Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Just leaving this here (yes, I am now officially on holidays and have nothing better to do atm):

Trevor Zegras and Jamie Drysdale each have now befriended not only Adam, but Luca Fantilli (the older brother of Adam and not a [professional] hockey player at all) on Instagram and vice versa.

Does this mean anything at all? Probably not, but who knows? Still one f***ing week of uncertainty left.

Last edited:

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Just leaving this here (yes, I am now officially on holidays and have nothing better to do atm):

Trevor Zegras and Jamie Drysdale each have now befriended not only Adam, but Luca Fantilli (the older brother of Adam and not a [professional] hockey player at all) on Instagram and vice versa.

Does this mean anything at all? Probably not, but who knows? Still one f***ing week of uncertainty left.
Fantilli #2 to Anaheim is hereby confirmed. Of course something could come up but this kind of signal usually ends up being quite accurate.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

They are friends. Z trains with Fantilli and I’m sure he has met his brother.

Don’t read into it. Just like Z hanging out with PLD doesn’t mean he wants to go to Anaheim.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Very unlikely Zegras and Drysdale know for sure who Anaheim will select at #2. More likely they are putting 2+2 together and also probably have connections to Fantilli through hockey circles.
To be fair, Zegras claimed that he knew McTavish was going to be the pick in 2021 well ahead of time. I think the insta stuff is probably meaningless but I wouldn’t doubt it if most of the team had a pretty good idea of who the pick will be, they just obviously wouldn’t spoil it.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
To be fair, Zegras claimed that he knew McTavish was going to be the pick in 2021 well ahead of time. I think the insta stuff is probably meaningless but I wouldn’t doubt it if most of the team had a pretty good idea of who the pick will be, they just obviously wouldn’t spoil it.
So he probably does know who they are picking at #2 :)

So here’s a thought. Do they go to commercial next week after Bedard is selected? Lol
YES lmao. They will spend 10 minutes talking about Bedard how he's gonna be the saviour to the Hawks legacy and be their new Patty while their goal song plays in the background so then they have to go to Commercial and when they come back they just briefly mention who Anaheim picked and go onto #3.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

YES lmao. They will spend 10 minutes talking about Bedard how he's gonna be the saviour to the Hawks legacy and be their new Patty while their goal song plays in the background so then they have to go to Commercial and when they come back they just briefly mention who Anaheim picked and go onto #3.

So yeah, " During the break Anaheim picked some dude who will be good for them, anyway moving onto the 3rd selection here is Columbus at the podium"

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Hedging their bets :laugh:

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

And they will mix up the name when announcing our pick. "Anaheim picks Gary Betman from the Windsor Spitfires"

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ignoring geopolitical issues there were several scouts that still picked Fantilli second over Michkov. I'm not sure why HF is questioning Fantilli so much, the scouts really have no problem having him second all things considered.
Other teams fans just don't want to see the Ducks have another franchise big physical center who punishes their players like Getzlaf and on top of that he isn't slow af like Getzlaf. There is no getting away from Fantilli, his speed will get him in position to get his big wrist shot off or land hits.

MacKinnon mixed with Tkachuk is a nightmare for other teams fans.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
This’ll get people in a frenzy: some Michkov to Anaheim speculation to start off today’s 32 Thoughts podcast.

Basically, a source texted Marek that he didn’t like their Anaheim take(I assume that it’ll be Fantilli or Carlsson) and pointed out where Verbeek came from. Yzerman was never afraid to draft Russians and made a shocker in 2019 with Seider, that’s about it. Personally I think that’s flimsy and I think Michkov flies in the face of what Verbeek seemingly wants on multiple fronts, something Friedman and Marek probably wouldn’t notice. But, something to discuss at least, and kind of lines of up with that Montreal trade speculation.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This’ll get people in a frenzy: some Michkov to Anaheim speculation to start off today’s 32 Thoughts podcast.

Basically, a source texted Marek that he didn’t like their Anaheim take(I assume that it’ll be Fantilli or Carlsson) and pointed out where Verbeek came from. Yzerman was never afraid to draft Russians and made a shocker in 2019 with Seider, that’s about it. Personally I think that’s flimsy and I think Michkov flies in the face of what Verbeek seemingly wants on multiple fronts, something Friedman and Marek probably wouldn’t notice. But, something to discuss at least, and kind of lines of up with that Montreal trade speculation.
Yeah Its crazy because Verbeek has said the guys they are looking at #2 are Centers, he mentioned Centers with size, speed and skill. Mitchkov is none of that. Letting one of Fantilli fall to SJ is what should get Verbeek fired. I'd rather have the super skilled Smith or passive playmaker Carlsson than take a chance on Mitchkov.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com

Ya that speculation is as weak as it gets. No substance behind it at all.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Yeah Its crazy because Verbeek has said the guys they are looking at #2 are Centers, he mentioned Centers with size, speed and skill. Mitchkov is none of that. Letting one of Fantilli fall to SJ is what should get Verbeek fired. I'd rather have the super skilled Smith or passive playmaker Carlsson than take a chance on Mitchkov.

Not that I don’t believe it, but when did Verbeek say they are looking at centers at 2?

Reactions: Anaheim4ever
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad