Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
They were on the 3rd line for Vegas last year. Eichel is the top line and Stephenson is the 2nd.

Um, no. Stephenson was on the 1st line with Eichel and Stone. 2nd line was their usual Reilly-Karlson-March. Even with Barbashev in the playoffs, Reilly and Karlson were still 2nd liners.
Screenshot 2023-11-12 000047.png

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Not true. But sure, keep pretending you know what you’re talking about.

Sorry if I like to base my opinions on facts and not fantasy. Calling Karlson and Smith 3rd liners is ridiculous by any metric. They were top 5-7 forwards at worst for Vegas since they came into the league.

Oh, you mean the 3rd line that consisted of noted chaos agents like Reily Smith and William Karlson? Who casually have multiple 20-30 goal seasons between the both of them? You got me there oh great mod.

Oh, the Karlson who hasn't scored more than 15 goals since 2018-2019? And Smith who has 2 seasons over 20 goals since 2018-2019? Very casual.

But you you're right, you should just join their boards at this point.

nammerus

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Sorry if I like to base my opinions on facts and not fantasy. Calling Karlson and Smith 3rd liners is ridiculous by any metric. They were top 5-7 forwards at worst for Vegas since they came into the league.

Oh, the Karlson who hasn't scored more than 15 goals since 2018-2019? And Smith who has 2 seasons over 20 goals since 2018-2019? Very casual.

But you you're right, you should just join their boards at this point.

What facts? You made up what lines those guys played on in the playoffs.

You do understand you can put top 6 forwards on the 3rd line right? Here how it works. If you have more then…SIX…capable top 6 forwards (let’s say, 8), two of them have to go somewhere else. You know where? You guessed it. The 3rd line. Thats how deep Vegas was. Hopefully level of reasoning wasn’t too convoluted for you to understand.

And god forbid our 3rd liners approach 15-20 goals. That would be horrible. Much rather have guys like Wood and Colton who are barely pacing for 25 pts. That’s real Stanley cup contender depth right there.

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
What facts? You made up what lines those guys played on in the playoffs.

You do understand you can put top 6 forwards on the 3rd line right? Here how it works. If you have more then…SIX…capable top 6 forwards (let’s say, 8), two of them have to go somewhere else. You know where? You guessed it. The 3rd line. Thats how deep Vegas was. Hopefully level of reasoning wasn’t too convoluted for you to understand.

And god forbid our 3rd liners approach 15-20 goals. That would be horrible. Much rather have guys like Wood and Colton who are barely pacing for 25 pts. That’s real Stanley cup contender depth right there.
You know, come to think of it, you didn't post a lot when the team won seven in a row. Were you busy?

0BGYN Kenobi

Dec 11, 2022
Watching Calgary implode, it occurred to me that one potential side-effect will be Elias Lindholm no longer carrying the value of a ppg center when (if) he signs/is traded.

He was .8 ppg last year, and is at .57 so far this year.

Reactions: UncleRisto

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Watching Calgary implode, it occurred to me that one potential side-effect will be Elias Lindholm no longer carrying the value of a ppg center when (if) he signs/is traded.

He was .8 ppg last year, and is at .57 so far this year.
Honestly, bad stretch or not, they gotta get Lindholm and dump Manson to the Flames. The core is 28. They've got like four shots left at most.

We can manage Johansen at 4 for 40 points on the powerplay with a real 2C but Manson gots to go.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Honestly, bad stretch or not, they gotta get Lindholm and dump Manson to the Flames. The core is 28. They've got like four shots left at most.

We can manage Johansen at 4 for 40 points on the powerplay with a real 2C but Manson gots to go.

Manson has a NTC until June. It would need to be Girard and Ritchie. Then, in the summer, they trade Manson if they re-sign Lindholm.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
If they draft better it might not but yeah so far the track record isn’t great .
Yeah not happening 😭

Started with the albatross Manson contract, which rolled down hill to the horrific Ryjo transaction. 8.5 million dollars spent on garbage, which otherwise could have been used on a legit #2C.

Then another 4 million used on a #3C…who actually can’t play center.

12.5 million dollars…the cap isn’t even a good excuse.

Yeah, if these guys flop this season, they have to be moved next off-season.

Time to go get Patrick Kane since there are no other realistic solution to get better. Pay assets to unload Tatar somewhere if need be.
Another floater won't help us. We need Landy. We need someone with leadership. Captain character is needed.

Reactions: bear16

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Um, no. Stephenson was on the 1st line with Eichel and Stone. 2nd line was their usual Reilly-Karlson-March. Even with Barbashev in the playoffs, Reilly and Karlson were still 2nd liners.
View attachment 767141
This has already been pounded home, so this is just giving a reference so go can better view teams lines. If you scroll down to forward lines you can see the players who all played together. It isn’t perfect, but pretty close.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Wood is a 4th liner paid and playing on the 3rd line. That contract will be a disaster. Colton hasn’t played center well either. Chaos can be fun, but we need production.
If we were paying Wood 1.5 to be on the 4th line and Colton 3 to be a 3LW, they would be absolutely fantastic additions. The problem is where they’re slotted and taking up 2 mil too much in cap space for what they bring to the table

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If we were paying Wood 1.5 to be on the 4th line and Colton 3 to be a 3LW, they would be absolutely fantastic additions. The problem is where they’re slotted and taking up 2 mil too much in cap space for what they bring to the table
I’d still be upset at 6 years for Wood… but yeah. They are slotted poorly right now and the cap is being used inefficiently.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I’d still be upset at 6 years for Wood… but yeah. They are slotted poorly right now and the cap is being used inefficiently.
Fair enough, tend to think this team is 2-4 years away from being just filled with terrible contracts and wondering how to dump them while rebuilding anyways that another one with too long of term doesn’t really matter

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Fair enough, tend to think this team is 2-4 years away from being just filled with terrible contracts and wondering how to dump them while rebuilding anyways that another one with too long of term doesn’t really matter
Yeah I agree with that… and really in that timeframe the window will most certainly shut. It doesn’t really matter except when trying to dump contracts. Nobody is taking on the Wood commitment… which means he’s here (likely on the 4th line within a season or so) or bought out.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They signed the Toews deal already, which I’m all for but won’t age well. Then you look at the other contracts and ages of the core and it’s only a matter of time before they’re screwed.

All that to say, bring Kadri home. He shouldn’t have left to begin with. Make it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad