Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I would take Zadorov over Hanifin considering the state of the defense

Hanifin is obviously the superior player but he is probably going to get Lindholm money on his next deal and I think Lohrei projects as a similar type of player.

Zadorov would provide the size and physicality needed in the top four and I could see him getting something like what Ryan Graves just got at 4.5 over 5/6 years. He can play both sides too.

Zadorov McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Lohrei xxx
I've wanted Zadorov here for years. Honestly, though, a lot of that desire was based on projecting his game to improve.

Right now, he's a 12 foot tall Clifton. That's clearly not worthless, but it really shouldn't cost you $20m+.

Reactions: Trizz617 and Kegs

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I've wanted Zadorov here for years. Honestly, though, a lot of that desire was based on projecting his game to improve.

Right now, he's a 12 foot tall Clifton. That's clearly not worthless, but it really shouldn't cost you $20m+.
I don’t think there’s possibly a better way to describe him. Or a better analog for any player really.

But 12 foot tall you say? New fan favorite

Reactions: BlackFrancis

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I think thats a big reason why they brought Lucic back. Hopefully it will convince those guys to come back. the Centennial year doesn't hurt either.

I don't see DK#46 returning. And I don't want him returning "sometime around Christmas," either.

It's time to hang 'em up. David should say so and we can move on.

Patrice is coming back.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
ARGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

GIVE ME SOMETHING!
Salsa Recipe

Prep5 minutes minutes
Ready in: 5 minutes minutes

Ingredients​

Instructions​

• Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse in 1 second bursts until all ingredients are finely chopped.
  • Serve with tortilla chips. Note that salsa always tastes best after it's been refrigerated for a few hours, so if time allows let the flavors marinate together before serving.
  • Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.

Notes​

• *Use best quality tomatoes or salsa will be lacking in flavor.
  • **Canned diced tomatoes with mild green chilis, or canned fire roasted tomatoes also work great as well.
  • ***For a slightly stronger onion flavor you can just omit green onions and use about 3/4 cup red onion (or 1/2 of a medium onion).
  • ****You can leave the seeds or use a serrano pepper for a spicy salsa. Sometimes I like to substitute a few canned chipotle peppers with some adobo sauce for the jalapeno. This is also a spicier option.
  • Another tasty addition is to include 1/2 bell pepper, or 1 poblano or Anaheim pepper.
  • For a thinner salsa, you can add in a bit of tomato juice or tomato sauce if desired.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Unlike last year, shootout points are going to be important for this team, and Jake was pretty good in the shootout for us.
Jake has been our best shootout performer since he got here. His speed challenges the goalie to keep up with him moving side to side and he is a good finisher. The rest of our guys are typically slow as hell in their approach.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
It was so frustrating to watch. Everything revolved around keeping Forbort in the lineup, and they kept forcing McAvoy with Orlov.... Orlov is a good player but every time he flew up the ice, 73 looked completely lost and was often caught pinching himself.

McAvoy needs to drive the play and Grzelcyk is good at staying back and resetting play in the neutral zone. I honestly think the trade deadline completely threw the roster. Even Bertuzzi taking Debrusk's spot was baffling.
I felt like our lineup was getting close to a bunch of all-stars with questionable chemistry.

Reactions: Gordoff

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Better numbers don't necessarily mean better potential.
Also... Of course DeBrusk has better numbers. Wahlstrom was PART of the return.

If they were a straight comp, the proposal would be one-for-one. In this deal, Wahlstrom is the sweetener.

Listen, I don't like this proposal Pageau for DeBrusk. But Pageau/Wahlstrom for DeBrusk? It's really not bad. I think Pageau is a lot better than some seem to believe around here. I take Pageau on my team any day, man. He is f***ing good and much more than his point totals.

I know this deal is pure fantasyland. But if I'm Sweeney and I gleam that DeBrusk's next contract is gonna likely start with a 7? And we're pretending this deal is on the table? I'm pulling the trigger.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Also... Of course DeBrusk has better numbers. Wahlstrom was PART of the return.

If they were a straight comp, the proposal would be one-for-one. In this deal, Wahlstrom is the sweetener.

Listen, I don't like this proposal Pageau for DeBrusk. But Pageau/Wahlstrom for DeBrusk? It's really not bad. I think Pageau is a lot better than some seem to believe around here. I take Pageau on my team any day, man. He is f***ing good and much more than his point totals.

I know this deal is pure fantasyland. But if I'm Sweeney and I gleam that DeBrusk's next contract is gonna likely start with a 7? And we're pretending this deal is on the table? I'm pulling the trigger.
30+ goal scorers aren’t that easy to come by by tho. Just saying.

Reactions: lopey and bbfan419

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
You guys really are die hard fans . I have no real interest in thinking about or discussing this team until the regular season in October particularly after what happened in the playoffs.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
This whole Pageau for DeBrusk thing is all bogus anyway, it was just some Isles fan with a blog that suggested it would be good for the Islanders, of course it would they are getting a younger, cheaper and better player.
Is Pageau my first choice for replacement Krejci or Bergeron? NO.

I compared 5 year playoff performances, Debrusk/Pageau share similar point totals however Pageau far exceeded when it came to hits, block shots, and F/O %s on par with Bergeron. Pageau played pk, 2nd pp, and 3rd line center (I'm guessing Pageau matches regular season Debrusk point totals playing with a Bergeron/Marchand). The guy plays hard and is depended on in all critical situations...Debrusk can score goals but he's much closer to a 1 dimensional player.

Folk brushing off a one to one trade and dismissing Pageau's worth haven't watched him play. IMO I take Pageau over Debrusk. Highly doubt Islanders do a 1 for 1 trade knowing what Pageau brings to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad