Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckett

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I would be surprised if we ended up going with Carlsson. Not because he isn't worthy of the pick, but it just feels like Fantilli is the exact type of player Verbeek would want.

I've preffered Carlsson since before the season, but yeah I'd be surprised too.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I would be surprised if we ended up going with Carlsson. Not because he isn't worthy of the pick, but it just feels like Fantilli is the exact type of player Verbeek would want.
That's pretty much what I thought too. But to play devil's advocate, most scouts say the two are awfully close. Factor in the Ducks' success drafting Swedes and maybe it wouldn't be the biggest shock of the draft.

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Would loooove to get musty later on. Would have to trade back into the first.
Musty would be interesting and there is an outside chance he falls to 33. Edstrom would be my guy at 33 if he falls.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
McKenzie's final ranking has Fantilli 2nd. 9/10 scouts voted him #2.
His list always ends up being the most accurate. Thank goodness his list has Fantilli at #2.
How reliable is The Mayor ?
How many average skating centers do the Ducks really need ? McTavish, Zegras, Carlsson.
Out of those 3 Carlsson is the slowest.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDonald19

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Marek and Friedman were emphasizing yetserday how Verbeek likes to do things his own way and they were talking about that in the context of selecting Michkov and Carlsson wouldn't be nearly the splash Michkov would be. Could be just complete anecdote about his personality but maybe not. either way, we'll be getting a great prospect, but there will be the added anticipation which should make it all the more interesting.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I won’t be mad at a carlsson pick…. But I think fantilli has the higher upside…. I think he has more tools that we should be looking for. I feel like taking carlsson is a case of overthinking

Reactions: McDonald19

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'd be pretty shocked if they took carlsson over fantilli. but i wouldn't be mad about it all. just surprised

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The thing about McKenzie's list saying 9 of 10 scouts picked Fantilli for #2 overall is that a lot of other teams scouts have done a lot better with Forwards than the Ducks. I'm betting he interviewed scouts from teams picking top 10. I also wouldn't be surprised if its one of Arizona's scouts that is the 1 out of 10 that went for Carlsson, they like Swedes. They had Soderstrom at #3 in 2019 according to their GM.

Holland, Ritchie, Etem, Steel, Jones.
McTavish, Zegras, Rakell and Palmieri are the 1st round ones that turned out well.
I just hope the Ducks scout isn't that 1 out of 10 scouts that went against the majority.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad