NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
1st and Bahl for a guy with a NMC

Pressure is on Donnie
Ullmark windows are covered with plywood and he bought 500 cases of Poland Springs water from Cosco

He’s not leaving without a fight

Trades for roster players should not be allowed until after the Final ends.
I’d guess that was the plan but now the feeling is likely a game 7 next Monday so screw it

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
1st and Bahl for a guy with a NMC

Pressure is on Donnie
how many Goaltenders have been in New Jersey since Brodeur left and how has that worked since..... never mind Utica/Adirondack.... Aren't the Devils on their 20th coach since the team was transferred from John McMullen to Harris/Blitzer

Reactions: BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
NJ 2025 First rounder is going to be middle of the pack at best, low at worst. Its top 10 protected so if they injury themselves into the lottery again it wont help Calgary.
With Markstrom NJ will play better next year.

The Prospect is not a guy NJ fans seems to miss at all and have little to no good to say about him. Bottom pair D if not AHL fodder.

So, mid to low 1st in 2025 and a midling prospect.

Will be interesting to see if Ottawa pays their 7th OA this year for Linus or take a page in NJs book and do a 2025.

I also don't think this trade puts pressure on Don to get a deal done. I have a feeling Sweeney might be trying to use Linus in a trade for a Center elsewhere...

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Ullmark only has one year left on his deal, though.
Rights to resign. A team that wants him for the next 4-5 years will trade for him. Gives them solid net presence for teams in need or that have a rookie who needs a stopgap to develop.

Its not often you can get a year of a recent Vezina winner in his prime.

Reactions: BMC

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
NJ 2025 First rounder is going to be middle of the pack at best, low at worst. Its top 10 protected so if they injury themselves into the lottery again it wont help Calgary.
With Markstrom NJ will play better next year.

The Prospect is not a guy NJ fans seems to miss at all and have little to no good to say about him. Bottom pair D if not AHL fodder.

So, mid to low 1st in 2025 and a midling prospect.

Will be interesting to see if Ottawa pays their 7th OA this year for Linus or take a page in NJs book and do a 2025.

I also don't think this trade puts pressure on Don to get a deal done. I have a feeling Sweeney might be trying to use Linus in a trade for a Center elsewhere...
I like what I have seen from him. 23 years old, already 150 NHL games. Problem was they used him as a top 4 alot of times, which he isn't. I would have loved to see the Bruins get their hands on him, at 6'6" 230 lbs or whatever. Soley a 3rd pair, pk guy....

Rights to resign. A team that wants him for the next 4-5 years will trade for him. Gives them solid net presence for teams in need or that have a rookie who needs a stopgap to develop.

Its not often you can get a year of a recent Vezina winner in his prime.
Colorado just makes way too much sense. He aligns with the window, and they sign him for another 5 years, and run for the cup every season.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Thank the Lord that someone else took PLD

I wanted no part of that

Between Markstrom and Kuemper though, the market for Linus is getting smaller - basically Ottawa and Edmonton if he even waives for Canada. I'm worried we're going to end up keeping him - I like him but that's a lot of cap space for a second goalie when we have bigger holes to fill.

Reactions: Alicat

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Thank the Lord that someone else took PLD

I wanted no part of that

Between Markstrom and Kuemper though, the market for Linus is getting smaller - basically Ottawa and Edmonton if he even waives for Canada. I'm worried we're going to end up keeping him - I like him but that's a lot of cap space for a second goalie when we have bigger holes to fill.
If anything this puts pressure on teams like Ottawa whose goaltending was among the worst all year long. They need to get into the postseason, Ullmark can help them with that but I am sure the cost of acquisition from a division rival is high.

Don will keep Linus rather than move him for parts or magic beans.
There is always TDL where he could be one of the top names available again.

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
If anything this puts pressure on teams like Ottawa whose goaltending was among the worst all year long. They need to get into the postseason, Ullmark can help them with that but I am sure the cost of acquisition from a division rival is high.

Don will keep Linus rather than move him for parts or magic beans.
There is always TDL where he could be one of the top names available again.
I hope Don stays away from those magic beans. They won't help us get past Florida.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
IMG_8301.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: BMC and Bruinaura
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events