like Antony or Sancho because he thinks he should be always starting just like Messi probably has the same attitude. Look at the Arsenal, we are playing youth and developing every single one to the point we are currently 1st in the EPL. Players like Messi will ruin that playing time and keep one of Saka, Trossard, Jesus, Odegaard, or Martinmessi off the pitch and that is a negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad