Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
He's kinda been hurt his whole career. :laugh:
OK, that's pretty funny.

But seriously, outside of the obvious bad ones, what injury lingers for 5 months? Did he not get treatment on the damn thing after the season?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

I'll never understand Bednar's love for Toews on the PP. I would play both Byram and Girard over him on PP1.

Toews is a more refined PP QB at this point. Smoother, quicker decisions, better decisions, more accurate shot.... it makes sense. I'd like to see Byram get more runs in the preseason to get more reps and PP2 QB duties at times in the regular season to work on it. I think he has more upside than Toews in that roles, but it just isn't there quite yet.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
OK, that's pretty funny.

But seriously, outside of the obvious bad ones, what injury lingers for 5 months? Did he not get treatment on the damn thing after the season?
This is a pure guess... but my first thought is a hip injury where they don't want to open up the joint. Like a fairly severe labral tear, but went the route of rest vs surgery.

Reactions: AvsGuy

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
This is a pure guess... but my first thought is a hip injury where they don't want to open up the joint. Like a fairly severe labral tear, but went the route of rest vs surgery.
I have a partial labral tear in my hip.

Rest hasn’t fixed it. As soon as I start to stress it, it’ll be pain comes back.
I already can no longer play as a goaltender or the risk of full tear is high.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

Rest hasn’t fixed it. As soon as I start to stress it, it’ll be pain comes back.
Yup... the tear there doesn't really go away so much as the body gets used to it and eventually if you stress it enough it will require surgery eventually. If that is the case, they are just delaying the inevitable.

****Again, just a pure guess on his injury. Not saying that is the case***

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

Rest hasn’t fixed it. As soon as I start tos stress it, it’ll be pain comes back.
took me over a year for a partial meniscus tear but eventually pretty much good as new, after I went to the doctor and they fed the bullshit I just went the way of fixing it myself which is pretty much what you have to do in Canada anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad