GDT: 2022 NHL Draft (And Trade Rumors) - Montreal - July 7 - July 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I thought you guys a few weeks ago wanted to make pick and not do anything drastic

I thought you guys were all pissed off at the notion Flyers were going to try and go for it with this GM/Coach and roster?

I don’t speak for everyone but I don’t want to pick at 5. I want it traded, most don’t share the same opinion as me, I’m sure.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I don’t speak for everyone but I don’t want to pick at 5. I want it traded, most don’t share the same opinion as me, I’m sure.
I'm fine with trading back if Cooley isn't there, but I don't want it traded for the sake of trading it lol

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
See how it goes but "Flyers Twitter Reporters" are reporting David Jiricek is leading the way @ #5 for Flyers.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
We as fans need to face it, there’s no point to hope for the smart route (rebuild).

So if they’re going to try and force it, they should just trade the pick and make the team watchable.
Well I mean yes, but chuckles making trades has zero chance of making this team watchable

See how it goes but "Flyers Twitter Reporters" are reporting David Jiricek is leading the way @ #5 for Flyers.
I don't think he makes it past Seattle

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You mean the tweet that I put in the Septic tank thread that said that they're deciding between Jiricek and Nemec while leaning towards Jiricek, however, they also like Gauthier and things can change and if Cooley is there they'll take him.

Nothing like naming four of the top sixish players in the draft and acting like you have an inside source.

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
I’m really hoping they put the monkeys in charge tonight. Process: rank the players from highest ceiling on down. When their pick comes up, select the highest ranked player on the list. Take a few pictures. Go home.

Reactions: JXC

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The more I think about it, I really want Cutter Gauthier. He embodies everything about this franchise: low ceilings and mediocrity. I want the Flyers to squawk about needing high ceiling players; to revisionist history their way to wanting Makar; only to draft a 3rd liner, without any discernible elite skills, with the 5th overall pick under Draft Guru, Chuck Fletcher. It's perfect really: we know Fletcher picks for fit with high selections. We know he has a fetish for shooters. We know he doesn't believe in transition ability as an important skill. Picks rarely get as on the money as this one. 5th overall with only 6 picks total, as they view this pick as a cornerstone to a retool? Yes, please.

Almost every draft HockeyGuys™ vaporize their jorts to a center, usually with size, at the top of a class, pushing him up and up despite all logic and ignoring all flaws. As we can see, not even just centers......assumed centers!

Wanted Byram and we needed Keith heir

It was dumb selection at time and looks far worse

Dach is not a terrible hockey player (He is reasonably good defensively) but he isn't good C and may never work out as a C and a 3rd line winger with limited offensive game is not what a team should walk away with from 3rd overall

Speaking of which......

I had Dach 17th and Zegras 3rd, and I actually doubted myself for a bit. I thought maybe I just wasn't seeing something with Dach.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
There doesn't seem to be any accounts that Hurricanes players had issues with him off the ice, what was revealed about him in this past year is how badly he unraveled emotionally in the playoffs, the Rangers and Bruins (and their fans) obviously got to him. That ain't gonna fly here, we're way more willing to turn on our own players vocally. And I'm not someone who thinks Torts is like some hardline Keenan type, but I also know he isn't gonna put up with poor defensive players.
So Carolina doesn't want him back?

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I'll be at work..so not sure I can get more disappointed this day no matter what they do

Reactions: SnS

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I refuse to watch the two Defensemen before they pick just in case I actually like one of them. You can't be disappointed if you're clueless.

I think you'll "like" both of them for very different reasons? While still adamantly believing trading down was better, with the opportunity cost too high for each of them. I have a hunch who you'd like more, but then you'd still see how far away that player is from being a blue chip prospect.

DeAngelo legitimately is an all offense guy. He’s good at that but he is actively bad defensively. It’s not just a stereotype, the numbers support it too. That’s just funny given the Flyers current defense core assuming Ellis can’t go 100% or at all. I just have no faith in the Flyers being able to leverage his strengths & weaknesses for the better end sum result.

Example #8944 of the Fletcher-led Flyers having absolutely zero plan or consistency. They're just all over the map with what they say they value, or what they show they value, or what they say and show they value while completely whiffing on the value.

Not that DeAngelo shouldn't lead a PP1, but it would be hilarious if Sanheim didn't get any PP time again in his contract year.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
There doesn't seem to be any accounts that Hurricanes players had issues with him off the ice, what was revealed about him in this past year is how badly he unraveled emotionally in the playoffs, the Rangers and Bruins (and their fans) obviously got to him. That ain't gonna fly here, we're way more willing to turn on our own players vocally. And I'm not someone who thinks Torts is like some hardline Keenan type, but I also know he isn't gonna put up with poor defensive players.
He won’t have to worry about playoff pressure here.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Will any prospects reach their potential ceiling in Philly? Not a very good pattern of development here. For me, their development failure is why I wouldn't hate them trading the pick for a young established player.
Eh, while their player development isn't blowing anyone out of the waters, it looks more like bad drafting than player development to me. Many of their draft choices struggle in juniors (or NCAA or overseas) after being drafted. It isn't like they are all studs then get to the Flyers or AHL and suck. You have a bunch of homegrown guys on the roster that developed as planned, some better than others but that's going to happen everywhere. You have later round players in the NHL that they drafted (or will beNHL players this coming season). Then you have the injury problem guys, the guys most thought were bad picks to begin with, etc.

I am also not opposed to trading the pick for an established player depending on who and what else is involved. I am not championing Gauthier at 5 (or if they trade back), but I also won't be disappointed if they get him one way or another. Definitely has one of the cooler names in the draft. They call him "The Knife."

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He won’t have to worry about playoff pressure here.
Yeah but then if we're bad he's more libel to piss and moan, which probably had something to do with what happened with the Rangers

Oh well, if they sign him, they're making their bed and will have to lay in it. I could use another reason to not like this team and bitch and moan upon their sales dept begging me to come back.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Havent been keeping up in this thread much but, do we like Jiricek or naw

I do. Main issue is that he had a knee injury, other than he's a potential #1D. Very smart on the ice, both defensively and offensively. Very good offensively, actually. He's big and can play physically too. I would be happy with him at #5, and he's likely gonna be available.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm all about taking either defenseman. That would be my preference to the forwards. I'm not against Cooley or Gauthier (although signnificantly more to Cooley, I wanted to be top 6 to take one of the original 6 guys), but I would rather the defensemen and keep trying to turn that over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad