NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I really don’t get the Edmonton hate. Especially from the Canadian fans on this board. It’s almost like there’s a built in hatred for every Canadian team…..Montreal (totally understandable), Toronto (kinda understandable), Winnipeg/Calgary are irrelevant, and Edmonton hasn’t won shit in 20+ years. Correction…30 years.

Did McDavid kick somebody’s dog? What am I missing?

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I really don’t get the Edmonton hate. Especially from the Canadian fans on this board. It’s almost like there’s a built in hatred for every Canadian team…..Montreal (totally understandable), Toronto (kinda understandable), Winnipeg/Calgary are irrelevant and have been for awhile, and Edmonton, who hasn’t won shit in 20+ years.

Something something "FiRsT oVeRaLl PiCkS"... like they're the first team ever to pick at the top for years

Reactions: Kerberos

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I'm probably in the minority but this is the first non-Bruin Stanley Cup final in a long time that I'm interested in watching. Usually by now I've pretty much checked out and just catch bits and pieces but I'm excited for this final match-up. I could see it going the distance, I could also see it over rather quickly. Either way it should be fairly entertaining. To quote the great Gorilla Monsoon, all the questions will be answered.

I'd rather see Edmonton win than Florida. A close friend of mine is a huge Oiler fan and this Canada cup drought narrative is tiresome now. I normally don't jump onboard a Canadian team in the playoffs just because the play in a Canadian city but in this case I'll jump on the Oiler bandwagon.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
I really don’t get the Edmonton hate. Especially from the Canadian fans on this board. It’s almost like there’s a built in hatred for every Canadian team…..Montreal (totally understandable), Toronto (kinda understandable), Winnipeg/Calgary are irrelevant, and Edmonton hasn’t won shit in 20+ years. Correction…30 years.

I'm with you. I'm fully behind Edmonton winning.

I guess some people want EDM to fail so Draisaitl is more likely to test FA for our benefit but I think if Draisaitl leaves, it isn't for lack of success at this point. They're in the cup finals for crying out loud.

Game one scheduled for ?
1717385126640.png

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

I don’t hate Edmonton just Toronto and Montreal

Reactions: BTO

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire

I can only speak for myself, and I'm an old-timer, but the '88 Finals and even more so, the '90 Finals, are burnt into my brain. The very sight of the Oilers logo is disgusting to me.

I have nothing against McDavid personally, he's an amazing talent, and really fun to watch in a regular season game, but he'll have to have a different logo on his sweater if I'm ever going to root for him to win a Cup, lol.

I don't know what younger fans, who didn't have to live through the Oilers winning five Stanley Cups, have against them.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I hope wherever he is, Jay Woodcroft is ok tonight. ;)

Kidding aside, I'm intrigued by the Final matchup and like watching both teams.

As for Florida, I will disagree that they aren't doing anything different from the regular season. They are playing whistle-to-whistle much more, without the shenanigans. I expect that to continue, facing Edmonton's PP.

The Oilers tonight reminded me of St. Louis in Game Seven. They knew once they were up 2-0 it was their game.

Dallas ran out of gas; it happens. Leading 2 games to 1 with an early two goal lead; they officially hit the wall.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Last time the Oilers were dominant in the 80's and 90's their media & fans were soooo arrogant, and soooo annoying that it almost made me sick (literally)

..then add the Nation-wide Oilers (or any other Canadian team) sports coverage to that, and it makes you want to throw up, and/or quit watching hockey

Just about every Canadian NHL team's sports media coverage is the same damn thing (except Calgary for some reason). So, when it comes to a Canadian team winning the Stanley Cup......I cringe

McDavid didn't kick my dog.....the Canadian sports media did

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Edmonton is another team I think the Bruins could have beaten. We may be closer than some people think.

Bruins played hard this post season and put up a great fight but ultimately Zacha/Coyle could not get it done vs Barkov and Verhaeghe; Imagine the McDavid/Drai matchup? Also, the Bruins couldn't keep up with the team speed of the Panthers and the Oilers play a lot faster, at least in transition.

Reactions: BTO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad