Pre-Game Talk: 2023/24 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Ivan Ivan reminds me of a Compher type who is just versatile and good all around.

1695088982691.gif

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
How do the broadcast teams work for this rookie showcase? Pretty sure every game has been covered by the other team's broadcast team.
The Avs would have their own feed if they had their own announcer covering it, which would have been the Eagles guy Kevin McGlue. All these teams used their AHL announcers. Clearly the Avs had no desire to put in an ounce of effort. No interviews, no recaps, no videos or highlights on the website. They didn’t even tweet the goals today. Just sad.

We’ll see if anyone gets a contract out of this, I doubt it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

This illustrates how hard it is to counter narratives online.

Manson adjusting something under his pads fits a narrative, so it spawns tweets, articles, and 100+ posts about him being injured and how worthless he is.

The correction comes out confirming what should have been the first assumption, that he's just easing his way back in before camp after ankle surgery, and there's barely a peep about it.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Let´s be honest: Does anyone really believe Franky stays healthy?
Franky goes to Hospital.

This illustrates how hard it is to counter narratives online.

Manson adjusting something under his pads fits a narrative, so it spawns tweets, articles, and 100+ posts about him being injured and how worthless he is.

The correction comes out confirming what should have been the first assumption, that he's just easing his way back in before camp after ankle surgery, and there's barely a peep about it.
We are panicky as a fan base because we get no news.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Just give Ivan² a contact already, the kid wants it bad.
They definitely should sign the kid. They could do a lot worse (and seemingly do on a yearly basis) with some of the *shitters* they've had in the AHL.

He won't wow you with an amazing skillset but he's a solid prospect that should be worth a contract over a lot of the guys they currently have with the Eagles.

With a couple of years of development, who knows what he can turn into. Probably nothing but I think he has a chance as a replacement utility player.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
They definitely should sign the kid. They could do a lot worse (and seemingly do on a yearly basis) with some of the *shitters* they've had in the AHL.

He won't wow you with an amazing skillset but he's a solid prospect that should be worth a contract over a lot of the guys they currently have with the Eagles.

With a couple of years of development, who knows what he can turn into. Probably nothing but I think he has a chance as a replacement utility player.
Best case scenario we get a future versatile 4th liner who skates like the team needs and kills penalties. Worst case scenario that's what the Eagles get. I like the kid hope he sticks around. He's no worse than Beaucage who skates like he's underwater.

Reactions: MarkT

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017

What are we thinking here? Will he go with some variation of "it was a legal issue so I'm advised to not comment", even though there really wasn't any legal stuff? Maybe "it's in the past and I'm just looking forward"? Will he tell them to go **** themselves and refer them to the pic with the gun? Anything is possible here.

I know everyone is joking around about this, but I'd like to hear something like this:

"I know the fans want to know what happened, and they certainly deserve to, but it's not something I can talk about unfortunately. I just want to say I've long since apologized to my teammates and want to do the same now to the fans. I'm sorry I let down the team when they needed me most. I promise that this year my focus is purely on hockey and you won't be hearing any more stories like this about me. That is all I want to say about the situation, and I hope everyone will respect my privacy and we can move on to talk about this upcoming season. We're all laser-focused on bringing another cup to Denver, and nothing is going to stand in our way this year."

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Every time the Avs have good prospects in these things they get rocked. Figures the year they don't have anyone worth a damn they go undefeated.
It actually makes sense. In exhibition games where nothing is really on the line, players guaranteed a spot are usually going to get outworked by guys literally playing for the chance to have a hockey career.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I know everyone is joking around about this, but I'd like to hear something like this:

"I know the fans want to know what happened, and they certainly deserve to, but it's not something I can talk about unfortunately. I just want to say I've long since apologized to my teammates and want to do the same now to the fans. I'm sorry I let down the team when they needed me most. I promise that this year my focus is purely on hockey and you won't be hearing any more stories like this about me. That is all I want to say about the situation, and I hope everyone will respect my privacy and we can move on to talk about this upcoming season. We're all laser-focused on bringing another cup to Denver, and nothing is going to stand in our way this year."
Why the f*** you'd "like" to not know what happened? He was seen on Instagram chilling in Russia not long after leaving the team. That alone rules out a lot of possibilities, such as entering the player assistance program.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Why the f*** you'd "like" to not know what happened? He was seen on Instagram chilling in Russia not long after leaving the team. That alone rules out a lot of possibilities, such as entering the player assistance program.
Because I don't think it helps anyone to hear that Nuke was with an illegally imported Russian prostitute that night.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't want to hear anything. For me, it's better to let the sleeping dogs lie. But, I fear that eventually something might turn up and it will be a distraction because it hasn't been properly addressed before. It's a shitshow waiting in the darkness. Maybe it comes, maybe it won't. But if it does, I feel Nuke and the organization will regret if they haven't said anything.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't want to hear anything. For me, it's better to let the sleeping dogs lie. But, I fear that eventually something might turn up and it will be a distraction because it hasn't been properly addressed before. It's a shitshow waiting in the darkness. Maybe it comes, maybe it won't. But if it does, I feel Nuke and the organization will regret if they haven't said anything.
Say what happened and move on. The NHL knows what happened and didn't think it was warrant a suspension.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I don't expect that we'll hear anything of substance, however what is important is that Nichushkin gets on the same page with his teammates. I think there were some rumors that things weren't great between him and some others after he left.

If he shows up and is in the right mindset to help them win, that goes a long way toward repairing any potential damage that might've happened to his relationship with the team. At this point, I think amongst us EXTREMELY ONLINE fans, the cat's out of the bag w/ Nuke. From my perspective he appears to like to party, it certainly sounds like some substances were used (possibly borderline abused) that I wouldn't engage in. I wish he'd get help because his post-hockey life is going to be rough if he's got any sort of addiction, but if he's not going to then he has to keep his stuff in check.

Show up, do your job, and help the team win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad