Boston Bruins 2023 Off-Season CAP, Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
I’m not saying the Bruins are entertaining the idea of moving Debrusk for a center. Even if they were I’m sure they could do better than Pageau.

Even though that rumor is crap

Reactions: bbfan419

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I was sitting with Jess - he will verify to you BOTH Ullmark & McAvoy got hurt in first 12 minutes of Monty’s kids or picked out of a plastic St Patrick’s Day hat

I love butterflies especially Iron Butterfly - so if Monty doesn’t experiment using the butterfly effect - neither Bright Lights or Linus get hurt

Bottom line - Monty cost them game 5 win
Monty should not take all the blame but he should bare the blunt of it as should the medical staff you are going too tell me they did not pickup on Lindholms broken foot , hard to believe..............Ullmark , Bergeron should not have played game 5 with the team playing well and up3-1 bullshit decision by the coach and anyone else involved..........

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Monty should not take all the blame but he should bare the blunt of it as should the medical staff you are going too tell me they did not pickup on Lindholms broken foot , hard to believe..............Ullmark , Bergeron should not have played game 5 with the team playing well and up3-1 bullshit decision by the coach and anyone else involved..........
Well they didn’t want Bergeron to play up 3-1 but he’s tough as they come

I don’t blame him heck he opened the game with a crushing check behind offensive net on Ekblad

He scored the second goal for Boston

AND he and spanking brand new left winger Tyler Bertuzzi (subbing in for last 675 game left winger Brad Marchand) got crossed up in defensive zone and Bertuzzi cross up ended on Florida player a stick and in net

-1 for Bergeron

But it’s the players fault of course

Terrible trade.
Sweeney trades Jake for Pageau and Wholstrom I will join the anti Sweeney Cult providing whoever is the cult leader doesn’t require money or donations

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I was sitting with Jess - he will verify to you BOTH Ullmark & McAvoy got hurt in first 12 minutes of Monty’s kids or picked out of a plastic St Patrick’s Day hat

I love butterflies especially Iron Butterfly - so if Monty doesn’t experiment using the butterfly effect - neither Bright Lights or Linus get hurt

Bottom line - Monty cost them game 5 win
If you believe that, then there's an obvious flaw.

If Monty doesn't blow game 5, then he blows a game further on down the line. If he's a bad coach, he's a bad coach. If he was overwhelmed by the moment, when he was up 3 games to 1 in the first round, he's going to be overwhelmed in the 2nd rd or beyond.

No no no.. in order for this fan fiction to work, you have to go back to the source of the problem. In this case your point of divergence HAS to be:

Don doesn't hire Monty. He does a better job of vetting (which we know is a flaw in their organization since they hired an outside law office to critique their process) and hires a better coach and not one that was canned by another organization.

Do that and they win the Cup.

So the real culprit here is the GM.

Better GM--> Bettter Coach --> No bad line decisions

EDIT: BTW I'm not saying they should have or should now fire Sweeney. I'm saying that if you think the thing that literally caused the greatest team in NHL history to lose in the 1st rd is the coach (and I don't believe that, he was a factor, but not the sole cause)... then yeah you'd have to look at the guy who hired him.

Last edited:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I think Jake has some flaws as a player but I wouldn't deal him for Pageau.

If they were the same age (instead of Pageau being 4 years older)
With the same contract (instead of Pageau being 1m more)

and we are talking about some unspecified team, then I could see an argument for picking Pageau, maybe.

But the age and contract do matter, and on the B's Pageau's specific skillset aren't needed (espectially if Bergeron comes back) as much as Debruks's. I don't think Debrusk by himself gets Lindholm, but I'd rather add something and do that.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Marchand Zacha Pasta
JVR Coyle Debrusk
Boqvist Geekie Frederic
Lucic Brown Lauko

Grz McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Forbort Shattenkirk

Ullmark
Swayman

PP1
Pasta Zacha JVR
Marchand Lindholm

PP2
Boqvist Coyle Debrusk
McAvoy Shattenkirk

PK1
Coyle Debrusk
Forbort Carlo

PK2
Geekie Lauko
McAvoy Shattenkirk

It will be an interesting trainning camp/pre season. Just like with Stralman last season. Don't think its a guarantee any of these cheap signings have a spot in the lineup locked up. Looch is a one way signing. But could also see games from the 9th floor.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I don’t blame him heck he opened the game with a crushing check behind offensive net on Ekblad
AND he and spanking brand new left winger Tyler Bertuzzi (subbing in for last 675 game left winger Brad Marchand) got crossed up in defensive zone and Bertuzzi cross up ended on Florida player a stick and in net-1 for BergeronBut it’s the players fault of course
Sweeney trades Jake for Pageau and Wholstrom I will join the anti Sweeney Cult providing whoever is the cult leader doesn’t require money or donations

That may not be that bad a trade.

Have always liked Pageau as an all-around player. Wahlstrom has as much potential as Jake did at the same age.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Do not think it would be horrible, but something is missing with Whalstrom. Like Jake, he has speed and the shot but anticipation, or puck handling or something is missing. I would not do it. I have also always been a big Pageau fan, but he is old with a few deep playoff runs that make him even older.

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'll just say this nicely.

Pageau for Debrusk is the type of deal I'd expect Mike O'Connell to make. What's that Jake? You want to be paid? Sorry, I'll trade you for a cheaper (well in 2024-25) and older player. It's right out of that late 1990s/early 2000s MOC/Sinden playbook.

However......

Jake Debrusk for Pageau AND Wahlstrom COULD BE a very good deal for the Bruins in the long-run. But it's completely contingent on Wahlstrom achieving some of his potential. Even if Pageau played to expectations in his next 3 seasons, if Wahlstrom didn't cut the mustard, the deal ends up a disaster for Boston.

Let's say Wahlstrom flames out and doesn't get qualified next summer.

Then your talking essentially trading Jake Debrusk's age 27-28-29-30-31 (and maybe 32-33) seasons for Pageau's age 31-32-33. That's hard to justify, especially considering the amount of time/effort/money it took to get Jake Debrusk developed to the point where he is today in the prime of his career.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
So Brett Howden, 25 year old, just got 1.9 x 2 with basically the exact same points per game as Frederic over the last two years...how hard is it to see that Freddy is worth 2 million and settling somewhere near it
Because Howden blows and Freddy doesn't. Freddy will be getting 3m-3.5m per

Reactions: Gordoff

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

AND he and spanking brand new left winger Tyler Bertuzzi (subbing in for last 675 game left winger Brad Marchand) got crossed up in defensive zone and Bertuzzi cross up ended on Florida player a stick and in net

-1 for Bergeron

But it’s the players fault of course

I'll text you our Venmo just so you're prepared. Annual dues must be paid in full on the date you join, along with your themed HF avatar submission.

Reactions: DKH

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I'll just say this nicely.

Pageau for Debrusk is the type of deal I'd expect Mike O'Connell to make. What's that Jake? You want to be paid? Sorry, I'll trade you for a cheaper (well in 2024-25) and older player. It's right out of that late 1990s/early 2000s MOC/Sinden playbook.

However......

Jake Debrusk for Pageau AND Wahlstrom COULD BE a very good deal for the Bruins in the long-run. But it's completely contingent on Wahlstrom achieving some of his potential. Even if Pageau played to expectations in his next 3 seasons, if Wahlstrom didn't cut the mustard, the deal ends up a disaster for Boston.

Let's say Wahlstrom flames out and doesn't get qualified next summer.

Then your talking essentially trading Jake Debrusk's age 27-28-29-30-31 (and maybe 32-33) seasons for Pageau's age 31-32-33. That's hard to justify, especially considering the amount of time/effort/money it took to get Jake Debrusk developed to the point where he is today in the prime of his career.
I won't put it nicely, the proposal is horrible for the Bruins. From an Islanders perspective, it's a no brainer. From a Bruins perspective, Pageau brings nothing to this team that Coyle, Frederic, and perhaps even Zacha don't already bring to the team already. Wahlstrom was only included in this proposal because he has ties to Boston and because he had that fancy shootout goal at TD garden when he was a kid. The Bruins trading their 2nd/3rd best winger for an older center they don't need and a prospect they already have in Providence, Lysell, wouldn't move the needle forward for the Bruins, it would move it backwards.

DeBrusk would be the Bruins' most valuable tradeable asset if available. If the Bruins want to trade DeBrusk, you look at the Scheifele's and Lindholm's on the trade market, not a player equivalent to Kevin Hayes who just returned a 6th round pick. You add to DeBrusk to trade up, not down.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
As easy as it is to blame Monty, the guy was a victim of circumstance. Guy was given a 2nd chance despite the baggage, and everything fell into place for him as the Bruins became a surprise juggernaut despite missing some key players to start the season. No matter what happened, the Bruins kept winning. That worked until the p/o. Up 3-1 and getting it done without Krejci & Bergeron, next round was in his back pocket based on the season they had so far. Bergeron says he’s good to go game 5. What is he supposed to do? Say no to a playing legend, let him rest up till he is closer to 100%? Same with Ullmark, asked him & the goalie coach if he’s ok to continue the series. Wasn’t Monty’s place to go against these two guys even though he should’ve. Should’ve been Monty vs Cassidy in the final, what a great story line that would’ve been. BTW, wish players would say precisely what was wrong with them injury wise during the series so that no vagueness surrounds them. How bad was Lindholm’s foot fractured. Was Ullmark physically injured or was it just mental? What happened to Mcavoy & Hathaway? Seemed like both stopped playing physical during the series. It would be nice to have a clear picture of what actually happened. Otherwise it’s just rumors and such. I WANT A SCAPEGOAT! Lol

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
As easy as it is to blame Monty, the guy was a victim of circumstance. Guy was given a 2nd chance despite the baggage, and everything fell into place for him as the Bruins became a surprise juggernaut despite missing some key players to start the season. No matter what happened, the Bruins kept winning. That worked until the p/o. Up 3-1 and getting it done without Krejci & Bergeron, next round was in his back pocket based on the season they had so far. Bergeron says he’s good to go game 5. What is he supposed to do? Say no to a playing legend, let him rest up till he is closer to 100%? Same with Ullmark, asked him & the goalie coach if he’s ok to continue the series. Wasn’t Monty’s place to go against these two guys even though he should’ve. Should’ve been Monty vs Cassidy in the final, what a great story line that would’ve been. BTW, wish players would say precisely what was wrong with them injury wise during the series so that no vagueness surrounds them. How bad was Lindholm’s foot fractured. Was Ullmark physically injured or was it just mental? What happened to Mcavoy & Hathaway? Seemed like both stopped playing physical during the series. It would be nice to have a clear picture of what actually happened. Otherwise it’s just rumors and such. I WANT A SCAPEGOAT! Lol

He's literally the head coach. If it's not his "place" to do that whose is it? I do not understand this at all.

We're registered as a church for tax reasons

Wicked smaht. Evan Gold could never.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad