GDT: 2022 NHL Draft (And Trade Rumors) - Montreal - July 7 - July 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Rfabv2u.png

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I think you'll "like" both of them for very different reasons? While still adamantly believing trading down was better, with the opportunity cost too high for each of them. I have a hunch who you'd like more, but then you'd still see how far away that player is from being a blue chip prospect.

Nemec is fine, but I have so many questions. Why is he always flat-footed? He’s so passive in his zone, but when he decides to get aggressive he loses all positional discipline. Is his wrister as bad as I fear it might be? Is that why no one made him a Winger? Look at the difference between his NZ carry play when he skates it out vs when he’s the 2nd guy to touch the puck. I feel like his Entries are a completely different animal when someone feeds him into space further forward on the ice. I don’t know if that’s a footspeed or a mental issue after two quick cuts. I like him the most after possession has been established.

If you’re not telling me either of the two I’d head and shoulders above the other, I definitely want to take a high-end swing at a Forward. Nemec feels safer than I usually feel the archetype is, but the riskier ones are the guys that usually can be stars. With them, it’s “Are they so good that they can do X against NHLers?” I’ve got none of that here. He’s good in a higher-event way, but it feels soft capped. LHV would be among the worst places in the league for him.

I’m only about 8 names deep on this entire draft and I skipped the top two, but I’ve seen exactly two guys where I can visualize NHL star paths. One isn’t under consideration and the other likely goes before 5. Yeah, trade down.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I would think upgrading at the goaltending position should be a higher priority than Giroux. Of course maybe he signs there on a team friendly deal

They still have $20+ million in cap space. They're not going to spend to the cap, but they could probably get a modest upgrade in net and a decent UFA signing and still be comfortably $10m under it, especially if they buy out Del Zotto or another mediocre contract.

They seem to be moving out of tank land following Melnyk's passing. Some progress on the arena front, some commitment to icing a better hockey team.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I refuse to watch the two Defensemen before they pick just in case I actually like one of them. You can't be disappointed if you're clueless.

Look at this guy telling us when he leaves, not when he gets down @Starat327.

Selfish. Could've had some pool time with the boys. Instead he just ezpects us to beg him to stay.

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
If we didn't make the Risto trade, we definitely make that one. It will never be understated just how disastrous that trade is
Yup, 100%. It’s even worse than that. We sent Chuck to the grocery store with the last of our money and he came back with a paddle game, pinwheels, two cases of Coors Light, and a giant cowboy hat. We could have spent that on a DeBrincat but instead we have…

Reactions: BernieParent

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I refuse to watch the two Defensemen before they pick just in case I actually like one of them. You can't be disappointed if you're clueless
This. This is it, Jojo. Why would I research these kids? To "root" for my team to select one of my favorites? We all know damn well our paradigms don't align. It'd just be unnecessary agita.

Let alone I've cut my strongest ties to this team, so why would I even care who they draft? I hardly have a "favorite" team anymore to "root" for. Nowadays I just "root" for McDavid and Ovechkin and then play it by ear in the playoffs. But if anyone loses, I don't really care. I don't have a favorite team anymore

Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad