Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Nothing matters if Makar isn’t healthy.
It wouldn’t surprise me to hear about him having surgery or a procedure done.

It would be absolutely crushing to have both your captain and your Norris and Conn Smythe winner out long term during this cores contending years.

The quote about his issue not getting better is extremely concerning.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If Bednar could show some self-control and not play Makar as much that'd help with Cale's health on the long run.

Not like he had much of a choice with Toews shitting the bed to start last season and both Manson and Byram essentially missing most of the regular season.

The one area where I think he's overplaying Cale is on the PK. His system is still way, way too reliant on a defenseman having to skate quickly into the corners to scoop up loose pucks, in fact this "diamond" formation they use now might actually pull the d-men farther away from the corners than before. If he could just implement a system akin to what teams like Seattle and Dallas do where the everything is way more aggressive and spread out, they could use some of their depth guys and not have to rely on Makar/Toews so much.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Lmao, ya’ll are so paranoid.

Are they even missing anyone right now? If Makar was actually in a bad way, he wouldn’t be ramping up for the season.

Reactions: Vk1ing

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great news about Holland. I mean, good for him that he gets some type of offer to continue his career but selfishly I'm glad it won't be an NHL one.

Also glad to hear of the praise for guys like Ivan, Pavel, and Jedlicka.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ivan Squared wasn't ever going to make the team out of this camp, the true question is if he deserved enough for an ELC? To me, he has, however, the Avs already have him on an AHL deal so I guess they'll take advantage of that and see if he warrants an ELC for next season.

Like what did Bednar expect with that roster? A hockey novice would've understood that for whatever NHL-level player he becomes, he ain't going to lead as a top 6 centre for any club.

thedoctor

                    
Aug 28, 2007
so it's down to Pavel, Meyers, and Olofsson for 4C?

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Avs management looking at the backup goalie position:

IMG_4293.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad