Rumor: 2023-2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency: Off-season is in full swing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Question guys. What do people think of (and I notice not many put him in their line-ups) of Chris Wagner as 4C? He's played 300+ NHL games, brings a bit of sandpaper (we already have him). Bottom 6 something like:

Wood - Colton - XXXXXX
Cogliano - Wagner - LOC

If we can get a cheap 3RW, that would be a very experienced, hard working, tough little bottom 6.

Thoughts? Btw, would people be shocked to hear he's still only 32?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
MacKinnon/Drouin and Johanssen/Rantanen should be a pair. Nuke and Lehkonen can be either line.

Exactly, it really is kinda pointless to have them on the same line.

Question guys. What do people think of (and I notice not many put him in their line-ups) of Chris Wagner as 4C? He's played 300+ NHL games, brings a bit of sandpaper (we already have him). Bottom 6 something like:

Wood - Colton - XXXXXX
Cogliano - Wagner - LOC

If we can get a cheap 3RW, that would be a very experienced, hard working, tough little bottom 6.

Thoughts? Btw, would people be shocked to hear he's still only 32?

He'll compete for it, probably why he signed, but he'll be good depth.

That's the same guy we had for a cup of coffee a couple years ago isn't it? I don't remember 100% if he played center though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
This is the right choice IMO.

Drouin and RyJo are clearly the playmaker roles on their respective lines. Gotta give each guy a shooter.

I think Ryjo and Mikko are going to be filthy together. They're both legit intelligent players that are hard to stop. They might have some cold nights, but my god those two will feast on second pairings especially with Lehhky or Nuke.

Imagine Nuke with them, that's a lot of meat lmao.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_4781.jpeg

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't think so. I think under the terms of the CBA, he is still entitled to the full support of the program, even if his contract is terminated.
Maybe, but why would he? Like does he or his agent think that someone is going to actually offer him a contract even if he goes there now? He was an AHLer last season.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Maybe, but why would he? Like does he or his agent think that someone is going to actually offer him a contract even if he goes there now? He was an AHLer last season.
I'm not sure I'm following. Are you suggesting he would only enter the program in order to hopefully obtain a contract afterwards, rather than trying to take advantage of a highly thought of treatment program which could be the difference between him being a bum in five years or living a successful life?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm not sure I'm following. Are you suggesting he would only enter the program in order to hopefully obtain a contract afterwards, rather than trying to take advantage of a highly thought of treatment program which could be the difference between him being a bum in five years or living a successful life?
Something like that, yeah. Maybe I'm just pessimistic about people. I just think it's something that his agent or the NHLPA would've informed that it would be in his best interests to do so. Career wise, not just life wise.

And to me, this one suggests that I might be on the right track:

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014

What do you mean why would he? Obviously he’d like to figure out his addiction and get better lol

Reactions: CobraAcesS

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What do you mean why would he? Obviously he’d like to figure out his addiction and get better lol
Some people do, most of them don't. Look, to me the tweet above me suggests this was basically his agent/NHLPA telling him to go to this program, if you admit you have a serious problem maybe that isn't a valid reason to terminate your contract. I'm not a CBA expert, but I've kinda got the understanding that the teams can't just terminate a contract if there is substance abuse, but need to relay the player to the assistance program.

And I'm not saying that Galchenyuk is only doing this because of his hockey career, I just think the idea was sold to him based on this. Maybe the two things are unrelated and he really sought help himself. If so, good on him.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Some people do, most of them don't. Look, to me the tweet above me suggests this was basically his agent/NHLPA telling him to go to this program, if you admit you have a serious problem maybe that isn't a valid reason to terminate your contract. I'm not a CBA expert, but I've kinda got the understanding that the teams can't just terminate a contract if there is substance abuse, but need to relay the player to the assistance program.

And I'm not saying that Galchenyuk is only doing this because of his hockey career, I just think the idea was sold to him based on this. Maybe the two things are unrelated and he really sought help himself. If so, good on him.
To call this altercation a simple case of substance abuse is a gross misunderstanding of what actually occurred. Did you read what he actually said to the police officers?

The team certainly has grounds for termination of his contract, pending a full fact-finding blah, blah, blah. Dude threatened people's lives. Depending on the mood of the cops, he could potentially be looking at some serious time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad