NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Until someone comes up with the blueprint that beats it, then that becomes what we should do, and on and on. I don't know if its the Florida blueprint, or they have just had a happy confluence of the right players at the right time that have made it all work and, surprisingly, given their playstyle, few key injuries.

Oilers win and the blueprint becomes get 3 guys that play like McDavid, Draisaitl and Bouchard.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Until someone comes up with the blueprint that beats it, then that becomes what we should do, and on and on. I don't know if its the Florida blueprint, or they have just had a happy confluence of the right players at the right time that have made it all work and, surprisingly, given their playstyle, few key injuries.
Totally agree. After 2011 the Bruins team/culture were the blueprint but it went south unfortunately. Doesn’t mean they cannot reset and reload, which is why I totally disagree with Neely and his speed game comments. They need speed, but they need to be tougher to play against and much more mentally tougher……..everything whether we like it or not that Florida has. I thought Dallas had it, but after seeing them the last 2 games, they don’t. Oilers should wrap that up but they won’t be able to beat Florida. Not this year.

Reactions: KWbruin and Dr Hook

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I feel like Florida is built like the 2011 Canucks, it was a solid blueprint! The6 just ran up against a team that had elite toughness and a damn hot goalie

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Totally agree. After 2011 the Bruins team/culture were the blueprint but it went south unfortunately. Doesn’t mean they cannot reset and reload, which is why I totally disagree with Neely and his speed game comments. They need speed, but they need to be tougher to play against and much more mentally tougher……..everything whether we like it or not that Florida has. I thought Dallas had it, but after seeing them the last 2 games, they don’t. Oilers should wrap that up but they won’t be able to beat Florida. Not this year.

The 2011 Bruins were not a blueprint for anyone.

The Blackhawks won 3 Cups in 6 seasons between 2010 and 21015.

They were the blueprint and it had nothing to do with size or toughness.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

BaK_dYlCIAA61mn.jpg

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
The 2011 Bruins were not a blueprint for anyone.

The Blackhawks won 3 Cups in 6 seasons between 2010 and 21015.

They were the blueprint and it had nothing to do with size or toughness.
Ehhh, the blueprint was either Hawks/Pens or Bruins/Kings. The thing is you can't do both and you have to commit to a roster that replicates that no hybrid crap. In 2019 the Bruins went for more of the Pens/Hawks blueprint but unfortunately you know what happened, but that was a game 7 series.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Have to give Edmonton credit after such an abysmal start to their season. The series isn't over yet, they still need to win one more game to get to the finals. But at one point in the season people didn't think they would even make the playoffs.
Maybe I'm jealous, but I cannot give Edmonton any credit with all the #1 draft picks they were handed in the draft lottery over the last 10+ years

..they should've won a Stanley Cup by now with all those picks

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Ehhh, the blueprint was either Hawks/Pens or Bruins/Kings. The thing is you can't do both and you have to commit to a roster that replicates that no hybrid crap. In 2019 the Bruins went for more of the Pens/Hawks blueprint but unfortunately you know what happened, but that was a game 7 series.
The blueprint has never changed. Fringe philosophy (winning with marginal goaltending vs needing elite goaltending for example) will differ.

But the blueprint will always be the same at the core. Balance and team identity.

Different identities will win every year. But balance remains the constant.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Rangers refusing to attack with speed. Regularly pulling up just inside the blue line looking for trailers. That bad habit looks very familiar.
Embarrassing effort so far ...the odd Ranger tries to make a play here and there, but the team as a whole looks disinterested

I expect a much better effort in the 3rd....unless they already have tee times booked for Sunday morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad