NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Dallas with no urgency, unbelievable that they could lose a series to Edmonton after knocking out Vegas and Colorado. They are generating next to no offense against a team with Skinner in nets, pathetic, 3-0 now.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
3-0! Stars with 5 shots so far, ugh.

Dallas is giving a Bruins type home playoff performance tonight, pathetic. Skinner can go for a nap in the Oilers net. I am now convinced that home ice is a clear disadvantage in the NHL playoffs.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Dallas is giving a Bruins type home playoff performance tonight, pathetic. Skinner can go for a nap in the Oilers net. I am now convinced that home ice is a clear disadvantage in the NHL playoffs.
I mean they’re playing with Tanev at maybe 40% and the corpse of Ryan Suter. And still playing 5 D.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I mean they’re playing with Tanev at maybe 40% and the corpse of Ryan Suter. And still playing 5 D.

Tanev is not Cale Mahar. Furthermore they only have 10 shots on goal after 2 periods, of those 10 shots only 2-3 were decent chances. They have literally mailed this game in. Deboer once again coming up short, at least they play on the road next game.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Dallas with no urgency, unbelievable that they could lose a series to Edmonton after knocking out Vegas and Colorado. They are generating next to no offense against a team with Skinner in nets, pathetic, 3-0 now.
This is why Dallas can't have nice things. Started out sleepwalking against Vegas, couldn't finish off Colorado at home in game 5, no-show at home tonight.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
This is why Dallas can't have nice things. Started out sleepwalking against Vegas, couldn't finish off Colorado at home in game 5, no-show at home tonight.

I see them more as a victim of a brutal draw. Knights and Avs have two of the very best rosters in the league. Putting them away is no easy task, and would have taken a lot of effort. Now they're paying for it. Playoffs are hard and you have to beat the best teams, but it's been a crazy rough run for the Stars. Finishing top of the conference did them zero favors.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Dallas might have lost the series when they were winning 2-0 in game 4. Wild.

At this point I still think it’s Florida that wins the Cup. If they do they become (or should be) the new blueprint to win it all…..

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Dallas might have lost the series when they were winning 2-0 in game 4. Wild.

At this point I still think it’s Florida that wins the Cup. If they do they become (or should be) the new blueprint to win it all…..
Oettinger insane bedshitting up 2-0 that game you are correct. Worse than Rask up 3-0 in the series and game in 2010.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Have to give Edmonton credit after such an abysmal start to their season. The series isn't over yet, they still need to win one more game to get to the finals. But at one point in the season people didn't think they would even make the playoffs.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Dallas looks a little worn down. Running 5D with a beat up Tanev was something I mentioned before the series started.. doesn't feel that sustainable

Hope both series go to 7, it's been pretty entertaining hockey. Both are up for grabs, but an Oilers Florida final would be interesting to see. I think the Oilers speed/quick strikes could potentially kill Florida. Florida gets categorized as a physical grindy team, but their playoff success seems to come pretty heavily from the PP. They somehow seem to always draw more penalties than they take as soon as the playoffs start. Final would probably be decided by special teams and IMO Oilers are the best bet on that one

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Have to give Edmonton credit after such an abysmal start to their season. The series isn't over yet, they still need to win one more game to get to the finals. But at one point in the season people didn't think they would even make the playoffs.

Oilers look like they have learned the same lesson their ancient ancestors learned back in the early 80's. Come ready to play at both ends of the ice in the playoffs.

Reactions: Ladyfan and JAD

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Oilers look like they have learned the same lesson their ancient ancestors learned back in the early 80's. Come ready to play at both ends of the ice in the playoffs.
Yeah I noticed in the Vancouver series ... vast improvement. Defensive zone they are aggressive going after the puck giving the opponent no time, rather than sitting back letting the play come to them. In the offensive zone when with the lead ... safe dump ins, cycle puck behind net, keep puck against boards - killing as much time as possible. No errant passes through the middle of the zone, not allowing the opponent to break out with odd man rushes. ... very responsible.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Until someone comes up with the blueprint that beats it, then that becomes what we should do, and on and on. I don't know if its the Florida blueprint, or they have just had a happy confluence of the right players at the right time that have made it all work and, surprisingly, given their playstyle, few key injuries.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Me too as that is the best situation for Boston.

Edmonton was tied with Toronto as the top revenue producing team last season. NYR were third.

That's a plus for the cap and a plus for the Bruins.
one of a thousand reasons we need you here to educate a buffoon like me, never even thought about how this would affect the cap, thank you as always Dom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad