Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If Hanzel deserves to be signed to play in the pro's, how do you go about making room?

The AHL blue line is looking pretty crowded already.

Toews - Makar
Byram - Manson
Girard - JJ
Hunt

Schume - Malinski
Ahcan - Clurman
Middleton - Fairbrother
Aamodt
Just wait. The Eagles used 18 defensemen last season. 9 played 24 or more games. Somebody (including Hanzel) may have to go to Salt Lake for a few weeks, but really, we are talking about 8 or 9 guys getting 30+ games there. 6-7 probably 50+. Ending up with 15/16 D under contract isn't a big deal.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Nichushkin, Olofsson, Tufte. Really makes me wonder how we didn't sign Gurianov this summer.
You gotta save somebody for next season.

(It is kinda funny for as much shit as gets thrown towards Dallas, we sure like their cast offs)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Yes, the new NHL app is awful to a solution where the old one wasn't even broken.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Oh I'd argue the NHL app was broken before... but this update is more like "But what if we made it worse?"
I should've specifically mentioned the score section. I am not saying it wasn't broken, but the score section was brilliant on the old one yet they absolutely destroyed it with this new version. I simply don't think the NHL understands what's going on with their connection with the fans.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The app literally won’t function on my iPad now. The website version is garbage. Where the hell are the game sheets? I guess we don’t get those anymore. I’d deeply question if the data can be scraped correctly for analytics too. Some of us need this info readily available for content. It’s pretty much a disaster.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
The app literally won’t function on my iPad now. The website version is garbage. Where the hell are the game sheets? I guess we don’t get those anymore. I’d deeply question if the data can be scraped correctly for analytics too. Some of us need this info readily available for content. It’s pretty much a disaster.
It's the same app as the MLB app. Both are pretty useless. You have to go into settings and tell it you want to see the scores, and the Avs as your home screen.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yes, the new NHL app is awful to a solution where the old one wasn't even broken.

That makes sense now. I thought something was wrong on my end with my app but I guess not. I underestimated the NHL's ability to make an already iffy app less functionable.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'd expect people to hate it if he was the extra D, but Clurman has flashed 2 camps in a row now. He really settled nicely into a top 4 AHL role last year. Plays a steady game, has size, can skate, and can play physical... also about as good of kid as you can expect. He's also completely unafraid to just fire the puck from the point. The shot isn't amazing, but he's like a Carolina defensemen at times. :laugh:

I'm rooting for the kid. He's not an impact sort of guy, but would be awesome to see him get NHL games.
I remember when he got drafted there was some decent positivity with the pick for a 7th(?) rounder. I mean the fact he’s even flirting with being an NHL player is great news considering our draft history.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If you have a son and a daughter, can you name your daughter Fairbrother too or do you have to name her Fairsister?

Reactions: Nihiliste

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I'd expect people to hate it if he was the extra D, but Clurman has flashed 2 camps in a row now. He really settled nicely into a top 4 AHL role last year. Plays a steady game, has size, can skate, and can play physical... also about as good of kid as you can expect. He's also completely unafraid to just fire the puck from the point. The shot isn't amazing, but he's like a Carolina defensemen at times. :laugh:

I'm rooting for the kid. He's not an impact sort of guy, but would be awesome to see him get NHL games.

If he could be what Dan Renouf was for us in 2020-2021, I’d be happy with that. The Avs had a lot of injuries on D that year and the AHL guys held their own.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad