NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yup the series changed as soon as the Oilers Media asked why they felt like they weren't getting any powerplays AKA Berbube 2019.
but yet Sweeney and Monty won't say anything because Charlie wouldn't pay their fines. Shows you right there the Bruins are a chickens sh!t origination worry only about $$ not winning.
There a link to this he wouldn’t pay their fines ?

The internet in the greater Boston area is different than Moose Droppings

Thanks for your continued contribution to the message board

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The travel logistics between Fort Lauderdale and Edmonton is something I don't want to deal with.
Boston-Vancouver (2,500 miles arena to arena) and Edmonton-Sunrise (2,540 arena to arena) are practically the same as the crow flies.

I just have no interest in watching Florida's thugs any longer. Disappointed that we didn't get EDM-NYR for a final. Hopefully the Oilers win it. Not sure how much I'll watch. Maybe the first 2. If Edmonton loses both I'm done.

Let's go C's!

Reactions: BMC

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
100% all in on Florida!

Why? I hope it creates a Ducks circa 2007 arms race to toughen up rosters around the league. Bruins fans calling Florida thugs is laughable and shows what a sad state we have become since NCAA Donnie took over in 2015.

I am personally ashamed we cannot match their thugness. It is embarrassing.

That being said, TV rating will not be very good for this one!

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
What the F happened to Dallas? Pretty lame.

I'm not rooting for the Oilers, but I want the Panthers to lose more.

Edmonton is another team I think the Bruins could have beaten. We may be closer than some people think.
Only way Edmonton is beating Florida is if McDavid and Drai play the best hockey of their careers and Florida goes cold offensively, which can happen in a 7 game series.

The Edmonton goaltending is really suspect and their D Corp beyond Ekholm is average at best defensively.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
100% all in on Florida!
Why? I hope it creates a Ducks circa 2007 arms race to toughen up rosters around the league. Bruins fans calling Florida thugs is laughable and shows what a sad state we have become since NCAA Donnie took over in 2015.

Guess the whole NHL is embarrassed then.

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Bruins played hard this post season and put up a great fight but ultimately Zacha/Coyle could not get it done vs Barkov and Verhaeghe; Imagine the McDavid/Drai matchup? Also, the Bruins couldn't keep up with the team speed of the Panthers and the Oilers play a lot faster, at least in transition.
What does Verhaege have to do with 13\18? That guy is a winger. Fla C were Barkov Bennett and Lundell.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
If Edm had the gas and their big 4 show up I think they win. Kane and Perry can fit right in with the rough stuff. If Florida smells blood it’s over though, they are like sharks. As soon as you let up on them once the game is over.

Reactions: Number8

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Oilers made it to the finals in 2006.

Then missed the playoffs for 10 straight seasons.

Wonder how many Bruins fans would be left after a decade of no playoffs.

Bruins attendance #s dipped post 05 lockout.

Didn’t take long for fans to stop showing up. There hasn’t been a dip since due to how consistently good they’ve been in the regular season.

No bottoming out. But if the Bruins hit a rough patch I’m sure the fans will stop showing up again

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Boston-Vancouver (2,500 miles arena to arena) and Edmonton-Sunrise (2,540 arena to arena) are practically the same as the crow flies.

I just have no interest in watching Florida's thugs any longer. Disappointed that we didn't get EDM-NYR for a final. Hopefully the Oilers win it. Not sure how much I'll watch. Maybe the first 2. If Edmonton loses both I'm done.

Let's go C's!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
What does Verhaege have to do with 13\18? That guy is a winger. Fla C were Barkov Bennett and Lundell.

Yes, I meant them. My mistake.

100% all in on Florida!

I don't know what series you were watching. Bruins matched up physically. The game was won/lost on speed, depth, and the Panthers just having better players.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Kind of can't go wrong here. If Drai loses maybe he's a step closer to leaving.

If Florida loses they lose two cups in a row, and have something like 6 key free agents this year and 3 huge ones the year after.

Gonna be a good series

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
The Panthers don't have a fan base and their players are as exciting as watching paint dry. Hochey needs McDavid and Draisaitl to win the cup.

Bruins attendance #s dipped post 05 lockout.

Didn’t take long for fans to stop showing up. There hasn’t been a dip since due to how consistently good they’ve been in the regular season.

No bottoming out. But if the Bruins hit a rough patch I’m sure the fans will stop showing up again
It will take a while. Some still support Sweeney and Neely:laugh:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
If Edm had the gas and their big 4 show up I think they win. Kane and Perry can fit right in with the rough stuff. If Florida smells blood it’s over though, they are like sharks. As soon as you let up on them once the game is over.

Edmonton had 10 shots on goal last night.

Florida has been the best team in the playoffs at limiting shots on goal.

Doesn't seem to be a good sign for the Oilers.

But they do have the very best top end talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad