Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
There's a big logjam in Montreal and they have been trying real hard to unload 1 or 2 of Armia, Dvorak and Hoffman.

If we could get Armia at 50% for nothing I'd be all over that. That's a guy with high upside that we could get at an all time low. He's been playing on the 4th line on a rebuilding team and clearly doesn't care to play on a rebuilding team, but he's a playoff beast and if he cares to play here he'd be an absolute steal.

No offense, but this take seems years out of date? You really think he's going to break through at 30?

I would take him at 50% if he cost nothing and play him with Colton and Wood quite happily.

1.7M, yeah I would too

Reactions: Metallo

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I can see the Avs not filling that final RW spot in the off season, because they're tentatively planning on adding Patrick Kane in December. They should be high on the list of contenders that could possibly afford him that time of year, if he comes on the right prorated deal.

They'll have a better idea of how Gabe's rehab is going by then too.

I can also see LOC or Cogs starting the season on the third line. They've done that before.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I can see the Avs not filling that final RW spot in the off season, because they're tentatively planning on adding Patrick Kane in December. They should be high on the list of contenders that could possibly afford him that time of year, if he comes on the right prorated deal.

I can also see LOC or Cogs starting the season on the third line. They've done that before.

Both Kane and Toews 😉

:laugh:

No more gaming for that dude lol.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
I’d take Armia at full price over whatever Tatar is about to get.

Also, Laine + Babcock hahaha.
Hadn't thought about that until now

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I’d take Armia at full price over whatever Tatar is about to get.

Also, Laine + Babcock hahaha.
Hadn't thought about that until now

Babcock be all like this after 2 games :

1689806454656.png

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I was halfway through writing a sentence in that post that said they could add Toews late in the summer as 4C/3C insurance in case they need to move Colton into the top six, and to help entice Kane to sign, before I paused to do a quick search on his status and saw this from yesterday. Not sure if it's true or not.

Yeah, it's been a question mark if he'd play again. Probably not happening, unless his health makes a significant turn.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they added Kane, there were a lot of rumours of them trying to add him a few years ago

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they added Kane, there were a lot of rumours of them trying to add him a few years ago
Sign Kane right before the deadline after seeing how his rehab goes. Unfortunately I have the feeling that not turning 35 until November exempts him from having a low base salary with bonuses

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No offense, but this take seems years out of date? You really think he's going to break through at 30?
He doesn't have to break through, just have to give a shit. He's a big winger who can protect the puck real well, he goes in front of the net and isn't afraid of going in the corners.

10 G and 15 pts in 44 gms is a playoff beast?
Him and Lehky were arguably the Habs two best forwards during their last cup final run (that's how he earned that contract). He brings more than just points.

Would be happy to have him on the 3rd line for 2 years ar 1.7M per.

Last edited:

Andrew Wiggin

Feb 8, 2020
I don't understand the sense of urgency that some have to push all your chips in the middle right now...
- There is uncertainty with Drouin and RyJo, therefore you have to add a player NOW
- There is uncertainty about the depth players therefore you have to add a player NOW
- Trade G NOW to get cap room to add these players

How about lets see how they do, lets see who gets injured or not, lets see how the prospects fare, lets see what's available on the waiver wire, and THEN lets play our chips in the manner that makes the most sense for the playoffs.
I guess for me its that it will be harder to make a hockey trade at the deadline. I think they need to provide a little more surety in the foward corps and most would agree the most expendable one on the left side is Girard to help potentially bring in a top 6 fwd. Lehky still has some years on his deal and is a team player could play on the 3rd line depending on who they bring in and to see if Drouin works in the top 6. Not sure why everyone thinks RyJo is as huge of a question mark, if healthy he should be fine at 2C and all indications are he should be ready for the season.

Gumballhead

Nov 18, 2002
Chicago
scotchhorns.bandcamp.com
I also thought he won in Chicago for some reason, but that was Hjalmarsson.
Another classic Stralman argument.

He'll likely sign late. I also wouldn't trust Jonathan Toews to stay retired if he does announce it soon. He might feel better and miss it and try again once the season is going. Can't imagine he'd love the idea of playing at altitude, but hey.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I could see the Avs going in on Kane when he’s close to ready, especially if Drouin doesn’t seem to be working out with Mack.

Lehk - Mack - Kane
Nuke - RyJo - Rants
Drouin - Colton - Wood
Cogs - Meyers - LOC

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I could see the Avs going in on Kane when he’s close to ready, especially if Drouin doesn’t seem to be working out with Mack.

Lehk - Mack - Kane
Nuke - RyJo - Rants
Drouin - Colton - Wood
Cogs - Meyers - LOC
I highly doubt he has the legs to play 1st line minutes.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dont think the Avs could afford Kane though. Unless he only cares about winning which given he's already won 3 cups I wouldn't imagine a 4th matters that much to him.

He shouldn't have any issues getting at least $4-5M on a 1 year deal when he comes back. Avs simply cant afford that.

Only way I could see something working is if they go the Bergeron route. Give him a $1M base deal with say $3-4M in earnable bonuses during the season. But then that's potentially going to cripple us again next year as well.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I mean we could focus on Drouin and RyJo possibly not working out, Colton not being a perfect 200 foot player, Bo and Cale being concussion prone, Girard being at risk of breaking his sternum on every hit, Manson having another year of high ankle sprains, Malinski not panning out, Georgie getting lit up because he's only proven himself as a starter for one year, Gabe never coming back, Mikko reverting back to bambi legs, Lehky missing the season with 1st degree burns from a Sauna mishap, Nuke going AWOL on the SoCal road trip to watch the donkey show in Tijuana, or MacKinnon getting suspended for life because he beat Bednar with a stick after he had a carb deficient hallucination that he told him to do his job again.

......or we could just look at the roster and see that it's WAY improved from the roster they started the season with last year, they can still make more moves during the season, they could possibly add Gabe for the playoffs, and then just enjoy the rest of our summer.
Now now...what is the fun in saying all of this in only one post? Spread it out over 20 posts like everybody else does, man.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
He doesn't have to break through, just have to give a shit. He's a big winger who can protect the puck real well, he goes in front of the net and isn't afraid of going in the corners.

Him and Lehky were arguably the Habs two best forwards during their last cup final run (that's how he earned that contract). He brings more than just points.

Would be happy to have him on the 3rd line for 2 years ar 1.7M per.
I don't feel like stocking up on Habs rejects is a blue print for success, one is more than enough.

• Haha

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
CMac continues to fail. Roster is not nearly deep enough, especially if Drouin and RyJo don't work out.

I don't understand how CMac can sit there and think his forward roster is deep enough. It's really not close and is missing 2 legitimate bottom 6ers and possibly a top 6er depending on your thoughts on Drouin.
Chet how would you have done it, while not a perfect roster I can’t hate much.money being right and landeskog a future uncertain it might not be much different next year if Landry comes back

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I've watched 3 reasonable 3rd/4th liners go for super cheap 1 year deals in the last week, when it's an area of concern for the Avs. Super frustrating.

CMac is out to lunch if he thinks his 3rd and 4th lines are good to go.

I don't want hear complaining out of anyone on these boards when it's November and Drouin is struggling, and RyJo isn't quite up to snuff and our bottom 6 produces very little. It's all to predictable at this point.
Did the avs want to get in a bidding war for a potential b6’er? Did the player want to come to Colorado. The avs always pulling moves out of thin air. We can’t for sure ever know what’s going on

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022

Lehk - Mack - Kane
Nuke - RyJo - Rants
Drouin - Colton - Wood
Cogs - Meyers - LOC
Doesn’t drouin also play center. Maybe Ross on the wing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad