Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I feel like Hoven has weighed in on Ducks stuff before but can't really remember his track record. I feel like he's been onto a few things though that came to fruition.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The only part that is bad is that Columbus might take Smith and SJ gets franchise superstar Fantilli.
Cannot let SJ end up with him.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I feel like Hoven has weighed in on Ducks stuff before but can't really remember his track record. I feel like he's been onto a few things though that came to fruition.
The only stuff that I remember recently is him seemingly being wildly off about pretty much everything Eichel and the Ducks, him saying last year that it was looking like Gibson would be dealt(people here even clowned Stephens for basically saying the opposite) and going on about Martin Frk. It’s not a great track record.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Gulyayev still on board at #33 would you take him?

Seems like a high upside pick… still prefer to go forward but gulyayev is very intriguing

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Pat should say f—k it and take Michkov. we won’t be knocking on the playoffs’ door for another 3 years anyway. adding him on an ELC at that time would rule.
Problem is I don’t think the centers next year are overly impressive.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
As far as I remember, he has always have good sources in the Ducks org so this is... interesting. Have to read and watch everything about Leo now :laugh:
I can see this happening.. Maybe Fantalli doesnt want to play behind Z and McTavish..

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
All this prognostication and pretending to know how Verbeek thinks and what type of player he prefers is getting old. None of us really know anything about what direction he is going to go. My two cents is that Bedard and Michkov are on the top tier, Fantilli and Carlsson a bit below them, and that no one else should be on the Ducks radar. If Verbeek is hesitant to delve into the Russian uncertainty, I certainly would understand. I don't see a huge divide between Fantilli and Carlsson, but am not a fanboy for either. I'd be happy with whoever Verbeek prefers.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
All this prognostication and pretending to know how Verbeek thinks and what type of player he prefers is getting old. None of us really know anything about what direction he is going to go.
But the staff knows, they are having meetings back and forth. That increases the chance of it leaking. And the sources saying about Leo have not been the most horrible...

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The Mayor has been wrong about the Ducks more often than not as pointed out by The Mighty Duck Man.
The only stuff that I remember recently is him seemingly being wildly off about pretty much everything Eichel and the Ducks, him saying last year that it was looking like Gibson would be dealt(people here even clowned Stephens for basically saying the opposite) and going on about Martin Frk. It’s not a great track record.
Maybe the Mayor just wants to cause havoc in the Ducks fandom lol.
The Zegras/Drysdale instagram thing would make it awkward if they end up not picking Fantilli.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Problem is I don’t think the centers next year are overly impressive.
Outside of Celebrini it is as dry a year at center as there has been in a long time judging by early rankings.

It is absolutely stacked on defense though. I have seen some rankings with 5/6 defensemen in the top 10 and half the 1st round being defensemen.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
The Mayor has been wrong about the Ducks more often than not as pointed out by The Mighty Duck Man.

Maybe the Mayor just wants to cause havoc in the Ducks fandom lol.
The Zegras/Drysdale instagram thing would make it awkward if they end up not picking Fantilli.
I mean, would it though? Players are allowed to follow and be friends with players of other teams. Just because some of our young players like a guy doesn't really mean all that much.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Outside of Celebrini it is as dry a year at center as there has been in a long time judging by early rankings.

It is absolutely stacked on defense though. I have seen some rankings with 5/6 defensemen in the top 10 and half the 1st round being defensemen.
So its like 2021 when we heard about Powers, Lambos, Clarke, Hughes, Edvinsson going into the 2020-21 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad