Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft - Part 2 (Who Do You Want To Draft At #2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Do You Want To Draft At #2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anaheim's mockdraft from Pronman...

2. Fantilli-C- NCAA
33. Wahlberg-C-Sweden Jr
59. Ziemmer-F-WHL
60. Clara-G-Sweden Jr
65. Pienemiemi-D-Finland Jr
85. Nehring-RW-MN HS
97. Emerson-RW-USHL
129. Oscarson-C-SHL
161. Poitras-C-USHL

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
It was his post draft lottery interview I believe

I don’t think he says anything about only taking a center. He just answered a question about are centers important. While I think there is virtually no chance we take Michov, I don’t think anything verbeek said commits him to a center.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

2. Fantilli-C- NCAA
33. Wahlberg-C-Sweden Jr
59. Ziemmer-F-WHL
60. Clara-G-Sweden Jr
85. Nehring-RW-MN HS
97. Emerson-RW-USHL
129. Oscarson-C-SHL
161. Poitras-C-USHL
So Mark Wahlberg and Hans Zimmer are winning Oscars soon.

Reactions: Leonardo87

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I know that this forum is about the Ducks' pick at #2 (I think it will be Fantilli), but personally I think Bedard is going to struggle early on with the Blackhawks. He has a great shot but he's never faced NHL goalies or tried to create space for his shot against NHL dmen either. There's not a lot of talent around him so who is going to feed him the puck when the other team focuses on him ? His coronation as the next generational talent is a little premature.

He probably wishes the Ducks won the lottery :nod:
Agreed. Plus Bedard is undersized at 5’10 on a good day. It’s not going to be easy for him on a terrible team at 18 years old.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I don’t think he says anything about only taking a center. He just answered a question about are centers important. While I think there is virtually no chance we take Michov, I don’t think anything verbeek said commits him to a center.
I believe there were multiple videos where he told that.

One is here, starting at 1:55 but I think there were more of these where he was even more explicit:

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
I still see it as an absolute toss up between Fantilli and Carlsson.

However, If we do go with Carlsson, I hope we can sign someone like Tyler Bertuzzi who can bring in some of the much needed sandpaper and fight that Fantilli would add. I think that would mitigate some of the "draft Fantilli because he fits our needs better" arguments.
True, but Bertuzzi is 28 and injury prone. I do hope we add some grit through free agency, but we also need to be adding it in the draft. That’s why Fantilli is the easy choice for me.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Agreed. Plus Bedard is undersized at 5’10 on a good day. It’s not going to be easy for him on a terrible team at 18 years old.
Last time Ducks picked an undersized WHL forward was Steel I think. I was on the Steel hype train after he destroyed WHL teams after he returned to WHL.
Small and not fast seemed to hurt him in NHL.

Last edited:

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

2. Fantilli-C- NCAA
33. Wahlberg-C-Sweden Jr
59. Ziemmer-F-WHL
60. Clara-G-Sweden Jr
85. Nehring-RW-MN HS
97. Emerson-RW-USHL
129. Oscarson-C-SHL
161. Poitras-C-USHL
I'd be pretty happy if things broke that way on draft day. Wahlberg is an interesting prospect.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Can you summarize the Ducks' picks for those of us who don't have an Athletic subscription ? :)
2. Anaheim Ducks: Adam Fantilli, C, Michigan (BIG10)

With a week to go until the draft I don’t think there’s a ton of clarity in the league on who goes second overall. Half the people in the NHL think it will be Fantilli, half the league thinks it will be Leo Carlsson. It’s considered very close between the two players with a lot of teams, but I think at the end of the day everything Fantilli is as a player will win out and make him the selection.

Everything past the 1st round is just the player, no writeup.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd be pretty happy if things broke that way on draft day. Wahlberg is an interesting prospect.

Will be exciting next week, will have several new threads, to scout players and discuss the picks we make. The biggest one putting the Fantilli/Carlsson debate to bed. Lol.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

2. Fantilli-C- NCAA
33. Wahlberg-C-Sweden Jr
59. Ziemmer-F-WHL
60. Clara-G-Sweden Jr
85. Nehring-RW-MN HS
97. Emerson-RW-USHL
129. Oscarson-C-SHL
161. Poitras-C-USHL
Pitt getting Zach Benson at 14( if we find a trade for that pick and benson is there... that would be really nice)

Some pretty good picks us.

Wahlberg prob a bit of a reach (but seems like a smart reach)
Ziemmer seems like a bit of a steal at 59.

I dont really like the pick at 65(would 100% go Perron if he is there)... I get hes undersized... but at that point in the draft you already grabbed 3 forwards that are 6'2+... take the skill. That being said... i dont think Perron is on the board at 65

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Pitt getting Zach Benson at 14( if we find a trade for that pick and benson is there... that would be really nice)

Some pretty good picks us.

Wahlberg prob a bit of a reach
Ziemmer seems like a bit of a steal at 59.

I dont really like the pick at 65(would 100% go Perron if he is there)... I get hes undersized... but at that point in the draft you already grabbed 3 forwards that are 6'2+... take the skill. That being said... i dont think Perron is on the board at 65

Insane. Benson should closer to fighting for 4/5 with Smith then to being 14th.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I don't even technically believe the Michkov rumors but I'm pissed off regardless and cannot wait for the draft to see who we really pick

Oct 18, 2011
So yeah, " During the break Anaheim picked some dude who will be good for them, anyway moving onto the 3rd selection here is Columbus at the podium"
It will be the Jokic pick of hockey

This’ll get people in a frenzy: some Michkov to Anaheim speculation to start off today’s 32 Thoughts podcast.

Basically, a source texted Marek that he didn’t like their Anaheim take(I assume that it’ll be Fantilli or Carlsson) and pointed out where Verbeek came from. Yzerman was never afraid to draft Russians and made a shocker in 2019 with Seider, that’s about it. Personally I think that’s flimsy and I think Michkov flies in the face of what Verbeek seemingly wants on multiple fronts, something Friedman and Marek probably wouldn’t notice. But, something to discuss at least, and kind of lines of up with that Montreal trade speculation.
If you want to pick him then you trade down. The political and contract situation absolutely impacts his draft value no matter how good he might be

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

Johnnyduck

Aug 24, 2010
Newport Beach
I believe there were multiple videos where he told that.

One is here, starting at 1:55 but I think there were more of these where he was even more explicit:

fwiw, I just typed in "Anaheim scouts michigan" and learned we have 2 scouts in the Ann Arbour/Detroit area. I was prompted to do this because GMPV kinda emphasized in that interview how well they know this player. Maybe its irrelevant (I really don't know how scouts are dispersed amongst regions) but one has to think with two scouts in Fantillis backyard the knowledge we have on him must be aplenty.
Also I couldve sworn I watched a Q&A with Verbeek that occured right after the Cronin announcement where he said "We have a pretty good idea who were taking" as if the decisions been made for a while now given nothing crazy has happened.

Reactions: Kalv

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
fwiw, I just typed in "Anaheim scouts michigan" and learned we have 2 scouts in the Ann Arbour/Detroit area. I was prompted to do this because GMPV kinda emphasized in that interview how well they know this player. Maybe its irrelevant (I really don't know how scouts are dispersed amongst regions) but one has to think with two scouts in Fantillis backyard the knowledge we have on him must be aplenty.
Also I couldve sworn I watched a Q&A with Verbeek that occured right after the Cronin announcement where he said "We have a pretty good idea who were taking" as if the decisions been made for a while now given nothing crazy has happened.
Yeah, Alexis asked him if he knew at that point who he was taking, and he said “yeah I think so” with a smirk.

Reactions: Johnnyduck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad