2023 Free Agency/UFA Targets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I thought that was a joke...I read on twitter that a guy said breaking news, after lifting up the cup, stone is going back on ltir. The team expects a full recovery in time for the 2024 playoffs.
I want to say it was Weekes or Friedman. I'll have to try and find it.

Apparently it was Friedman:
[Jack Manning] Elliotte Friedman says on 32 Thoughts that Stone remains legitimately and seriously injured and that he is likely to be in and out of the lineup for the remainder of his career.

And that was after the cup win.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Didn't someone already report that Stone is legitimately injured and unlikely to fully recover? Ie play enough games to get loose then LTIR city...

I forgot about that. And there's the money.

I'll cry a bit on the inside if they get Kane and Tarasenko.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I want to say it was Weekes or Friedman. I'll have to try and find it.

Apparently it was Friedman:
[Jack Manning] Elliotte Friedman says on 32 Thoughts that Stone remains legitimately and seriously injured and that he is likely to be in and out of the lineup for the remainder of his career.

And that was after the cup win.
But if he is in and out of the lineup for rest of his career, then he can't really be on LTIR no? Wouldn't that be like the definition of cap circumvention? Even if it wasn't...they would have to keep clearing cap space for him to come back during the regular season.

Reactions: rangersblues

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
But if he is in and out of the lineup for rest of his career, then he can't really be on LTIR no? Wouldn't that be like the definition of cap circumvention? Even if it wasn't...they would have to keep clearing cap space for him to come back during the regular season.
*Shrug*

This might need to be a situation the league closely investigates. And a bit closer than Hossa's magic rash that became unbearable when his paychecks no longer reflected his AAV...

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
*Shrug*

This might need to be a situation the league closely investigates. And a bit closer than Hossa's magic rash that became unbearable when his paychecks no longer reflected his AAV...
I can only assume they would but who knows. They did come out this past season towards the end that they would start to give a shi*

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
The NHL will do whatever is necessary for VGK to stay relevant since ARI is an abject failure of a team and the owners insist on pushing hockey in the SW.

It's the same reason the Florida tax advantage will never be addressed and why TBL were allowed to blatantly circumvent the cap.

Gary Bettman will personally kneecap Stone and force him to LTIR if necessary.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
So are we all totally against signing UFA Duchene?????

Right wing, probably on our what 2nd line?

Ras - Copp - Duchene?

86 points two years ago and 50+ points last year on a bad team

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Blake Wheeler and Matt Duchene were bought out today. I know some here are apprehensive about Wheeler. Any thoughts on Duchene?
Honestly, I am pretty intrigued.

He is going to get his money from the buyout, so he could be had for cheap. That is one reason I think he wont come here because he could go to a contender (that wants him) for pretty cheap.

Or he comes to us like a Bobby Ryan type and we try to flip him at the deadline on his 1 or 2 year contract?

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I have interest in Duchene, but does Duchene have interest in playing for a non-playoff team in the Midwest? Idk, feel like he’ll have more attractive suitors, unless you’re comfortable beating any offer. Wouldn’t mind an overpay if you can keep the term short enough, but you usually can’t.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I have interest in Duchene, but does Duchene have interest in playing for a non-playoff team in the Midwest? Idk, feel like he’ll have more attractive suitors, unless you’re comfortable beating any offer. Wouldn’t mind an overpay if you can keep the term short enough.
He probably would have more attractive suitors, or we would tell him to come here and play very well to get flipped to a team at the deadline of his choosing or a list of 5 teams he would want to be traded to, then hope at least one of them would want him.

Kane is obviously the better player, but he requested the rangers and the rangers only and they found a way to get it done. Circumstances are a little different I get it, but the premise is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad