Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I would agree, more opportunity to further expand his role and ideally grow into a more well rounded player.
It's a shame they sent him down so early though. He probably could have benefitted from getting a bit more experience against NHL'ers this week. I guess coached want to give more ice to others though.

Last edited:

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
They also sent Hanzel and Weinstein back to the WHL...man I really thought that they'd sign Hanzel and have him turn pro. Not real sure what else there is for him to prove at the WHL level.
Bednar said he wants him to become more assertive so being the #1 there will help or #2 behind Korchinski

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This will be a big game for Tufte and OO. They need to show that their success last game wasn't a fluke, and that they can play that way consistently.

Maybe even bigger game for Malinksi because he wasn't that good last game, so if he wants to have any shot at making the team he needs to have a stand out game. Might have to be a one man band out there though. Not a lot of high end talent on tonight's roster.

I'm hoping Smallman can have another good game, playing that 4th line NHL style of causing some havoc around the net, and finishing his checks hard. I liked his last game.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the increase in broadcasted pre-season games for the Avs. This feels like the most we've ever had.

Seems like we'd have one or two at most in prior years at the end of pre-season, and they've already shown the first two. This one's probably on Minny for not providing cameras or the jumbotron feed.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I thought Malinski had a Bobby Orr end to end rush which Meyers couldn’t score to tie the game late?

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I have a feeling Clurman would have the inside track, as he should.
I don't think any who played tonight other than JJ, Dermy, Hunt and Annunen are in good favor with Bednar. This seemed like a lineup chosen to see what his lower tier guys could bring. I expect everyone, except the ones I listed plus Meyers and the PTO guys to hit the chopping block the next round of cuts.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Time for our favourite time of the year

remove-cut-him.gif

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I don't think any who played tonight other than JJ, Dermy, Hunt and Annunen are in good favor with Bednar. This seemed like a lineup chosen to see what his lower tier guys could bring. I expect everyone, except the ones I listed plus Meyers and the PTO guys to hit the chopping block the next round of cuts.
How about Olausson? I was surprised to see he had the most ice time yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad