Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
More than a specific number of point. I want to see him dominate possession and excel in transition. He needs to show the ability to be a good 2C behind Suzuki for the bulk of the season. That also involves good offensive production.
Exactly. But I think that if he plays like he did in training camp and the first two games of last year, the points will come easily.

Reactions: Jaynki

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You can see his potential, if he stays healthy he will be a huge asset.
The Habs have basically added 2 highly skilled players in their top 6 over the summer!
The only question for me is will their styles mesh.
I think I prefer Kirby in possession to Laine who also likes to possess the puck.

Reactions: BLONG7 and Tyson

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The only question for me is will their styles mesh.
I think I prefer Kirby in possession to Laine who also likes to possess the puck.
Laine has a history of success with RHCs feeding him the puck. I imagine newhook will be the puck fetcher and Dachs job will be getting it to Laine. PL is definitely the focus of that lines deployment. I don't think there will be difficulty in that way

Reactions: BLONG7

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
In that dropping the gloves interview Kirby talks about after he'd been hurt how he was asked to start hanging out with the coaches, showing up at 7am and being there all day with Marty and the boys. He said he learned a lot about and started to see the game from a different perspective.

That for me shows how forward thinking the organization is under the new staff. The old dinosaurs would never allow that, in fact John Scott even says that when he played hurt players weren't allowed to see or be around the team, they'd literally kick you out of the room. I'm willing to bet theres plenty of those dinosaurs still roaming around NHL dressing rooms. I'm very happy that it isn't in Montreal.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
In that dropping the gloves interview Kirby talks about after he'd been hurt how he was asked to start hanging out with the coaches, showing up at 7am and being there all day with Marty and the boys. He said he learned a lot about and started to see the game from a different perspective.

So Dach spent the bulk of last season sort of imbedded with the coaching staff behind the scenes?

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
So Dach spent the bulk of last season sort of imbedded with the coaching staff behind the scenes?

He said he didn't travel with the team so he wasn't with them when they were on the road, but when they were home it sounds like he was with the coaches all day long.

vayrynen

May 15, 2023
You have to take into consideration that he'll be the 2nd line center and is unlikely to play on the first PP. It's very hard to do more than 70 points as a 2nd line center unless you play on the first PP. So a season with 55 to 65 points (in 75+ games) for me would be a good season. Basically a Monahan like season.

41 players reached 50 points even strength last season, and it's pretty hard to get 10 points on 2nd PP unit. 55p is very good, 65p is excellent. Monahan got 17 points even strength in 49 games.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal

That for me shows how forward thinking the organization is under the new staff. The old dinosaurs would never allow that, in fact John Scott even says that when he played hurt players weren't allowed to see or be around the team, they'd literally kick you out of the room. I'm willing to bet theres plenty of those dinosaurs still roaming around NHL dressing rooms. I'm very happy that it isn't in Montreal.
I would have love to see those midget try and kick John Scott out of the room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad