Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Maybe we can get CGY and another team to retain on Z so he fits under the cap better. Last year on his contract so it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Yup absolute no brainer right now that you go 100% in for Patty Kane. Lehkonen out long term, Drouin belonging in the ECHL and Tatar being our new Tyler Arnason.

You have to make this move and promose him that he gets to play on the 1st line with Mack and Rantanen.
The thing with Kane is that I’m not sure his style helps us best tenacious teams like Seattle and Vegas. Not saying we need talentless goons but guys who can hit forecheck , make the other team aware it isn’t just Mack’s line they need to stop . Easier said than done for sure .

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The thing with Kane is that I’m not sure his style helps us best tenacious teams like Seattle and Vegas. Not saying we need talentless goons but guys who can hit forecheck , make the other team aware it isn’t just Mack’s line they need to stop . Easier said than done for sure .

Yeah, actually if it was Toews coming back it'd be a better fit. We could use a 3C, or a smart two way winger.

So what, if Kane comes in does Bednar finally break down and move Mikko down so the the top six is more balanced after never trying to balance that line before?

When Mikko did move down Bednar went and put both Lehky and Nuke with Mack for like part of a game.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
Yeah, actually if it was Toews coming back it'd be a better fit. We could use a 3C, or a smart two way winger.

So what, if Kane comes in does Bednar finally break down and move Mikko down so the the top six is more balanced after never trying to balance that line before?

When Mikko did move down Bednar went and put both Lehky and Nuke with Mack for like part of a game.
Salary cap question notwithstanding, a guy like Elias Lindholm would be great . Center or wing flexibility a bonus

Reactions: CobraAcesS

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
With Francouz always injured and probably not resigned next year, I think Avs should trade for Blackwood who has one more year after this season at 2.35. I think he can be a good back up option and he’s young

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
With Francouz always injured and probably not resigned next year, I think Avs should trade for Blackwood who has one more year after this season at 2.35. I think he can be a good back up option and he’s young

They absolutely should not be spending 2M+ on a backup goalie again.

Prosvetov at like $950k should be a perfectly capable backup.

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
They absolutely should not be spending 2M+ on a backup goalie again.

Prosvetov at like $950k should be a perfectly capable backup.
Is he though? He doesn’t look like an NHL goalie. He’s pretty much another Annunen. Also what if Georgiev gets hurt? Are you really gonna rely on Prosvetov and Annunen to win you games?

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Is he though? He doesn’t look like an NHL goalie. He’s pretty much another Annunen. Also what if Georgiev gets hurt? Are you really gonna rely on Prosvetov and Annunen to win you games?

Based on a single game? :laugh:

He looked great against the Blues and he has a .909 sv% so far. Let's maybe wait another 3 games at least before declaring him an AHL caliber goalie.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Avs need a cheap forward, I say go get Kent Johnson from CBJ, we're long overdue for a trade with them.
Alex holtz in Jersey? Joe veleno?

I want to see how he continues with more work with parkkila.

Reactions: The Moops

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Based on a single game? :laugh:

He looked great against the Blues and he has a .909 sv% so far. Let's maybe wait another 3 games at least before declaring him an AHL caliber goalie.
I’d look good against the Blues too. It is small sample size but against a better team Seattle, he didn’t look good. All I’m saying is if Georgiev gets hurt right now, Avs will probably be in major hole

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
I’d look good against the Blues too. It is small sample size but against a better team Seattle, he didn’t look good. All I’m saying is if Georgiev gets hurt right now, Avs will probably be in major hole
Based on his play, they already are . A re tool may have to be considered (Rantanen, Girard, Byram etc…)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Time to go get Patrick Kane since there are no other realistic solution to get better. Pay assets to unload Tatar somewhere if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad