NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Rolling 5 D with a 34-year old Tanev and 39-year old Suter.

Great plan Dallas.

Ottinger isn't helping either, that Hyman goal needs to be stopped. Tanev is the defensive version of Ullmark in last years playoff, playing injured and clearly not up to the task.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
A PP goal of course. If they advance the only way I see Edmonton beating Florida is for their hot PP to continue.
Edmonton a much better team 5v5 scoring this PO season than Florida. Different opponents of course, but the idea that Edmonton is winning because of PP is false.

Of the two, Florida is relying more heavily on PP.

Also, IMO the PP goal tonight was not a PP. It was just the most insane one on two larceny you might ever see. Undefendable regardless of whether it was PP, PK, 5v5, or a pulled goalie.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Edmonton a much better team 5v5 scoring this PO season than Florida. Different opponents of course, but the idea that Edmonton is winning because of PP is false.

Also, IMO the PP goal tonight was not a PP. It was just the most insane one on two larceny you might ever see. Undefendable regardless of whether it was PP, PK, 5v5, or a pulled goalie.
Terrific move by McDavid but horrible positioning by Heiskanen who turned half his body away from McDavid, unforced.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Florida is a whole different beast then a tired beat up Dallas team. The Edmonton D has not faced a team anything like Florida. After facing the likes of AV, Swayman and IS in nets, I can't see Florida pissing away a cup to the likes of Skinner.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Florida is a whole different beast then a tired beat up Dallas team. The Edmonton D has not faced a team anything like Florida. After facing the likes of AV, Swayman and IS in nets, I can't see Florida pissing away a cup to the likes of Skinner.
Or the Oiler D which isn't good.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I get what you’re saying. Florida looks like the team to beat. I was just reacting to the suggestion that Edmonton lives and dies by PP.

Florida actually does be a wide margin.

Florida PP time this playoffs? A whopping 102 minutes — a full 20 minutes more than next closest team (Rags). Edmonton has a full 30 minutes less than Florida. Yes, Edmonton has more PP goals than Florida, but they scored them in half a game less time!!!!

5v5 goals? Edmonton 39 , Florida 31.

So Florida better hope they keep getting the calls.

I agree Skinner is scary, but Bobrovsky hasn’t seen anything like the O talent of Edmonton either. He’s been good, he's been great, and he's been just less shitty than the other guy (TB series). Depends on which Bob shows in finals.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Edmonton's offense hasn't faced Vasi, Swayman and Igor like Florida has.

Tkachuk and Bennett are going to brutalize McDavid just like the days of the Battle of Alberta until Kassen ragged dolled Tkachuk

Don't think for one second if Bennett can rabbit punch McDavid in the temple, he won't. Florida is absolutely dirty.

Reactions: lextune and Gordoff

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I get what you’re saying. Florida looks like the team to beat. I was just reacting to the suggestion that Edmonton lives and dies by PP.

Florida PP time this playoffs? A whopping 102 minutes — a full 20 minutes more than next closest team (Rags). Edmonton has a full 30 minutes less than Florida. Yes, Edmonton has more PP goals than Florida, but they scored them in half a game less time!!!!

I agree Skinner is scary, but Bobrovsky hasn’t seen anything like the O talent of Edmonton either. He’s been good, he's been great, and he's been just less shitty than the other guy (TB series). Depends on which Bob shows in finals.

Outside of their PP Edmonton is going to have a lot of problems generating much offense against Florida. Their overall team defensive play is so strong and they have Barlow who will greatly neutralize McDavid.

RedSlider

Mar 3, 2016
I think this is Florida's cup to lose at this point. Dallas looks exhausted & I'm not sure how Edmonton's defense/goaltending will hold up against the Florida forecheck.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

I do wonder how the most penalized team in the RS becomes the least penalized and has most time on the man advantage while changing zero things about their style.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Outside of their PP Edmonton is going to have a lot of problems generating much offense against Florida. Their overall team defensive play is so strong and they have Barlow who will greatly neutralize McDavid.
I expect you’re right. We’ll see though. I’m not ready to hand the Cup to Florida though. Seen that movie before so many times before it’s not true. We’ll see how it plays out. Dallas was a huuuuge favorite coming into PO’s and looks like Edmonton might bounce them tonight.

I do wonder how the most penalized team in the RS becomes the least penalized and has most time on the man advantage while changing zero things about their style.
Funny, that!!!!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I expect you’re right. We’ll see though. I’m not ready to hand the Cup to Florida though. Seen that movie before so many times before it’s not true. We’ll see how it plays out. Dallas was a huuuuge favorite coming into PO’s and looks like Edmonton might bounce them tonight.

Funny, that!!!!

Everyone was ready to crown Florida last year after sweeping Carolina. We saw how that turned out.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
That 2011 Bruins team was inches from getting knocked out in the first round multiple times.

They also had to go to game 7 in two other series, one of which was decided by 1 goal.

There’s no way you can definitively say they’d have eaten anybody up.
Not definitively but they played their best hockey vs teams that had an edge...teams like the Panthers.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
8 shots on net for the Oilers with 13 mins left....teams don't get a lot of shots on the Panthers as is, hope the Oilers will have more in the tank than that during the SCF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad