Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
It's a 2 man race. Fantilli and Carlsson. Fantilli seems to be more of a true center while Carlsson has been playing more wing, but can do both.

Many say Fantilli would have gone 1st overall in the last draft had he been eligible. He's got the size you need and plays with an edge. He's my guy as of right now.

You can't take the kind of risk that comes with a Michkov pick at 2

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
In a perfect world where Michkov didn't have that KHL contract and everything else going on over there, it would be him.

In the real world we're currently living in where all that stuff is real and the concern is legitimate, Fantilli 100%, I've watched a lot of footage of the big 4 this year preparing myself for any result, and I always found myself liking what I saw from Fantilli more often than Carlsson.

I'll be happy with whoever we pick at the end of the day they all look fantastic but Fantilli would be my choice.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Will be interesting to see how Fantilli and Carlsson perform at the WC coming up.

For the record, I haven't seen a single reputable mock draft that has Carlsson at 2.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I still really like Carlsson, but realize it’s very unlikely we choose him, and I’m ok with that because Fantilli is great. I just really like guys who can slow down the game like Getz used to. Will be very interesting to see how each do in the WC’s though

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
Carlsson plays a great game, but Fantilli is a better fit for what we should be building. He has much more "wow" in his game, something this club desperately needs. Size, hands, IQ, compete level--and probably most importantly for this org--FINISH! We need guys to put the puck in the net, and Fantilli should do that much more than Carlsson, especially if he can improve his accuracy.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Fantilli seems to fit what Verbeeks wants, a whirling dervish who can score. Gotta love that elite skating, but sometimes he abuses that skating by playing hero puck. In time, Fantilli should grow out of that mold and into a more team player.

Carlsson's game fits Anaheim much better at this moment because of his patience, extended puck control on the offensive end, and team play. We just don't know what ceiling Carlsson has compared to Fantilli (where his elite skating raises his ceiling).

The tiebreaker for me was each prospect playing in playoff situations against tough competition. Fantilli's explosive offense got somewhat muted (other teammates' offense stood out in those games) whereas Carlsson rose to the top.

I'm not sure I would place a lot of emphasis on Worlds since it's an exhibition of mish mash of players, coaches, and strategies in a small sample compared to the season long work put in by each prospect with their respective teams.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Carlsson plays a great game, but Fantilli is a better fit for what we should be building. He has much more "wow" in his game, something this club desperately needs. Size, hands, IQ, compete level--and probably most importantly for this org--FINISH! We need guys to put the puck in the net, and Fantilli should do that much more than Carlsson, especially if he can improve his accuracy.
Fantilli and McTavish will be the Ducks only forwards with elite shots and 1 timers. Carlsson would be another Zegras/Terry playmaker except he's big though. Needed another shot like McT and Need someone other than Lundestrom that extremely fast.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
What do people see Fantilli's point potential as? from what i've read/watched of him, I'd say he has 40/40 potential with the possibility of even more.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Oct 18, 2011
Fantilli and McTavish will be the Ducks only forwards with elite shots and 1 timers. Carlsson would be another Zegras/Terry playmaker except he's big though. Needed another shot like McT and Need someone other than Lundestrom that extremely fast.
this also makes sense to me

pair one of Fantilli/McTavish with 1 of Zegras/Terry

this is a critical draft, Anaheim needs to find some forwards that will be able to play with these guys, 6 top 86 picks I wouldn't have a problem going all forwards. There's plenty of organizational depth on defense.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
this also makes sense to me

pair one of Fantilli/McTavish with 1 of Zegras/Terry

this is a critical draft, Anaheim needs to find some forwards that will be able to play with these guys, 6 top 86 picks I wouldn't have a problem going all forwards. There's plenty of organizational depth on defense.

I'd try to keep Fantilli and Terry apart b/c they're essentially similar type players. Terry was playing a lot of Hero Puck this season, especially with McTavish centering him. Terry has better chemistry with Zegras.

Fantilli-Zegras-Terry
Rico-McTavish-Vatrano

This is the best compromise I can do.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
What do people see Fantilli's point potential as? from what i've read/watched of him, I'd say he has 40/40 potential with the possibility of even more.
I think if scoring keeps going the way it's going he should crack 100+ points at some point in his career, Zegras almost put up 70 points on the dumpster of a team we had this year and Fantilli is a much higher-rated prospect than Zegras was and should have a much better supporting cast when he's Z's age, I think those two together will be doing some absolutely insane shit and I can't wait to see it, both guys should be PPG players for the majority of their primes with Fantilli putting up the bigger numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad