Rumor: 2023-24 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Manson over Kadri was the first mistake Cmac made after the Cup win. The more I watch Ryjo the more I am less confident he can be a capable 2C. As of now just not a play driver at all.
I'm not sure RyJo is a capable C right now... I'd figured maybe getting moved for free might fire him up at least a little. But the dude looks carefree as ever right now. Which I guess isn't a huge surprise.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Girard + 1st + Ritchie for Lindholm + Tanev:

Playoff roster:

Landy - Mack - Lehky
Nuke - Lindholm - Mikko
Colton - RyJo - Kovalenko
Wood - Olofsson - LOC
Cogs/Tatar

Toews - Makar
Byram - Tanev
Johnson* - Manson

I'd probably still look to make one more trade to upgrade Johnson.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

Playoff roster:

Landy - Mack - Lehky
Nuke - Lindholm - Mikko
Wood - Olofsson - LOC
Cogs/Tatar

Toews - Makar
Byram - Tanev
Johnson* - Manson

I think you have to add another first in there. Looks like a great team for one season.

A real all in type of deal.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Playoff roster:

Landy - Mack - Lehky
Nuke - Lindholm - Mikko
Wood - Olofsson - LOC
Cogs/Tatar

Toews - Makar
Byram - Tanev
Johnson* - Manson

They need to ship Johanson out.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC

Attachments

• IMG_1850.gif
    IMG_1850.gif
    930 KB · Views: 1

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Go big or go home big bois

Lindholm
Dube
Andersson

Girard
Johansen
Tatar
2024 1st
2025 1st
2026 1st
Olausson
Behrens
Gulyayev

We get a 2C for a season and lose any assets we might need to fill that hole via trade or development for the next 3+ years. We get a slightly better #3/4 and a third liner who is an RFA. Would be bad asset management for a short term all in.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
The team has zero leadership without Landy and EJ, that much is painfully obvious. They set the tone. Landy was the driver and the work ethic guy, and EJ was the glue guy that supported everyone and kept things light.

Then they brought in 3 lazy bums who aren't used to being held accountable, and the remaining leaders haven't quite figured out how to get things going, so now we're in this mess.

The C depth needs to be completely re-worked. I don't wanna hear about keeping Kadri and JTC, they priced themselves out of here by winning a cup. We were never going to be able to keep them, it is what it is.

Replacing Newhook with Colton was a good move, but I think Colton needs to be 2LW to really work out here. We will be fine with Rants, Nuke, Lehky and Colton as top-6 wingers.

Where we aren't fine, is RyJo on the team at all. Drouin and Tatar are trash. Wood is way too expensive for what he brings, what a brutal contract that is. Comparatively, we could have grabbed guys like Motte or ZAR for under 1mil to provide the same thing.

The 4h line is fine and never an issue. Cogs, LOC and Oloffson have been fantastic and done what we needed them to do. Pavel and Tufte can slot in there and not detract from what that line brings.

Lehky-MacK-Rants
Colton- ____ - Nuke
_____ - _____ - _____
Cogs-Olof-LOC

This is what works, and the only parts worth keeping. Need a playmaking 2C, a competent 3C and two 3rd line wingers. Kovalenko could be one, but he's far away. Tufte could be another, but would need more time to gel.

As for the D, only Makar and Toews are untouchable. You can't keep all 3 of Byram, G and Manson. Realistically, you keep Bo and let him play the left side. A guy like Marino or Pesce would be the ideal 2RD and partner for Byram. Peeke is probably the most realistic opttion though. The 3rd pair doesn't matter at all. Just fill it with at least 1 guy that will eat heavy PK minutes, and the other can be a mix of the Malinkis, JJs, Jones' and Clurmans of the world.

All in all, it's a mess but it's not an unfixable mess. Just use this year to reset the roster and come out strong next season with a re-vamped team hungry to erase this year's dumpster fire

Reactions: The Moops

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I still like the Colton and Wood additions. That third line hasn’t been productive, but they’ve shown in quite a few shifts the type of chaos they can create which will be big for the playoffs.

I was hoping that the RyJo, Drouin and Tatar pickups would work out better than they have so far.

Definitely feels like the team needs to add some high IQ guys that still have good drive to them.
Wood reminds me a little Darren helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad