Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
I think the Avs are in much more need of a forward, especially if Lehkonen misses some time. Patrick Kane would be a great fit.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
Z didn’t really fit well when we had a much faster team who wanted to have the puck all game. Now that we’re a bigger, slower and more physical team I could see the fit being better than last time. With that being said, we need an impact forward much more than we need another D.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Z didn’t really fit well when we had a much faster team who wanted to have the puck all game. Now that we’re a bigger, slower and more physical team I could see the fit being better than last time. With that being said, we need an impact forward much more than we need another D.

Like I said earlier, just play him as a power forward. We thought we had Pronger before, but we actually had Lindros

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Avs would have to move Manson to make Z fit within the cap. But if they're trading with CGY, might as well try and get Lindholm too.

Manson 4.5 m + Tatar 1.5 m = 6.0 m + OO + Foudy + 1st
for
Zadorov 3.75 m + Lindholm 2.425 m (50%) = 6.175 m

You couldn't get this trade through on NHL23 easy mode if you tried.

Edit: but you could if you added a few 7th round draft picks probably.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Z is only (checks notes) 28.
See this....he's still young (in a way!)

ODRyJDU.png

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Zadorov isn’t the right use of cap space imo.

I also think you can fall in love with a few highlight hits and forget the warts in his game.

I hope they’re in on Kane. Obviously there’s risk there with the age and injury, but the team needs another scorer. You also don’t have to give up any assets to get him.

Ultimately, I think he ends up out East though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Zadorov isn’t the right use of cap space imo.

I also think you can fall in love with a few highlight hits and forget the warts in his game.

I hope they’re in on Kane. Obviously there’s risk there with the age and injury, but the team needs another scorer. You also don’t have to give up any assets to get him.

Ultimately, I think he ends up out East though.
Z needs to go to a team that plays man defense. That’s where his game is the best.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Arizona should take a look then.
Maybe as an UFA next summer. Tourigny looooooves big physical defensemen.

They have the cap room, are looking for legit dmen and if Zadorov is looking for as much money as possible (which wouldn't surprise me TBH) then it's kind of a good fit actually. I could see the Yotes outbidding everyone for him.

Reactions: Chiarelli

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Yup absolute no brainer right now that you go 100% in for Patty Kane. Lehkonen out long term, Drouin belonging in the ECHL and Tatar being our new Tyler Arnason.

You have to make this move and promose him that he gets to play on the 1st line with Mack and Rantanen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad