Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Chalk me up as another guy who doesn't want Drouin in the bumper position.
Even forgetting the more taxing it is on the body to play the bumper, the bumper guy gets many touches on the puck, but those touches are one-touch. The bumper guy is there to bounce pucks off of, to be a distraction in the slot, and to one-time shots.

I dont think Drouin is going to play PP1 unless of injuries, but on that 1st unit, his best spot is at the goalline, moving from one side of the net to the other. From there, he can send pucks back to his half-wall guys (Mack or Rants), he can hit the bumper guy for a 1-timer or go back to Makar.

Its the spot that makes most use of his playmaking without requiring a quality shot.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not that I care, but Avs brass with Bednar mentioned getting at least one preseason game for everyone, but I guess that doesn't include Miner...

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I mean, it's preseason, but I'm still confused why, after making it pretty damned public that MacDermid would be deployed as a forward, is he back on defense!?

He's just listed there, they did that last game too. There are (6) defensemen dressed:

Johnson/Clurman
Aamodt/Hunt
Middleton/Malinski

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I mean, it's preseason, but I'm still confused why, after making it pretty damned public that MacDermid would be deployed as a forward, is he back on defense!?
He'll play forward like he did last time. They just haven't updated his position in their system for some reason.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad