Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Olofsson will be the 4C to start the season. Bedsy just isn't a Meyers fan.
Rightfully so. Meyers stinks at the NHL level. AAAA player who will probably find a way to put up ~20-25 point seasons for a different NHL team if he's given middle six and PP2 minutes, but that team will have to be REALLY bad to play him in that role.

No future for him on this club in a bottom six role, especially on the 4th line.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

I'm willing to bet that Pavel is the 4C once he gets healthy

I had a feeling Pavel was about to take the 4C job and run with it. He fits the 4C mold perfectly with his size, skating, motor, work ethic, and PK and faceoff ability. Sounds like Bednar thought he might too. Disappointing for him.

This verbiage on the "nature of his injury" and not wanting to aggravate it also reinforces my suspicion that he might have another Avalanche groin injury. Possibly the same with Kuzun's "lower body injury" too.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm fine with that, what I don't like is cementing Rantanen to that line, and not a guy that can play some defense and win behind the net like Nuke or Lehky, and then putting two grinders with RyJo, and 3 shooters together on the 3rd line.

This, what in the flying f*** is Bednar thinking going with that. Litterally everyone everywhere can see Nuke & Lehky on the same line is stupidity.

Bednar wants Mikko with Mack that damn bad? Mikko is just as lazy as Drouin defensively at times lol.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
My favorite part of training camp is Bednar saying Drouin isn't guaranteed to play with MacKinnon then immediately cementing Drouin to MacKinnon.
You gotta keep Mack happy and I assume he would love to play with Drouin.

I agree on all fronts. Drouin's best chance at success is to be glued to MacKinnon all season, they know this.

Meanwhile the second line badly needs a player of Rantanen's caliber.

I think we see a shuffle within a few weeks of the regular season

Drouin - MacKinnon - Nuke
Lehkonen - RyJo - Rantanen

I could see RyJo and Rantanen doing some damage together.
I like this lineup way more. Drouin and MacK should bring enough offense itself. Also Nuke and Lehkonen balance their line by playing great defense.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
You gotta keep Mack happy and I assume he would love to play with Drouin.

I like this lineup way more. Drouin and MacK should bring enough offense itself. Also Nuke and Lehkonen balance their line by playing great defense.

Scenarios with Rantanen together with Lehkonen work. Maybe I’m biased in seeing Lehkonen more on the left side?

But either of these work:

Lehkonen - MacKinnonen - Rantanen
Drouin - Johansen - Nichushkin

Drouin - MacKinnon - Nichushkin
Lehkonen - Johansenen - Rantanen

The obvious caveat is Drouin holds up his end.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
If/when Drouin dookies the bed, Tatar will just take his place in the top-6
1696107973741.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad