2023 Free Agency/UFA Targets

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Wow, I hadn't heard about this.

In that article it says this at the end

However, the doctors were unable to reattach the tip, so instead, they attached a nail and a pin to help the two broken bones heal. Due to no damage being done to his tendons, they expect Duchene to make a full recovery, and he could be back on the ice for activity come June.

If that is the case, I don't think his offensive production would take a hit. Maybe him trying to block shots from teammates may give him vietnam flashbacks but that might be about it.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I'm sure in this massive thread its been touched on, but Yzerman interviewing about the Klimdros trade said hes tough basically, and they want to add more of that.

Austin Watson is a hometown guy and decent hockey player. I bet they try to bring him home. Hathaway maybe an option too

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I think it would be kind of funny to run it back to 2017 and get both Nyquist and Tatar as free agents.

I'd laugh about it for a day and then I'd crawl up in a ball of self loathing and hatred for the rest of the season. But it would be funny for a minute.

I'm sure in this massive thread its been touched on, but Yzerman interviewing about the Klimdros trade said hes tough basically, and they want to add more of that.

Austin Watson is a hometown guy and decent hockey player. I bet they try to bring him home. Hathaway maybe an option too

Yes to them. And to clear roster spots send Veleno and Zadina to Ottawa in the DeBrincat trade.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

We are getting bigger and tougher, this is like Tyler Wright's grand vision at 2017.

Xxxxx - Larkin 6'1 - x
Ras 6'6 - Copp 6'1 - x
Elmer 6'8 - Danielson 6'1 - x
Kostin 6'4 - Kasper 6'1 - x

• Haha
Reactions: Ricelund

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario

Klimdross… I like it.

Some off ice baggage with Austin Watson (plead guilty to Domestic and went to rehab), doubt we would look at him.

Maybe Hathaway or someone else like that.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
im all for this
I've given up on the Wings doing anything this off-season.

If OTT didn't trade DeBrincat for a '23 first, they have no impetus to trade him, and with a real C this season he may score 40 again and then he'll command multiple firsts at the deadline and/or a 9+ million deal and the Wings will never do that.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
kubalik - Larkin - Debrincat
Duchene
- Copp - Raymond

That's eons better than what we have now for a top 6.
fixed. Perron should be traded to Ott because that vet leadership experience would be great for such a talented young team right? am I right?

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
I don't want Copp at center, he played much better in NY at wing. I'm going to keep beating my Pierre Engvall drum. I think he fits the size and heavier game we are going to play. Given 15 minutes a game at 3C and he's a 40-50 point player with 20 plus goals. Down the middle 2023:

Duchene(or ??)/Larkin/Raymond
Copp/Kasper/Perron
Kubs/Engvall/Ras
Soder/Klim/Berggren
extra- Veleno, Fabs, Z

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
I don't want Copp at center, he played much better in NY at wing. I'm going to keep beating my Pierre Engvall drum. I think he fits the size and heavier game we are going to play. Given 15 minutes a game at 3C and he's a 40-50 point player with 20 plus goals. Down the middle 2023:

Copp/Kasper/Perron
Kubs/Engvall/Ras
Soder/Klim/Berggren
extra- Veleno, Fabs, Z
If we stick Copp at wing than I think he looks great with Larkin and Raymond

And not to be a Debbie downer but Eng and Klim rarely play center so that’s a no go.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
We are getting bigger and tougher, this is like Tyler Wright's grand vision at 2017.

Xxxxx - Larkin 6'1 - x
Ras 6'6 - Copp 6'1 - x
Elmer 6'8 - Danielson 6'1 - x
Kostin 6'4 - Kasper 6'1 - x

Why is Kasper on the 4th line and Copp on the 2nd?

People seriously underselling this kid on this board.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

Copp/Kasper/Perron
Kubs/Engvall/Ras
Soder/Klim/Berggren
extra- Veleno, Fabs, Z
copp kasper perron would be such a terrible line, especially on the second. ugh.

I agree, copp would probably be a better winger, but to start the season, I would ease Kasper into the center role on the 3rd line and have him earn the 2nd line by outperforming his center duties than copp. Then I would move copp to wing on the second, in the beginning, to bail out kasper against higher-end talent. Then move him down to third line C.

Copp has a greater number of functional kneecaps at the moment.
Did Motor City Dan Campball get to him?!?!?!?

MCDC needs to settle down and go for the players outside of the Detroit area. Geeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad