NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Okposo did look like the happiest man on the planet. Can't fault that going from Buffalo to Florida this year. He just might end up being the storybook retirement guy.

Trying to be objective I do think the Bruins gave Florida a tougher road than the Rags. Florida will not be worn down this time and should win it all. That was textbook defense.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I thought that was just a Bruins thing

..but the Rangers looked just as bad, if not worse than the B's tonight

It's a Panthers thing. They chew other teams up and spit out the carcass. The Bruins actually arguably ended with a little more fight and pride left in them than the Rangers, but the effect is essentially the same. Florida are relentless. Beatable, but by a defense-lite Oilers or a weary looking Stars? I'm really not sure.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I hope they touched the trophy ... just saying.
Last year they did - not this time

Paul Maurice was the last coach of the HARTFORD WHALERS and he is only 57

Rangers never totally recovered from the no-show in Game 1 at home but still had the chance to take control in Game 5 at home and Florida toyed with them in the third period.

1717308624542.png

ABC is looking at a ratings disaster in the SCF - I guarantee Celtics/Dallas will get more viewers in South Florida than the Panthers.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
It's a Panthers thing. They chew other teams up and spit out the carcass. The Bruins actually arguably ended with a little more fight and pride left in them than the Rangers, but the effect is essentially the same. Florida are relentless. Beatable, but by a defense-lite Oilers or a weary looking Stars? I'm really not sure.
Looking at just the scores from the ECF, it would seem as if all the games were close, and it could've gone either way. On the other hand, having watched the series, were it not for Shesterkin, the goal differential would have been much wider.

That type of performance would be questionable from Oettinger and highly unlikely from Skinner.

I also have to give a tip of the cap to Peter Laviolette, acknowledging the young Florida fan flexing behind the glass. These are pressure-packed, high-stakes games, but are really just entertainment.

After years of bad management and bad luck, the Panthers are building a legit fan base; and from the looks of it, a young, diverse one at that, which is great for the game.

That kid is probably hooked for life.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Staff member
Aug 9, 2010
Lovely Lakes Of NH
If the Oilers can win tonight it should be a good series. We have seen the Panthers beat three teams but of those three teams has any of them had the offensive players the Oilers have?? All of this being said is if the Oilers can get the next "W". I would love to see the Cup brought back home to Canada and even more so by beating the Panthers.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
If the Oilers can win tonight it should be a good series. We have seen the Panthers beat three teams but of those three teams has any of them had the offensive players the Oilers have?? All of this being said is if the Oilers can get the next "W". I would love to see the Cup brought back home to Canada and even more so by beating the Panthers.
Not sure who, if any team can match Edmontons offense but the cats did just go thru the Lightning/Bruins/Rangers. None of which series went 7 games.
Kind of impressive.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Looking at just the scores from the ECF, it would seem as if all the games were close, and it could've gone either way. On the other hand, having watched the series, were it not for Shesterkin, the goal differential would have been much wider.

That type of performance would be questionable from Oettinger and highly unlikely from Skinner.

I also have to give a tip of the cap to Peter Laviolette, acknowledging the young Florida fan flexing behind the glass. These are pressure-packed, high-stakes games, but are really just entertainment.

After years of bad management and bad luck, the Panthers are building a legit fan base; and from the looks of it, a young, diverse one at that, which is great for the game.

That kid is probably hooked for life.

I always have a soft spot for the fan bases of teams in non-traditional markets, because the rugby team I support is one of those, and we cop the usual insults and derision from the fans of the teams in the Australian rugby heartland. But many of us know more and are more invested in our team than a lot of folks think. The Panthers are getting new and different people interested in hockey, and that can only be a good thing. Maybe there aren't a huge number of them yet in the grand scheme of things, but it's a start.

I had wanted to see Dallas win it all, especially as time really seems to be running out for Pavelski, but at this point I can't see the Stars having enough left in the tank to seriously challenge Florida. But the Oilers could do something, so now I'm leaning towards hoping they just win G6 and we can get on with the finals on an even keel. On the one hand, it wouldn't shock me if they got swept, but they do have that potent offense, and McDavid and Draisaitl with a Cup right before their eyes. If they can get at Bob and start to score some goals, then just maybe they could tip things in their favor.

Skinner and Pickard would have to be one of the weakest goalie pairings ever to grace the finals though. Long long shot for them to win it.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
You can make a compelling argument that the Bruins gave Florida a tougher series then the Rangers. The Bruins 2 wins were deserved and if not for some terrible officiating in game 4 ( non goalie interference call) could have taken this to a game 7. The Rangers by everyone's account were outplayed in 5 of their 6 games. Furthermore the physicality in the Bruins-Panthers series was at a different level then the Rangers series. Not to harp on the officiating, but the Bruins got the short end of the stick pretty well the entire series, the Rangers not so much.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Because they are better than Boston and NY. Play the same style of physical, fast hockey.

IMO Boston had the lower lows getting outscored 10-0 over G2 and G3.While NY was outscored 6-1 over a two game stretch.

Rangers were also up in the series 2 games to 1 and then lost Game 4 in OT.

Bruins were down 3-1 after winning Game 1 easily.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Bruins getting outscored 10-0 over P 2\3 in G2 and P1\2 in G3 was the series. They were outshot 41-18 in G4. Revisionist history going on here.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think Dallas or Edmonton will win the cup this year. They are two tenacious teams with speed that won't sit back and have the depth and talent to score.

Reactions: Ladyfan

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I picked Florida in six over the rangers
If its the oilers in the finals it will only take Florida 5 games to put them away

Reactions: Yeti34

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I picked Florida in six over the rangers
If its the oilers in the finals it will only take Florida 5 games to put them away

Assuming the Oilers prevail in the West, there will be a ton of McDrai hype, the "end the Canadian Cup drought" narrative will be prevalent, but the Cats will go about their business, as the Bolts, B's and Rags found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad