Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
SJ are dumb as bricks with EK. Should have been traded last deadline to the highest bidder, his value was only getting worse after that. The team sucks and is in tank mode, sell sell.

Reactions: Linds

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
He just won the Norris and has proclaimed his best hockey is still ahead of him
He had a great statistical season offensively, he was horrible defensively. IMO I don' think he should've gotten the Norris. From a full defensive game he should've maybe been in the top 10...

You're not a good defenseman if you can't make it work with teammates like Burns. He threw tantrums apparently in the locker room. He's always below the dots in the offensive zone, and his team didn't make the PO's. At least Josi still makes NSH somewhat competitive. EK reminds me of Duchene.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Having both Meyers and Olofsson handed starting spots is a recipe for disaster. Injuries happen, who you calling up? Drouin or RjJo struggle, you move them down to play with Meyers/Olofsson and the entire line gets eaten alive. Need another NHL caliber forward at minimum, prefer 2.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
CMac continues to fail. Roster is not nearly deep enough, especially if Drouin and RyJo don't work out.

I don't understand how CMac can sit there and think his forward roster is deep enough. It's really not close and is missing 2 legitimate bottom 6ers and possibly a top 6er depending on your thoughts on Drouin.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Rumour I saw today says that Tatar is close to signing with a "western conference" team. Take that for what you will.
Kerfoot = Selke, Newhook = Hart+Art Ross?
To be fair, the Leaf fans who mentioned Kerfoot and Selke in the same sentence were 101% straight analytic posters who probably never watched Kerfoot in their lives up to that point. We all enjoy Leaf fans suffering, but it was just a select few who were mindless and not the entire fanbase. A good percentage actually hated the trade, but perhaps more along the lines of them being Kadri fans. The Hab fans I've seen have been more deluded in a bad way that is reminiscent of Oiler fans on this board. Granted it is not all of them being this deluded about Newhook, but a fair share of them no doubt.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
CMac continues to fail. Roster is not nearly deep enough, especially if Drouin and RyJo don't work out.

I don't understand how CMac can sit there and think his forward roster is deep enough. It's really not close and is missing 2 legitimate bottom 6ers and possibly a top 6er depending on your thoughts on Drouin.

These posts get more embarrassing everytime you make them Chet. Lol

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012

Another decent bottom 6 guy off the board. Generally starting to feel, outside of Meyers, that the Avs are done.

This is the first signing that I'm actually annoyed about. You mean he'd rather battle Bastian, Foote, Tierney and Lazar for a roster spot, than be basically guaranteed our 4C spot? I doubt the Avs even sniffed at him. Wake up, sleepy Mac.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Some people do, most of them don't. Look, to me the tweet above me suggests this was basically his agent/NHLPA telling him to go to this program, if you admit you have a serious problem maybe that isn't a valid reason to terminate your contract. I'm not a CBA expert, but I've kinda got the understanding that the teams can't just terminate a contract if there is substance abuse, but need to relay the player to the assistance program.

And I'm not saying that Galchenyuk is only doing this because of his hockey career, I just think the idea was sold to him based on this. Maybe the two things are unrelated and he really sought help himself. If so, good on him.

You're reading way too much into this. The man knows he has a problem and did a lot of work both on and off the ice prior to this to try and get his career back on track. Unfortunately with addiction, one bad night can unravel all of that, and that's precisely what happened. Now he's starting all over, I don't see why it has to be more complicated than that. I don't blame him or the PA to see if maybe the contract can stay in place, that's a perfectly legitimate angle to pursue, it's not that much money in any event.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Rumour I saw today says that Tatar is close to signing with a "western conference" team. Take that for what you will.

To be fair, the Leaf fans who mentioned Kerfoot and Selke in the same sentence were 101% straight analytic posters who probably never watched Kerfoot in their lives up to that point. We all enjoy Leaf fans suffering, but it was just a select few who were mindless and not the entire fanbase. A good percentage actually hated the trade, but perhaps more along the lines of them being Kadri fans. The Hab fans I've seen have been more deluded in a bad way that is reminiscent of Oiler fans on this board. Granted it is not all of them being this deluded about Newhook, but a fair share of them no doubt.
I am expecting this from us quite frankly. Fits the bill very well for what we need and sort of as a Rodrigues replacement.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This is the first signing that I'm actually annoyed about. You mean he'd rather battle Bastian, Foote, Tierney and Lazar for a roster spot, than be basically guaranteed our 4C spot? I doubt the Avs even sniffed at him. Wake up, sleepy Mac.

I really don't think "sleepy" can be applied to Mac this offseason. Last year, yes, not this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad